Paranormal

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I think it's true but I try to think that it's fake. Just to flatter myself when I'm scared.

Scientifically speaking, in terms of ghosts, it's fake...

In terms of ET, I think it's real. But they're just normal like all of us, animals. Not any fancy large-eyed, big-headed freak that comes in highly advanced spaceships and try to kill us humans for no apparent reasons apart from wanting to take over our so called nourished planet because their planet resources are depleting (because they build too many spaceships...for no apparent good reason), or probably they come just for the fun of it...

They should be somewhat like a normal organism who probably have different means of living system depending on their environment. Why do I believe? Because The Universe is a damn big place to live in. There can't be just one ant nest on Earth, can it?

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
You never know, one type of alien could be look like the "stereotypical" alien.
But I agree with vypur, in terms of ghosts i think thats fake. But theres just gotta be another life form out there besides us. Probably lots that are more technologically advanced than us and lots still in what we call stone ages

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
As far as supernatural goes (ghosts,demons, angels etc.), they don't exist.

However, I think that it is impossible for there to be no other sentient life in the universe. So I would say aliens exist.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Our brains are coded to create ghosts and other scary things when it's dark or we hear a strange sound. It's a survival mechanic - makes us run very fast in the other direction.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I also think that ghosts are bull****, but I am not one to judge and I think that there is somethings on this planet that we humans still don't know about and that we probably never will.

Aliens, I'd say that there must be something else out there, but saying that the odds are to small for there not to be something else than us living in the universe and saying that the odds are to small for there to be anything else than us, to me that is saying that the glass is half empty or half full, it does not matter what people believe, go out there and find them or do not, what else is there to it:confused:

But, there is one thing that actually always has amazed me quite much, when we die, we loose 21grams of our weight, not matter how big we are or how large lungs we have. That makes me believe that there has to be something more to it that just belony:cool:

Reaction score
But, there is one thing that actually always has amazed me quite much, when we die, we loose 21grams of our weight, not matter how big we are or how large lungs we have.

You sure as hell didn't get that from a reliable source.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Haha my thoughts exactly. Those results were never replicated and had a high percentage of error.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
But, there is one thing that actually always has amazed me quite much, when we die, we loose 21grams of our weight, not matter how big we are or how large lungs we have. That makes me believe that there has to be something more to it that just belony:cool:

Maybe you saw the movie? Anyways, this really isn't true: http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp
Also, belony? I think you mean bologna :p

As for the topic itself, I think 'paranormal' is too much of an umbrella term to be discussed. It can be interpreted in many different ways (Intelligent life outside of Earth; the supernatural; Nessie, Bigfoot, etc.).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You sure as hell didn't get that from a reliable source.

It was just something I had heard. I thought it was true, but then I guess it is not.

But what do you people think about "far-sight" and "true-dreaming". I pretty much believe in true dreaming, but not as a paranormal thing, it is more of a psycological matter to me.

For instance, back in school. I was going to have a history test, I have had this teacher for history in many years. The night before the test I had a dream, it was about the test and I saw the questions in it and so on. The next day I went to school and aced it without even studying anything else than the questions I saw in the dream.

I think that there is a logical explanation behind it tho:
What happens during the day is stored in the short term memory.
When we go to sleep, the mind takes what is stored in the memory and stores the information it finds relevant in the long term memory.
This is when we dream, the dreams are interperatations (not sure if this is a word) of what we have seen and expirienced since the last time we went to sleep.

The reason for that I dreamt about the test is probably this:
I had known that teacher for about 3 years.
I had studied and learned his way of teaching and his choice of questions to come on a test.
I had been to all his leasons about the subject and listened to what he was talking about.
I really liked the subject, which made it easy to learn without further study from me.

Either that explanation, or we can go with the paranormal one:
I am I psycic.

Which did you preffer?
I for one preffer the first one, beacuse I am not one that likes to stand out from the crowd.
I think that it is all about selection when it comes to "true-dreaming".

P.S. Not sure if I got all the facts in there that is needed to explain it right. It is just a, from my point of view, likely theory anyway of what occurs, and not an all fact information. The story is true tho.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
paranormal is ghosts right
well i was watching taps
its a show were they go to "haunted places"
and in this one episode the guy in front of the camera was struck by something
not human and near the end of the show it showed his back with bruises

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
paranormal is ghosts right
well i was watching taps
its a show were they go to "haunted places"
and in this one episode the guy in front of the camera was struck by something
not human and near the end of the show it showed his back with bruises

The problem with those shows is that if there is a gap in between the "striking" and the showing of the bruises, like they cut to another scene and back or something, they can have "planted" the bruices easely:rolleyes:
Just so you know that;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.