--INSTANT UPGRADES-- Possible in normal StarEdit.

H

HELLSS

I've heard of this before but just recently had it brought to my attention again.

You don't need GUedit or other such programs if you want "instant upgrades". Just follow the below instructions:
  • Open your map in StarEdit.
  • Click on "Scenario" then select "Upgrade Settings..."
  • Find and uncheck the "Use defaults.." checkbox for the upgrade(s) you want to make instant.
  • For the time cost, in both "base" and "factor" enter the numbers 8739.

THAT'S ALL! Easy huh :) For some reason StarEdit changes this to 0, you can see that it does by re-entering the upgrade settings after changing an upgrade, it will now say 0 instead of 8739

E

electris

Yes but that only works for 1 upgrade. E.g. I type in 8739 for terran infantry weapons upgrades. I save the map and then do the same fo infantry armor. After doing that it resets the infantry weapons to 1 again...

H

HELLSS

blek

That's why you change the armor, weapons, and anything else all at once without exiting it.... otherwise yes that will happen.

H

HELLSS

blek

I'll be honest and say that no one cares if you knew. The majority, over 98% of people did'nt know for a long time how to do it with regular StarEdit. So shush if you have nothing better to say blek blek.

blek I said.

:eek: That's it
:rolleyes: I know your mad at me for rating the things but thanks for telling me to read this. I've wanted instant upgrades forever! :D

P

PokémonMassacre

after experimenting, i found that you can make terran buildings instant, and when you repair them it doesn't do anything and it doesn't take up any recources, but the SCV looks like its repairing. any other building or unit with 0 build time will make the game crash when you try to build it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.