My first icon!

F

-fool-

they are all going to look out of place if you dont change the border to what all the icons have fot active abilities.

R

Ruination

Lego if you are serious about learning, I can answer your questions if you have AIM. Otherwise, you're better off finding someone to show you in person, or buy a book. If you made a thread with each and every question like how to change color, it would be 1243264745 posts long before you learned anything. I am [email protected] or IM me at that name. But again, if you're asking just for the hell of it, then I'd rather not try to help you--only if you were sincere.

Here is telepathy for Pyromancer:

Attachments

• BTNTelepathy.jpg
    BTNTelepathy.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 186
R

Ruination

Lol yes it is a hood and you can see his beard...I'll try less contrast. Not a robot :p

T

tys1701

Icon use

Are we allowed to use the icons there or is it only for the person who requested???

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Y would the ppl care? Maybe you can, just give credit to the maker of the icon.

R

Ruination

I spose you should ask the person I made it for but you don't have to give me credit--I don't really care. It's not like I'm known in the icon making field. My name would just be superfluous information, but you can if you want :)

Pyromancer

Reaction score
anyone can use icons i requested. im just kinda texting his ability with icons to make. try making this huge beast grabing a peasent about to devour it.

R

Ruination

Okay I'm all done doing requests :p Here are three more anyone is welcome to use. And remember you can rename them if you like just change the import path in your map to whatever you change it to. I can't decide if the last one looks best with pupils or not. She looks more posessed with none.

Attachments

• BTNAbsorbEnergy.jpg
    BTNAbsorbEnergy.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 233
  • BTNCarrionSwarm.jpg
    BTNCarrionSwarm.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 170
  • BTNLivingDead.jpg
    BTNLivingDead.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 169
  • BTNLivingDead.jpg
    BTNLivingDead.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 182

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
woah!!!

You rock at icons! These just rule, did you do them all from scratch?

If so, where DID you learn photoshop?

5/5 for all that ive seen so far (about 7 icons!)

~Jindo

R

Ruination

Thanks guys :) I don't include the DIS because I was lazy and I just wanted to show you guys what I did, but if anyone wants these converted to blp or needs DIS version or both, I can do that no problem. I got an idea for making the living dead resemble a charm effect. Gonna post that next.

And this kind of stuff cannot be done on photoshop, photoshop is only good for manipulating images or making effects/filters. Paper Agent's icons are very good examples of what effects and filters can do to make cool things. But these I made are drawings I did first and I added color balance and a few filters.

EDIT: The first one could be done in just photoshop since I removed all detail I had drawn. It just wasn't readable as it was so I just made it a nice readable silloughette.

Does this remind you of charm?

Attachments

• BTNCharm.jpg
    BTNCharm.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 213
S

skinny77

RUINation, u r unreal! u icons like better than blizzards! keep posting ones u made, I had fun just looking at them (Iwould use them but i cant coz i cant import no matter how many tutorials i read). You brighting up my day, ruination!

S

skinny77

Ahem, may I realliterate...

KEEP POSTING THEM!

Not only are they fun to look at (I spent all this morning drooling and getting eye cancer) but they are also very useful for the Mapmaker community. Keep going.

S

Spoony

Earlier in this thread you mentioned something about finding a manual on how to use adobe photoshop. I was wondering if you have any suggestions as to good ones?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.