My first icon!

R

Ruination

I will hopefully be making a blackhole ability sometime soon which I'm gonna need some help with but in the meantime, I made this icon for it. I pretty much based it off how the model of blackhole from wc3sear.ch looks which I will most likely use in my abillity. My icon looks more like a spiral galaxy but hey, you can't SEE a blackhole so gimme a break :p Lemme know whatcha think!

Oh and if anyone has any icon requests, I could give em a shot.

Attachments

• BTNBlackHole.jpg
    BTNBlackHole.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 461
  • DISBTNBlackHole.jpg
    DISBTNBlackHole.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 448

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
It looks great. For your first try its amazing. I thought the swirly arms where matter being sucked into the holes(like on the shows with all the CGI).

It is a bit blurry though especially round the edges. The little white line(point of light?) in the middle doesn't fit either.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Mabey try to make the matter-arms look a little more like their being sucked in, theres a inner circle with no matter. But it looks realy nice! As Jazradel said for your first try, :eek: :D .

R

Ruination

Ok I have a confession to make hehe. I'm actually an art student and I've been using photoshop for years ;) So yeah these are pretty damn easy to make it took me about 15 minutes after I spent a couple hours tracking down what program to use to extract the icons.

About the spirals being matter--you might be right and now that you mention it, I recall some photos I've seen of red giant stars being spiralled around as they are sucked into a white dwarf star. A black hole should work the same way--just a lot stronger. I could make it less blurry--I will try that.

The white thing in the center coincides with the blackhole model I found. He added it just because it is more about effects than it is realism.

Any icon requests?

Sharper version...

Attachments

• BTNBlackHole.jpg
    BTNBlackHole.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 461

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
From a scientific standpoint, the jet stream of light potruding upwards out of the middle should not be there. The only mass in space that does that is a quasar, and black hole's physialogical body cannot do that.

It's structure is more of a quasar, but black hole's can also do the same thing if they are 'active'. The gas stays where it is from synergy - It's not being pulled inwards by the Black Hole.

It looks good nonetheless.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
nice icon. i mean, ive made them look that pretty before, but thats just me CnP'ing models ^_^

like a poison arrow icon i made, just took a pic of the gnoll projectile in editor, shrunk it down, added the sides, played around with it for a moment, decided i suxed at editing and it shouldnt be played around with (hehe), and savbed it. gogo me ftw.

but bloody good icon.

MooMooMan

Reaction score
the icon looked better on the first ver of it that you showed us at the start, minus the white point of light in that one and you have an icon to be proud of, personally i could never make that, i spent those 2 hours looking for the right programs as well :D then i tryed for a skin, the programs sucked and it caused loads of problems.

in the end i disinstalled everything, and went back to importing icons and skins that already exist :(

i dont think the sharp ver looks as good. i think that u shoud gowith the blurry one, looks more realistic

R

Ruination

Thanks for the input guys. Here's another one. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell what this is )= I will have to learn just how clear and vaugue I need to make these things so that they're discernable. Can anyone tell what they think this icon is depicting?

Attachments

• Blink Storm.jpg
    Blink Storm.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 455

MooMooMan

Reaction score
a guy climbing in/out of a cave

betcha its a passive trap escaper!

dont take it personally if its not

thats wat i think it is

R

Ruination

Hehe no offense taken. The thing is tiny. It is hard to tell what some icons are. If you look closely, he is holding a sword over his head, and the cave is more of a...portal. So more of an attack mid-air from blinking :D

How can I make this more clear? I dont think my portal looks like a portal is the problem :(

MooMooMan

Reaction score
i did notice the sword, i just didnt mention it for some reason, how you could improve it is by making the white portal more black, and him coming out into whatever type of enviroment you are making. if your enviroment is mostly green/yellow/blueoranyother color, make the larger part mostly that color, or the colorof the sky, yeah that wuld be good.

R

Ruination

Lol sorry man, but what your suggest is not really possible. Changing the portal from white to black would require an entirely different icon with a new light source. There is no space to put environment either, the thing is so tiny. I think I can make the portal look more magical and less like a white oval tho.

MooMooMan

Reaction score
make the portalmore shimmery then, and make the sword bigger, does the ability make him warp out of the portal carrying a toothpick to spear the enemy upon?

lol would be better if it was larger.

R

Ruination

Well I HAD named this Toothpick Blink Strike but I guess that's a flop. The sword is halfway in the portal too--the end isn't visible. Ok I think this is as good as it gets...

Attachments

• Blink Storm Sharper with lightning.jpg
    Blink Storm Sharper with lightning.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 454

Rad

Reaction score
The new shiny stuffs all squigly and the first ones were straight... what did you do? Get it from an image search :p

R

Ruination

Not sure what you mean--only one version has the shiney stuff. Lol can you tell what it is or not?

Pyromancer

Reaction score
VERY SWEET!!! i like the blurry black hole beter to. i though of a really good name for it:

Summon Angle

MooMooMan

Reaction score
can youmake it look as if its ripping reality, and the character is sunk a little more into the portal. make the portal look a little more like a "rip" that will improve it greatly.(the sword is MUCH better thats exactlywhat it needed. :D

R

Ruination

OK ok ok I'm done with this one. Any ideas for me to try? Anyone working on some unique/cool abilities? I'll try the icon if you want.

Attachments

• Blink Storm ripping.jpg
    Blink Storm ripping.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 273
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.