(10) Plains of War ORPG

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
k i got my ICQ andim trying to make MSN i will add it to my profile when i have one (this stupid thing doesn't work :banghead: that's why i hate msn :mad:)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, you're having problems with MSN (Which is unusual), well anyways...how's progress going with the 3 systems? Is hi_im_bob working/helping as well?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Okay, you're having problems with MSN (Which is unusual)
not the MSN itself just the registeration anyway it doesn't let me make an account but i will solve it out....
well anyways...how's progress going with the 3 systems? Is hi_im_bob working/helping as well?
well i think im done with the duel system it's fully MUI and leakless except for that i can't destroy the PG because WEU doesn't let me use custom scripts for some reason (always tell me there is an error on the script even when it's perfectly fine) but i will solve it out, anyway i just need to test it with some1 to check if it works properly......

and i haven't made any contact with hi_im_bob....

anyway i need to ask u how exacly u want ur stash system to be?

Edit: i think u should have more than 7 heroes people like when they have variety but this isn't realy urgent and we can add them on further versions.

here's the map if u wanna see what i have done with the duel system.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Doom-Angel I have been messing around with different item systems. Thantos wanted to use the one that Luth used in Battle of the Stars, but I dont know how to make it so I emailed him waiting for reply. (1st pg) If you want help to test system today (Tuesday) is best, preferably before 6 EST. Working on getting an MSN.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Thantos wanted to use the one that Luth used in Battle of the Stars
what system is that exacly?
cuz i understood he wanted to have same box for different player like in diablo and each player has his item there anyway i think it might be possible using GetLocalPlayer but im not sure if i can do it on unit anyway i need to check it out

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
not the MSN itself just the registeration anyway it doesn't let me make an account but i will solve it out....

well i think im done with the duel system it's fully MUI and leakless except for that i can't destroy the PG because WEU doesn't let me use custom scripts for some reason (always tell me there is an error on the script even when it's perfectly fine) but i will solve it out, anyway i just need to test it with some1 to check if it works properly......

and i haven't made any contact with hi_im_bob....

anyway i need to ask u how exacly u want ur stash system to be?

Edit: i think u should have more than 7 heroes people like when they have variety but this isn't realy urgent and we can add them on further versions.

here's the map if u wanna see what i have done with the duel system.

I see, it strange why WEU won't work with custom strings....I use UMSWE to work on the map.

what system is that exacly?
cuz i understood he wanted to have same box for different player like in diablo and each player has his item there anyway i think it might be possible using GetLocalPlayer but im not sure if i can do it on unit anyway i need to check it out

The Stash system, but we're trying to contact Luth so we can implement his system, which also allows us to not place several boxes at once, instead, it's one box but the items are hidden.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Okay he replied, he said that he did it in JASS ( I know little about JASS) and second that he didnt want to reveal his trade secrets. He sort of explained how he triggered it so I can try to do it.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay he replied, he said that he did it in JASS ( I know little about JASS) and second that he didnt want to reveal his trade secrets. He sort of explained how he triggered it so I can try to do it.

Okay, if we can't develop this system ourselves, then we have to do a following stash or something related to that.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
I use UMSWE to work on the map.
where can i get it?
Okay, if we can't develop this system ourselves, then we have to do a following stash or something related to that.
i think it's possible to make it put all at one just let me work on it a little and see how it works also u got any map made by Luth with this system?

also how are u gonna make that stash have more than 6 places?

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
can u send me a link where i can normally create an account?
my stupid MSN doesn't create it always say i got problems and even when i fix them all it thinks alot and make u think it worked than says u there has been an error and every detail i wrote needs to written again (that's why i hate Msn :mad:)

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
yea i have this link too through my MSN but still when i open it i can see only the background and the rest of it doesn't exist.....

can u try open a further link for me and see if it would work?

C

Cookie

Alrighty, sorry thanatos i haven't posted back in a while... there has been a strom where i am from, burning out a connection in my modem, thus I have been having trouble connecting to the internet... sorry :(

Okay, i may not be able to work on your project for a while, perhaps a week or two, but when I do come back, I will be more then willing to work on some terraining etc... :D

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay then Cookie, Pheonixashes is taking over your position until you can reconnect with the internet properly, we've been discussing over of how the map terrain should look like, but mainly me and Pheonixashes. Pheonixashes developed a scale map so we can see how we should do the terrain. We're about 45% done with Dustvile, and will soon be working on sea terrain.

The port's sea (Oceais Region) will be a battlefield for ships. Yeah, it was all Pheonixashes' idea. We've also discussed on how the interval of waves that ships will spawn (Approximately 30 minutes, again, Pheonixashes' idea).

So, how do we cross from the port to the other side you say? First of all, there will be several merchants that will sell you ship parts which are the main branch of creating your own battleship/transport ship. But this can be quite expensive and requires your brain to see which parts to choose out, wisely. For example:

1 Wooden Hull + 1 Basic Sail + 1 Basic Cannon = Battleship (Or whatever).

Pheonixashes developed this idea, which is sort of like Battleships, but relativly different. This is sort of Battleships and a recipe. This shouldn't be so hard to trigger, which is good.

Once you've gathered certain parts for your ship, it will form into an item (The ship) and you can begin the construction of your ship. When building your ship, remember to protect it at all costs if you are hostile to another player, surely, you don't want it to be destroyed with the money spent with it right? Constructing a ship takes about 1-2 minutes, depending of how good your ship is. For example:

If your ship is a raft, it'll only take about 30-45 seconds. But if your ship is a Leviathan, it'll probably take a minute and 50 seconds or more.

Note that it was only an example, we might not put the actual ship names like Leviathan (Though it's a good one :() until we agree on what ships we can add in.

After construction of your ship, you may board inside of it. Each ship is different, but will allow access to the next region.

What happens if your ship is destroyed in battle you ask? Or maybe pirates raided your ship? Well, it's quite obvious, you end up on the shore of the port (The place where you have to contruct your ship).

Well...that's all for now about the information of Oceais.

Apparantly, we're short on JASSers so that'll be a problem sadly :(.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Apparantly, we're short on JASSers so that'll be a problem sadly .
basically i know a bit if Jass but if u let me time to learn it i can get better...

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay then, lucky we have a JASSer :). Well, Pheonixashes has the map and is improving the ramps, adding guards, and is creating new areas such as the mountain I asked him to do. When he's finished, I'm going to smash in a bunch of units, summonings, spells, and whatever (I'm using Oninuva's Attribute Spell Enhancement tutorial to help me). But mainly, I'm working on the Object Editor :p.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I should have this map ready by... around 4-5 PM this afternoon, only because I have school.

EDIT: Map finished. Either Doom_Angel or Thanatos is working on it next. Doom_Angel has GMT+2, so his time is sort of weird compared to ours... or it just might be us.

Thanatos is doing what he does best,
Doom_Angel is adding a semi-tracker for finding party members.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.