UI attack type icon won't show?

MutantRex

Reaction score
So, in my map that im making, the hero has no weapon - no attack - and when he gets his sword it enables his attack.

I've got all this figured out. How ever now my problem is when he gets the sword, the armor icon thing moves down (as if to make room for the attack type/damage ammount) but nothing appears... can do i fix this minor glitch?

Because right now, idk how much damage or anything my hero is doing...

Goliath520

Reaction score
if all else fail, replicate the unit and do a unit replacement. go to the object editor copy your unit paste him with his attacks and everything set up. add an editor suffix. go to your trigs and do something like

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit aquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Hero manipulating item) Equal to grand poo-bah <gen>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace grand poo-bah <gen> with a grand poo-bah(with sword) using The old unit's relative life and mana

Goliath520

Reaction score
Hmmm thats a good idea. but what about his learned spells and abilities?

hmm, maybe this might work. basically u need a integer variable(array) with how ever many possible skills plus 1, use the first array for the heroes level and the others as the other skills(make sure you maintain some order)

Trigger:
  • untitled trigger
    • Actions
      • Set Herotransfer[1] = (Hero level of (Hero manipulating item))
      • Set Herotransfer[2] = (Level of {insert skill 1 here} for (Hero manipulating item))
      • Set Herotransfer[3] = (Level of {insert skill 2 here} for (Hero manipulating item))
      • Set Herotransfer[4] = (Level of {insert skill 3 here} for (Hero manipulating item))
      • Set Herotransfer[5] = (Level of {insert skill 4 here} for (Hero manipulating item))
      • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to Herotransfer[1], Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Last created unit): Set to ((Herotransfer[2] + Herotransfer[3]) + (Herotransfer[4] + Herotransfer[5])) points
      • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to Herotransfer[2], Hide level-up graphics

remember, I would keep this as a last resort.

I don't know that this will work. I have never used integers in triggers but I believe this is what would be needed
Trigger:
  • untitled trigger
    • actions
      • For each (Integer Herotransfer[2]) from 1 to Herotransfer[2], do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Learn skill for (Last unit created): {insert skill 1 here}

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.