Which would be the fastest (Periodic triggers)

Weyird

Reaction score
Just to streamline things, I was thinking of making all my "every second" triggers into one master trigger which then runs all other triggers.

There are 2 types of "every second" triggers:
1) Needs to run through whole game, eg the clock.
2) Needs to run because of an ability being activated (at the moment I have a trigger that says "if ability is cast, turn on trigger ABC" and then the trigger is turned off again when the spell is finished.

I'll def put #1 under a global trigger that runs the 'every second' updates. But for #2, would it be best to create a boolean array and put them as true/false when abilities are activated/deactivated and then run "if boolean is true, then run trigger Z"? Or leave as is?

Just curious if you guys knew which is faster..

EDIT:
I also have two or three arb triggers that run periodically but with different values, like every 13 seconds, 27 seconds, etc. is it faster to leave them as is or to incorporate them into the master trigger with an integer array that counts down every second and then when the integer is 0, the trigger runs?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Just separate them into different triggers. Doesn't make much difference, or at all.

Easier to configure and it's less messy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.