Optimization

KnightRanger

Reaction score
Anyone know i optimizer for a custom map thats good at protecting the map and increases dl time. My maps dls slow like dota but the load time is like 15-25 seconds which is really good. Anyone know of a optimizer that with decrease dl time?

Sessional

Reaction score
Vexorians Map Optimizer, it's usually in his signature. Widgetizer is another option if you'd rather use that.

KnightRanger

Reaction score
lol which one is it though? i know i got my current one from here and its easy to use and great protecter but no help to dl speed.

KnightRanger

Reaction score
So i did the widgetzer thingy and it worked.... but reduce loading time not down loading time. and i already had the optimizer. So is there i program to speed up down loading time not loading time. Because the widgetzer made my loading time like 10 seconds lol but it takes like 1 minute to download the map

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So is there i program to speed up down loading time not loading time.

Other than what you've already done, no. Those programs you already used have taken out as much as is safe to take from a map, nothing more can be taken from the map file to reduce file size.

The only thing left is if you have any textures/models/music you imported that you dont use/need then take em out. I'm sure the majority would rather want a 2mb sized game that downloads in a blink over a 5mb that has a cool skin and some music.

bumbaclo

Reaction score
Vexorian's Map Optimizer usually does a great job for me, and shrinks maps by an average of a half. An optimizer is meant to reduce dl times by shrinking the map. If it doesn't, then there are a number of things that could have gone wrong (check the Readme file under "What to do if the optimized map becomes BIGGER than original?").

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.