My first icon!

MooMooMan

Reaction score
wow, admins can really do anything they want! :D lol
still, you should have seen my reaction when i put my mouse over his rep, and it came out as "-500, SD_Ryoku is succumbing to the dark side" :D .

anyway, the first icon is exactly what i want for the braver ruination, its perfect!, buster sword isnt anything to special
/l
/ l
l l
l l
l l
l l
l l
-------
l l
--

hope that comes out clearly, :D i dont know how to add images to my posts :eek: , i really stink, well if someone could tell me how to do that, then i could give u a more accurate picture. that first pic u had was the one i liked the best, except with a buster sword.

next, for blade beam, ill try and be a little more precise. u know how to do a blurred sword that has been slashed down right? that would be to the right on the icon and the actual sword would already be touching the ground, with a blurred track above it, to say where it passed. next the beam, put a THIN, YELLOW beam to the left of the icon, this way it looks as if the sword has already fired the projectile, and is not in the process of doing so. the beam is pictured from its side.

LOL i luv the squished footman, so funny..... :D http://www.princessartemis.com/images/dragon/weapons/screen/buster.jpg

this link should show you a picture of the buster sword(hey waddaya know i found out how to do something new) id like the sword in both braver and blade beam to look just a bit like this one, doesent have to be exact, just resemble it a bit.

R

Ruination

That reminds me of that big ass sword in FFVII. I never played that one but I remember from when ym friends were playing it. Man, they loved that game.

Anyway that sword is no problem to do. This beam could take a few tries to get what you want--I know it is hard to describe. I will try.

Is the red and yellow what you wanted in the braver?

MooMooMan

Reaction score
LOL, thats cuz, its the exact same biggass sword that they had in ffVI! :D
thats y i wanted it.

yes the gold around him and the red in the background is EXACTLY what i want. perfect,o and can you change the hairstyle on the character in the icon, so that it has Cloud resembling hair?

MooMooMan

Reaction score
Ruination,Could you email me the meteorain icon, i would like to get all the icons into my map asap.

remeber, im your devoted icon implementer.(for some reason, the quality of yours FAR surpasses those of all other sites/people/artists/clowns/etc.

thx again :D

Pyromancer

Reaction score
what i miss, what i mess???

ok, sry for not responding for awile

very nice fire/ice sword, and i love the smashing thing to. the fire and ice thing was exelent.

rad, i like that cherri blossom thing alot.

master saji, thats really sweet; the four elements.....

is this comp, official, illl make a new thread.

R

Ruination

Ok so Pyro I wrote you a priv message.

Moo, I emailed you, but here is something else. The Bladebeam as best I could match your description so far.

Attachments

• BTNBladeBeam.jpg
    BTNBladeBeam.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 215

MooMooMan

Reaction score
wowch! that could be something that i described, (snicker) but its pretty far away from what i want. first the whole thing needs to be turned so its not diagonal, the whole thing needs to be horizontal.

next, dont show the hilt of the sword, the main thing in the pic should be the beam, make the beam look MUCH thicker, it isnt a small strigh beam.

its a tall stand alone.... wait ill try and find a pic on googlehttp://eternal-legend.com/ffvii/limits/shots/th_bladebeam1.jpg

you will notice the buster sword to the right in the pic, the projectile that is about to hit the creature, is what i want the beam to look like. put the sword exactlyas you had it, but no hilt, and slashing downward. like a half circle. then try ur very best to put the beam( thats about to hit the enemy in the pic that i linked to this) to the right of the pic, and not touching the sword.

next for the spiky hair pichttp://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/494/char/cloud.gif

see his hair? thats what i want the braver guy's hair to resemble. again it doesent have to be exact, just akin to it.

(p.s. WOW u did a great job making the buster sword!!!) :D

R

Ruination

Hehe. That was a thin yellow beam coming out of the sword before the end of its swing. But yes, you are trying to describe something quite paricular. I will try one more time.

Oh and your hair link didn't work.

Hmm ok I am trying the Bladebeam again and I really am stuck here. I don't understand what you want. The hardest part here is making it look like the beam was shot mid-swing. That is proving tricky. Would be much easier if I could put the beam coming off the sword at the bottom of the swing. Also, why shouldn't the beam be touching the sword? It comes off from the sword so surely the beam should be touching it? If not, this will waste valuable space putting them apart like that.

Here is what I hope is at least one step forward to waht you want. No hilt, and not diagonal. Now is the beam placed correctly or is sposed to be spaced quite far away from the end of the sword?(which is a bad idea)

Attachments

• BTNBladeBeam2.jpg
    BTNBladeBeam2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 228

MooMooMan

Reaction score
ok i have good answers to those.

beam doesnt need to look like it came off mid swing. allu need to do is draw the beam i showed u in the link, on one side of the icon, and the buster sword(blade, no hilt) on one side, coming down with a blur.

thats the simplest way i can put it.

the beam needs to be yellow

(cant u just draw on the hair?)

Pyromancer

Reaction score
on the blade beam, add a boarder, and make it so you can see more of the sword (aka, the handle :rolleyes: )

MooMooMan

Reaction score
i will now ressurect this thread from the grave!!! ooooooooooooooo(ghost moans) :D

ruination, howza the icon making going?
p.s.

:eek: ITS WORKED! ITS ALIVE!!!! ITS ALLLIIIIVVVVEEE!!! :eek:

R

Ruination

Aye I can do the hair I assume but the link you posted didn't work so I still don't knwo what the hair looks like. Try another link plz.

MooMooMan

Reaction score
o dammit it didnt? ill try againhere it is...........

this image captures the hair doo better, hope u can d it, be the way, any chance of making the buster sword in braver any thicker? in the game it HUGE like... his sword is bigger than he is. i imported the icons(meteor and braver, i still luv meteor, but the braver could get a LITTLE bit better, iknow ur working ur ass off, but just this one, bladebeam and omni slash, then ur done.)

ive decided what the omnislashthing should be like, it might not fit, but lets hope it does, ok a red ripped-like slash on the left of the enemy, as if he just did it, and cloud(im not asking for ny detail in this one.) coming out of a blink-like rip ready to slash again.(oof, VERY graphical, hope u can manage. :) )

could i see how blade beam is coming along?

R

Ruination

Okay the hair cannot be done sorry. This silloughette with his arms over his head has no room for some big ass hair. If hair were there, the whole area over his head would just be black, so thats what I did and made the sword bigger.

in this bladebeam, it is an exact copy of the beam you linked, and copy of the sword you linked. No hilt, horizontal sword on one side, beam on the other. That is my last attempt at that so I hope thatll do it.

Your description of omnislash sounds like something that would take us a dozen versions to match so please simplify it. Unless you think you can describe it much much more specifically. If you could draw even the most crappy sketch of it, that would probly help.

Attachments

• BTNBladeBeam3.jpg
    BTNBladeBeam3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 239
  • BTNBraver2Hair.jpg
    BTNBraver2Hair.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 221
R

Ruination

Lol okay blight, yes that muddled me more. I'm glad you like the others at least. So just one left eh? You don't have MS Paint on your comp? I do need something even if it is crappy--I just need to see what all you think is going to fit in 64x64 pixels.

Pyro I can try this if you want but it will look a LOT like farsight. I would just use farsight if I was you. If I were to make it, it would be the exact same concept but maybe a different-looking landscape would be unique enough for you. So yes? Or no?

Pyromancer

Reaction score
could you make the guy thats casting it? like, this old guy rubbing his temples, and runes and energy rays, and stuff like that? also, give it kindof a blue feeling.

L

lego2211

Question Lol

Okay, question from a newbie....dont want to mess the thread or anything, but how do you blur in photshop? I dont have it....im on my grandfather's PC and he has it so im messing around......:D

L

lego2211

Much abliged, now how do I change the color.....(im just asking random questions :D).....the color of the pencil i mean....like i am trying to draw in green

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.