My first icon!

MooMooMan

Reaction score
Ruination said:
Yeah I don't like it either but the easiest way to make what he wants is by letting him tell me once he sees a start. This is what he described he wanted--the interpretation of that short description is relative so he will have to elaborate for me, but I had to start somewhere. It is not a self-made frame, it is copied directly from a blizz icon.

A little change...

HOLY :eek: . u hit EXACTLY what i wanted !!!!!!!! THX ALOT!!!! omgi never knew anyone who was that good!(o btw cherry blossem makes random flamestrikes/frostnovas/thuderclaps happen all over it AOE for about 8 seconds. with about 4 moves happening every 1 second.

so as you can c, this is the exact icon i was looking for!!! :D THANK U SO MUCH!!@!!!!!

C

crazedcougar

heres an idea i could use..

make a "fire broadside" ability, of like some cannonballs coming out the side of a ship :-D
do-able? thanks for reading!

MooMooMan

Reaction score
crazedcougar said:
heres an idea i could use..

make a "fire broadside" ability, of like some cannonballs coming out the side of a ship :-D
do-able? thanks for reading!

ur in wrong thread for this, hes making icons not abilities

there another one that oon this page i beleive

A

Atalatna

Icons

How do u make one?? I can't make my own icon or edit my own icon.

R

Ruination

MooMan: I'm glad you like it! Lemme convert it to .blp tonight and I'll email to ya. Send me a private message with your email.

CrazedCougar: I assumed you wanted an icon for such an ability but Moomans got me second guessing now. Did you want an icon or...?

Atalatna: I downloaded something called WC3Viewer. The icons in warcraft are in a file format used only by blizzard, and no art program can use them. WC3Viewer allows you to convert these files to other formats which CAN be edited. Find the icon tutorials at wc3sear.ch and WC3Viwer.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Ruination said:
Thanks for the input guys. Here's another one. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell what this is )= I will have to learn just how clear and vaugue I need to make these things so that they're discernable. Can anyone tell what they think this icon is depicting?

Looks like a demon coming out of a portal (in a very good way).

Your icons are amazing for a beginner, 5/5 of all of them so far :D.

they're.. awesome!

~Jindo

Pyromancer

Reaction score
Jindo said:
Your icons are amazing for a beginner, 5/5 of all of them so far :D.
they're.. awesome!

~Jindo

what he said. you should start submitting to war3sear.ch. i have a request, i want an icon that shows an ice monster thing, and a fire monster battleing each other, and also, an icon for the ability anti gravity (just be creative). third, could i have one thats this fire/ice sword, with lighting in the backround?

ok, one more: this huge mountaingiant like thing smashing sum1 into the ground, with like a huge craetor, you know.

M

Master_Saji

dude, all of these are freakin shweet! (yes, s"h"weet...MY WORD!) I'm not an art student nor have I taken any art classes but I can manipulate like a mad man ^_^ (still not good compaired to you though >,<)

R

Ruination

Haha a competition, that would be fun. Thanks guys for your compliments :) I will work on those icons tonight pyromancer, but the lot of them could take awhile. Could you describe your anti-gravity ability a little bit? Do units float into the air...?

Rad

Reaction score
AddE said:
WOW! Where did you learn photoshop???

I like totally suck on making my own drawings in photoshop.. i dont understand how to make them look 3D, i mean that they have shadows and that... Do you have MSN? Youve got to teach me some master :)

Its called the 'Drag' or maybe 'Push' tool, I use GIMP and its real easy... just pushed down the frost nova, turned down the frequency for the fire, or maybe just copy pasted sections, then for the lightning im not sure but looks good but a bit basic. Could you make one lightning only :D

This is the post with the icon

R

Ruination

Yeah the blossom one was easy for sure. I just pasted the icons you see, and the lightning takes about 10 seconds. I think Adde was referring to the streaks of light and shadow I put coming from the figure in the portal.

R

Ruination

Yeah the blossom one was easy for sure. I just pasted the icons you see, and the lightning takes about 10 seconds. I think Adde was referring to the streaks of light and shadow I put coming from the figure in the portal. And yeah I could make a lightning icon like that in about one minute :) PM your email and I'll send it to ya Rad. Unless the PMs here support file attatchments, I dunno.

What the frick? This thing is acting funny...posting for no reason :nuts:

Rad

Reaction score
U can just post here I dont mind others stealing it, in fact my email is [email protected]

Dont spam it though or the spamblocker locks u out xD

Also I made my own cherryblossom using rain of fire, purge, and frost attack if you want to use it :)

R

Ruination

K here's what i got so far for you Pyro. The fist one may not be at all what you wanted if you wanted to see like an entire mountain giant. Fitting a mountain giant and a unit hes crushing would probly be indecipherable. I could do a mountain giant punching the ground, or a fist punching a unit but not both--lemme know. I think the fire/ice sword is pretty cool tho.

here's a slightly different fist.

Attachments

• BTNFire-IceSword.jpg
    BTNFire-IceSword.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 220
  • BTNFistSlam.jpg
    BTNFistSlam.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 214
  • BTNFistSlam2.jpg
    BTNFistSlam2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 231

Sargon

Reaction score
How about a big rocky foot above a cowering Footman or something? That would work.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
your icons are really good man, keep em coming!

shoulda stuck to art school ;)

A

AddE

Rad said:
Its called the 'Drag' or maybe 'Push' tool, I use GIMP and its real easy... just pushed down the frost nova, turned down the frequency for the fire, or maybe just copy pasted sections, then for the lightning im not sure but looks good but a bit basic. Could you make one lightning only :D

This is the post with the icon

Ah, Ok.. But i mean how does he draw characters that looks 3D?...

Well now he answered it to me anyways. ( In AIM )

EDIT: Nice sword Ruination.. Well sorry to say it but i dont like those other fists so much:(

But everything else has gotten a 5/5 from me!!! (The sword 4/5 and fists 3/5)

No offense man. Everybody needs fist icons too so keep up the good work!

Rad

Reaction score
The sword doesnt match the energy of that icon with the firsts at all... The energy (Whatever its supposed to be) should be orange like the sword ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.