Orbiting Something Other Than Orbs Around Hero

SkinnyAshley

Reaction score
Okay...this is going to sound weird. One of the heroes in my map has a skill were he is orbited by chairs. In case anyone is wondering, he's based off somebody I know in real life that has a tendency to trip over chairs a lot. So I was wondering if it would be possible to do this? I thought about maybe using orbs (such as fire orb), but they only orbit the weapon. Something like Blood Mage's floating orbs is what I would preferably like...but with chairs. I don't even know, for instance, whether it is possible to use a doodad in this way.

Also, I may as well ask, would it be possible to change the models used in a stampede based spell to doodads (benches in this case)?

Thanks in advance.
-- SkinnyAshley

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
Hm... on the Blood mage, it has the spheres rotating around it, and it is in the Abbilities - Normal, so i think you can make one by going to abbilities and copying the abbility spheres and changing it around to your liking. Then add it to your hero

SkinnyAshley

Reaction score
Okay, well I just tried this (made a custom ability based on Sphere, and changed the model to Chair), but nothing appeared. Thanks anyway though, Nachos. Any other ideas?
-- SkinnyAshley

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
well the ability Spheres is just a special effect, its just a permanent special effect attached to the hero, if you look at the ability you'll see that it got attachment points on sphere 1, sphere 2 and sphere 3.. and that 3 attachment point only the blood mage model got...

you could do it with triggers, though that i dont know how...

swe_suffer

Reaction score
If you look at the model, you will see that it is the model rotating (its atached to chest i think..) not a specific function or something.. So to make this you must create a custom animation for the chair model (export - if you are using the one from wc3) by using a modeling / animation software like blender (open source)... (..or maya etc if you are willing to pay a lot for it)

Edit: well - it looks like I wasn't realy to dug into this.. look above :Z

SkinnyAshley

Reaction score
Well this seems like a lot of work for a map that is just meant to be a bit of fun between me and my friends :p. Thanks for the help everyone, but I just don't see it being worth it.
-- SkinnyAshley

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.