(10) Plains of War ORPG

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
well it looks nice and i see this map is realy at the start
anyway i think the chat window is nice but why don't make it shorter?

Btw if i have any ideas should i post them here or send it to u in private?

Edit: in this map it doesn't seem like u have all these towns (that's how it seem like near to the completion...)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
well it looks nice and i see this map is realy at the start
anyway i think the chat window is nice but why don't make it shorter?

Chat window? You mean in the trigger when you type a message in-game? It was made by someone in WC3 Campaigns, whoever made it was really good at triggering.

Btw if i have any ideas should i post them here or send it to u in private?

Best if you post them here, I don't mind a PM so it doesn't matter, PM me or post the ideas here.

Edit: in this map it doesn't seem like u have all these towns (that's how it seem like near to the completion...)

I guess so. That's why I'm still a long way to go, but with Cookie's help, I started working on this project more than my World of Naruto ORPG map. All I need to get into Alpha testing is with the spells.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Chat window? You mean in the trigger when you type a message in-game? It was made by someone in WC3 Campaigns, whoever made it was really good at triggering.
well when u get some1 who is good at jass (im just a begginer i don't wanna screw stuff :p) all i need is to add to it a condition which detects the lenght of the Entered string so it will move to the next row i can change the size of window but i don't think i can make this condition....
Best if you post them here, I don't mind a PM so it doesn't matter, PM me or post the ideas here
i just asked becuz i thought u might care if ppl would steal ur idea...
guess so. That's why I'm still a long way to go, but with Cookie's help, I started working on this project more than my World of Naruto ORPG map. All I need to get into Alpha testing is with the spells.
well there's a long way until it would be done...

also who is taking care of the save load code?
i don't mind doing it but im gonna need to research it a bit and learn how it works cuz im not totally understand how it works

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
well when u get some1 who is good at jass (im just a begginer i don't wanna screw stuff :p) all i need is to add to it a condition which detects the lenght of the Entered string so it will move to the next row i can change the size of window but i don't think i can make this condition....

Hmm...I have no idea of JASS triggering but do what you can.

i just asked becuz i thought u might care if ppl would steal ur idea...

Who cares if they do, it will help them in the furture won't it :)? Mapping takes a long time to do, you need to learn to create maps, how to use triggers, and all of that. It tooks me 3 years to truely understand how to create a basic map, until that time came, I could only modify maps that Blizzard made.

well there's a long way until it would be done...

also who is taking care of the save load code?
i don't mind doing it but im gonna need to research it a bit and learn how it works cuz im not totally understand how it works

Ehh...I don't know which Save and Load code method I should use, I might use Vexorian's Codemaker Engine which generates a Save and Load code.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
It tooks me 3 years to truely understand how to create a basic map, until that time came, I could only modify maps that Blizzard made.
it didn't took me that much....
if i will calculate all my time using WE i think it took me 1 year totally, mostly i was just self learning but since i got to this forum it was like doing a whole school about it i learned tons in like less than 2 month :D.
Ehh...I don't know which Save and Load code method I should use, I might use Vexorian's Codemaker Engine which generates a Save and Load code.
well using some1 made save load code won't be usefull unless we could trigger it using it for our needs (what we want to save and how)

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Ok; I've finished the Gothicson Town area.

I forgot about the Tavern and the Barracks until the last moment, so its a bit clumped. I'm no good at placing buildings.

Not my best work, but...
There's a town square in the middle, just to make it look like a real town.
The barracks is a bit outside of town, but it's connected to the training grounds. I couldn't really connect it to the arena, but I made it look as natural as possible.
The barracks in on a hill, for better observation purposes and such.
I hope I didn't mess up too badly.

Anyway, here's the map:

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, it's good enough, I'll add invulnerable rocks so it separates Gothicson Town and the Training Grounds like an Earthquake happened.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Sorry for the messiness.

I'm open for more terraining if you still need me.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
No, it's not too bad, just needs more town area :p.

Ehh...I'm still working on it a bit, and you can work on the map again. Here's the map now, added rocks, separating the Training Grounds and the town.

Notice that there's a Peasant in the edge of town (The side of it), that's for testing, but I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Epic RPG. Don't remove the peasant, until Alpha testing.

EDIT:

Removed Attachment.

Go to the next few posts for the current attachment.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Heh, the only reason I didn't put too much space in the town is that I didn't know how big the town should be; I thought you were gonna add a LOT of areas.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, now that the town is almost done, we should focus at thre end of the Evergreen Forest, making a new road from it. After the road, mountains should be the end of the road, then stop there, I have a good method of the mountain entrance :).

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Ok, I've finished;

I've had the road wrap around, so it looks a lot more full. I also extended the rocks for part of the town.

The buildings are a bit neater, but still very clumped. Sorry.
The dummy buildings are just placeholders.
If you don't like anything, feel free to alter it. It is your map, after all.

I hope I did it correctly.

I told you I'd get it in by 8:30. ^_^.
Here is the map:

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Thanks Pheonixashes :D! It's okay if the buildings are clumped, they're suppose to be that way ;). +Rep for the terrainers.

System Developers, you guys are next. In a few hours, I'll attach the map, it should be half playable by that time.

EDIT:

Got some of the spells, but it seems that my laptop can't find a Firelord icon o_O. Tommorow I'll get most of the spells done, if anyone else wants to work on, it let me know. If any other user besides the System Developers wants to work on it, then that's okay.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Guys (Or Thanatos_820, at least), I think it would be better if we communicated via email or IMming, that way we could not fill this thread up with posts and not spam our PM folder.

Just a thought.

(BTW, Thanatos, I forgot a lot of stuff ^_^. I was rushed. I'll add it in the next time I get the map.)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay :). Yesterday got this thread another page. Any of you guys have MSN?

(BTW, Thanatos, I forgot a lot of stuff ^_^. I was rushed. I'll add it in the next time I get the map.)

Okay, Doom-Angel is constructing the systems, so a day or two will have to do. I'm going to work on my Naruto map (Or new maps, at least) until then :).

pheonixashes

Reaction score
So much avatar changes Thanatos -_-.

I can get MSN. What's your screenname? (PM me).

Doom_Angel, can you send me the map when you're done?
The maximum time I will spend with it is probably... 30 minutes, depending on how much my computer will work with me or not.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
So much avatar changes Thanatos -_-.

I can get MSN. What's your screenname? (PM me).

Doom_Angel, can you send me the map when you're done?
The maximum time I will spend with it is probably... 30 minutes, depending on how much my computer will work with me or not.

Eh, sorry...I just usually do that, I can't stop changing for some reason :p. And I'll PM you shortly.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Update - Last until future notice. EVERYONE WORKING - DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD!

Just an update, everyone viewing:

We are desperately in need of JASSers (not at the moment, though ready at any given time).

Me and Thanatos_820 have just finished making the model map of the entire area, so you can sort of see what it looks like when it's finished.

It's going to be very big. Basically, we are using the max possible map (480x480). This map is 32x32.

We are currently finished with about 5% of the terrain.
We are currently finished with about .05% of all the creatures, spells, and units.
Not much.

The model map is attached. The key is in the trigger titled "Melee Initialization". It's in the trigger comments.

It's messy. But I did it in about 10 minutes. I'm sorry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.