Mui ?

Ommi

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a question that I could have probably used the search function to find but I prefer a more specific answer to my problem so please bear with me:)

afaik MUI is multi user spells, which means the spell can be used multiple times at the same time (I wouldn't mind a link to a tutorial on what MUI is exactly if anyone remembers a good one)

So my question is, if I have a map, where we have say 20 heros, all of which have custom made abilities, but there will still only be 1 of each hero on the battlefield, since once a hero is selected it becomes unavailable for others to chose.

Would there be a need to make any special arrangements on MUI spells in a map like that, where essentially you will never have the same spell fired at the same time ?

Thank you all in advance and sorry for being lazy:thup:

IronTrout

Reaction score
Nope,

MuI is like multi-unit instancing or something, it only is required if two or more units are using the same spell at the same time (well really if two or more units have the same spell). If your map has only 1 unit using his spells at any time, then you should be fine :)

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
What IronTrout said is false. MUI is a lot more complex than that.

For instance, if you have two different abilities both based on Shadow Strike, the buffs will still stack as if it was the same ability used on the same target.

However, what MUI really comes down to is Triggering. When you use Waits in your triggers, you risk your global variables being re-used by other triggers, depending on how you have designed your triggers. At the same time, a good design should reuse variables as much as possible. You then have to use either hashtables or local variables to avoid these conflicts.

There are a great deal of helpful tutorials on the site which can help you understand the problems which makes spells stop being MUI.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Once in a year i browse thehelper.net, and the first thing i see is someone who attempted to steal my name :"D +rep!

Ommi

Reaction score
Once in a year i browse thehelper.net, and the first thing i see is someone who attempted to steal my name :"D +rep!

lol, was gonna say that I probably registered before you but I see you are about 10 months older then me :banghead: :eek:

You might not believe me when I say but "Ommi" is infact my real life name :p:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.