Techtree Requirements - Building Crash

jayhant

Reaction score
So in my map Kingdoms and Nations RP I made a custom building, a 'Mage War Camp' which basically trains mages, initially, for it to be able to be built by the player they needed the unit 'Magic' which acts as an unlocker/techtree requirement for that and other units in my game.

Anyway I changed it so the 'Mage War Camp' needs the building 'Mages Guild' which is a building a 'Build Spot' can upgrade to as well as the 'Mages Guild' being able to upgrade back to the 'Build Spot'

When this is the case whenever I click the 'build' skill from the usual peasant/builder it crashes me to desktop, if I remove the ability of the 'Mages Guild' to upgrade back to the 'Build Spot' so the 'Mages Guild' cant upgrade to anything else, it doesnt seem to crash.

While the ability to upgrade the 'Mages Guild' back to the 'Build Spot' is not that important, I eventually want the 'Mages Guild' to be able to upgrade to different magic-related buildings like a 'Fire Mage College' or something (which in turn would unlock more units)

TLDR
Anyway know what causes this techtree requirements build ability crash when I set the requirements as a building that has the ability to upgrade to another building?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe circular tech tree dependencies will cause a map crash. You'll have to work around this - perhaps by having an "upgrade" that fires a trigger to replace the structure with the original build spot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.