(10) Plains of War ORPG

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Hmm...I need the stash system that Luth uses for his Battle of the Stars map, it will prove useful than having several stashes in the same area, or a moving stash. I need to think of other systems we could use...

I have never seen/played map. Can you give a discription of what the stash system is?

Also WE has not crashed....yet.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I have never seen/played map. Can you give a discription of what the stash system is?

Also WE has not crashed....yet.

Hmm...the stash system that Luth uses has a object, which is the stash. Like in Diablo 2, there is only ONE stash, but items are not shared. You can put your items in, but nobody can take the items inside, they can only see the items they themselves put into it. Like:

Player 1 puts "Rugged Sword", "Healing Potion", and "Iron Buckler" into the stash. All of the other players may not see Player 1's items or other players' items in the stash, they will see empty slots instead. The players can put in 6 items each, without other players taking them.

So basically, that explains the system, ask Luth for more information, or play Diablo 2.

Here's the map so far, I added regions in the Forest which gave me an idea for a new area, which is hooked to Kinglepath Road, the area one Cookie made. I'm updating my first post with a screenshot and the new area.

Plains of War ORPG [1.0a]

C

Cookie

Sweet, im guna do some more terraining now, but just a question, is this going to have a 3rd Person View??? :D

C

Cookie

Alrighty, i've done a bit more terraining :D... i extended part of the forest, made a new part of Forest :D

Tell me what you think :D

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmm...3rd person might cause lag problems, so I'll scratch that out, instead, I'll lock the camera to the hero and make keyboard movements.

Okay, 23 minutes and a new forest, you work fast :). I haven't opened the map yet though, but I am now.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmm, you mean WEU? Open it (Not the actual editor) and find: Create Map. Then after that, find Height & Width and set it to the desired dimension.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I'd help terrain, but I'm swamped with other projects in WC along with real life projects. T_T.

However, I can do Beta Testing, and give ideas. I can also help with the Geography, unless you've got that covered... Geography as in location placement and ideas for areas.
Is that ok?

I'll message you if I'm free for terraining... Plains, Forests, and Mountains aren't too hard to terrain.

EDIT: I've seen your map. Terraining shouldn't be too hard. Just message me telling me what to do, and I'll do it to the best of my abilities. None of my other projects are in a big hurry right now, other people are taking care of it.
NOTE: Tell me how many MAX doodads I should have, I usually go a bit overboard on those ^_^. If you want my help, of course.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'd help terrain, but I'm swamped with other projects in WC along with real life projects. T_T.

However, I can do Beta Testing, and give ideas. I can also help with the Geography, unless you've got that covered... Geography as in location placement and ideas for areas.
Is that ok?

I'll message you if I'm free for terraining... Plains, Forests, and Mountains aren't too hard to terrain.

EDIT: I've seen your map. Terraining shouldn't be too hard. Just message me telling me what to do, and I'll do it to the best of my abilities. None of my other projects are in a big hurry right now, other people are taking care of it.
NOTE: Tell me how many MAX doodads I should have, I usually go a bit overboard on those ^_^. If you want my help, of course.

Sorry for not replying, I was working on the Training Grounds and watching TV :p. Well, I'm 1/3 done with that part, as soon as I can make the heroes' spells and whatever, we can do Beta testing right away, but of course, it won't be submitted onto Epic War until Beta completion.

Reply to EDIT:

Okay, all terrainer slots closed, one more if in need of an emergency.

Reply to Note:

I don't really care for max doodads, I have WE-No-Limits anyway, but as long as it looks good for an ORPG and matchies the surrounding terrain, I really don't care what the doodads are :).

Well, let's see what other areas are needed....ah yes! I need Gothicson Town finished, which should be connected to the last empty area of Gothicson Forest (I'll make a region for you to find the area, delete it afterwards :)).

Once that's completed, the only exit of Evergreen Forest should become another moderate road (Like, Kinglepath Road but a little longer with some crops on the sides) which will lead to mountains. The road should be going frontwards and a bit to the side-to-side paths, making it more of an actual road.

For the mountains, it should be dark. The mountains should have a pointed top, the path should go side to side almost, but a bit slanted, but I'm not really good at explaining :p.

I'm still working on the map, so it's not ready yet for the terrain.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Thanks.
I might not have a chance to work on it tonight, but I'll work on it through most of tomorrow.
We just had a week-long break, and I still haven't finished my homework yet.

But Thanatos, shouldn't the testing be called Alpha Testing if the map hasn't been, like, half finished yet?

Sorry...

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay then, I'm going to stop progress right now until tommorow or tonight (If I have the time). Well, alright, it'll be alpha for a while until most of the terrain and objects are completed.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Okay Thantos I will try to work on what you were talking about, and by the way I would also help Alpha/Beta test.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
hey this seems nice
i might take the system developer job (if u think i suit for it) and i think that with it i will also take the Mad supporter i guess tell me if u got any interest in me

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay.....in a few minutes, I'm going to edit this post for the placement of the map, so those who are working now, please stop.

EDIT:

Please tell me who wants to go first, otherwise, I'll have 2 maps which are different.

EDIT 2:

Removed Link. Go to page 3 for the attachment.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmm...yeah I did....but I can't think of any systems for this ORPG :banghead:. You have any idea of what systems you can create that might be useful for this ORPG?

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
let me see ur map and the way it's builded and i might think for u on one

Edit: btw if u want u can also conclude me as map tester

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay.....in a few minutes, I'm going to edit this post for the placement of the map, so those who are working now, please stop.

EDIT:

Please tell me who wants to go first, otherwise, I'll have 2 maps which are different.

Click the Link.

EDIT:

Removed Link. Go to page 3 for the next attachment.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I'll go first, I have nothing else to do except play Farewell Hyrule King on piano -_-.

Thanatos, PM me with a detailed description of what the town is like, I don't want to mess up.

EDIT: Did you include the region for the Gothicston Town? I can't find it.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay Phoenixashes, you'll go first, if Doom-Angel is bugging you ablout the map, give it to him next after you're done.

You mean Gothicson Town correct? Alright then, I'm PM you shortly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.