Set level for one created unit?

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
I have a cage in my map that contains a prisoner. If a player breaks open the cage, one of three things will pop out and join them: a priest, an orc shaman or a dryad. Problem is, if the player is using humans and they get the dryad, there's no way for her to be able to abolish magic until the research has been done, which in the human player's case is impossible. I want her to come out with the ability from the get-go. But I don't want to set all Drayds' levels to automatically have it; players using elves should still have to research it as per normal - except for this one particular dryad, if they get her. Likewise the shaman that pops out would be able to cast bloodlust, and so on. Not sure if this is clear. Is there a way to set the level of ability for this (the last created) unit without blanketing tech-tree stuff for the player's entire force?

Flow

Reaction score
You could make a custom unit for the Dryad, with modified spells that don't have any techtree requirements, and do the same for the others that are given to any race other than their own.

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
That sounds like a good fix - how would I do that? I've only just worked out how to set the three unit types in a variable array etc... : )

Flow

Reaction score
Go to the Object Editor. Right-click the Dryad and select New Custom Unit (or something like that). Remove its abilities listed in the Unit Abilities field. Now go to the Ability section of the Object Editor. Find whatever spells you want to edit (Abolish Magic, for this example). Right-click Abolish Magic and select New Custom Ability. In this new ability, which is identical to the regular Abolish Magic, delete whatever is in the Techtree Requirements field. This way, the ability can be used without the originally required upgrades. Now give your new custom Dryad this modified Abolish Magic, in the field where you deleted her old abilities.

Repeat this for the other units and their abilities as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.