TFT Battlenet Wont Connect

I

Imports615

OK...i read that stickied thread any tried everything in there. I downloaded the patches, restarted my modem, reinstalled warcraft, and restarted my computer. Ive also disabled firewalls and all that. The last time I played BNet was a few months ago. It used to be that the first time I tried entering BNet after installing the game Norton would pop up asking if I want to allow TFT to access the internet or not. For some reason it didnt do that this time. The screen stays on the Initiating Connection screen. Then if I cancel that and try to exit TFT my computer freezes. Anybody know how to fix this?

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
So did you shut off norton also? By saying that you expect it to ask you, then that implies that you left it on. If you have Norton Firewall on / didn't enable the port, it will block you from accessing battle.net

I

Imports615

Yeah I forgot to say that I turned norton completely off but it still did the same thing. My internet connection is a cable modem in case anybody needs to know that.

Reaction score
hmm, have you already turned off your norton firewall and all of your other firewalls, i have 2 firewalls, one for norton and one from my internet connection. Make surey ou also open ports for it, 6112 is the most common one i believe.

I

Imports615

I finally got it to work. I turned off the norton stuff and my windows firewall. I also messed around with my other internet security thing and got BNet to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.