(10) Plains of War ORPG

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
If your looking for a terrainer I'm interested. I just formatted my computer and i'm installing warcraft3 online patch right now actually, so i don't have any samples quite yet...

PM me if you are interested.

As the phrase goes:

"The more the merrier"

More assissants are always welcome :).

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Well Thantos I think i have most of respawn system I only have one question. [This is directed to doom-angel] How do I keep monsters from spawning in the hills that are blocked off? I mean the terrain is not consitant and I couldnt make a region, any ideas that is my last problem.

S

sh4d0ws

Why not just have a second region that if they spawn in it... it will move them to another random location in the larger region (or even a sub-section of the larger area).

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I guess it's more advanced....or we can make multiple regions in the area where we don't wan't them to spawn, then trigger it to kill all units who enter the region(s).

EDIT:

sh4d0ws, that trigger would work if only our empty areas were squares, so we don't use as much regions.

S

sh4d0ws

Yeah i guess that works two, i just diden't know if you wanted them to keep the same number (timed spawns) or if it was constant to keep the same number of units in the area.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Well that is the problem, I would have to make a lot of regions, because the areas that the units cannot spawn in is not square.

Thantos I just found out about 10 minutes ago that I will not be here from Monday to the 21st, I will be on vacation. I might be able to check the forums from time to time, but I am traveling so intetnet time is limited.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I see, I think Pheonixashes is still working on the map at the moment, but in a few minutes, the map will be sent to sh4d0s, then to Doom-Angel, and if possible, you, Hi_Im_Bob, when you have the time.

And have a great vacation :).

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
btw i dont need the map to work on it, all I do is JASS anyways, which can just be copied into the map w/o a problem ^^

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I see emjlr3, it's a good thing that JASS codes are able to be copied and pasted easily :).

I could use some spells that seem to be only coded in JASS...which are the Curses....such as Life Tap (Makes all targets affected to be drained of life when it has been damaged, healing the attacker) and Lower Resist (Makes all targets affected to have lower resistance, allowing them to take more damage from spells, physical attacks, and magic attacks).

But you don't have to code right now, since we're not in a rush.

emjlr3

Reaction score
i am going to need a good bit more details then that, sry :(

before I could code anything good :)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, I'll show a few of the curses I need that are above GUI's triggering.

Life Tap:
The Necromancer curses all enemy targets within an area of 450. If an allied unit attacks any affected target, they will steal life equal to the damage dealt. Lasts 12 seconds.

Lower Resist:
The Necromancer curses all enemy targets within an area of 400. The affected targets recieve lower resistance, taking 75% more damage from physical, 100% more damage from magic attacks, and 125% more damage from spell attacks. Lasts 10 seconds.

Iron Maiden:
The Necromancer curses all enemy targets within an area of 550. If any affected target damages a unit, they will deal 2 times that damage back to themselves. Lasts for 12 seconds.

emjlr3

Reaction score
LT - depending if there is a buff applied to heroes who are effected, I can make it 1 of 2 ways

LR - unless you have a custom damage system, this cannot be done

IM - same as LT, a buff makes it easier, since I can just detect when units are attacked by someone with the buff

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Okay, I'll show a few of the curses I need that are above GUI's triggering.

Life Tap:
The Necromancer curses all enemy targets within an area of 450. If an allied unit attacks any affected target, they will steal life equal to the damage dealt. Lasts 12 seconds.

Lower Resist:
The Necromancer curses all enemy targets within an area of 400. The affected targets recieve lower resistance, taking 75% more damage from physical, 100% more damage from magic attacks, and 125% more damage from spell attacks. Lasts 10 seconds.

Iron Maiden:
The Necromancer curses all enemy targets within an area of 550. If any affected target damages a unit, they will deal 2 times that damage back to themselves. Lasts for 12 seconds.

Hehe- You've played to much D2^^

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Yes, he has... I think all of his hero classes are based off of Diablo a bit...

Anyway, Thanatos, since you're not on, I thought I'd post here.

Since each hero will have 4 abilities (3 spellbooks and 1 innate ability), what is the Barbarian's Spellbooks?

I was thinking, for the Barbarian's innate ability, we could have like a "Rage Meter," which would increase and decrease depending on the abilities of a spellbook.
For example, the Rage Meter begins by this: Every time the Barbarian takes more than 5% its HP in damage, it gains 2% of its rage meter. Then, as you learn more spells in a learnable spellbook, the ways you can gain rage increases (sort of like Final Fantasy X's Overdrive Gain system), but it stacks.

Then, abilities in the "Rage" spellbook would cost Rage Meter and Mana, but be a bit more powerful than the other abilities.

For Example, here's what a sample lineup would be:
1. Frenzy (Lasts 20 seconds. Barbarian gains +X% attack speed based on his current Rage Meter. Drains all Rage.)

2. Psysic Rage (Every time the Barbarian is healed for 5% or more of its max HP, it gains 2% rage.)

3. Battlethirst Rage (Every time the Barbarian deals more than 2% of the target monsters' HP, he gains 1% rage.)

4. Great Slash (The Barbarian goes up to the target unit and slashes it for {Strength + [Rage x 2]}. Drains 50% Rage.)

5. Meteor Weapon (The Barbarian jumps up, then hurls its weapon down, stunning all units and dealing {Rage x 20 - [1000 - Level]} damage. Drains 70% Rage.)

6. Sprint (For 50 seconds, the Barbarian gains {Rage x 1.5} movement speed. Max Movement Speed is 500.)

7. Chaos Rage (For every 10 seconds the Barbarian is within 300 units of more than 5 enemies, the Barbarian gains 2% Rage.)

8. Intimidating Presence (For every time the Barbarian attacks an enemy, the enemy has a {Rage}% chance to be intimidated, dealing 50% less damage and attacking 20% slower.)

9. Magic Rage (Every time the Barbarian has a spell cast on him, it gains 2% Rage.)

10. Extreme Rage (The Barbarian's damage and attack speed increase as he gains more rage. Passive. Damage increases by {Rage/2}%, and Attack Speed increases by {Rage/4}%.)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
LT - depending if there is a buff applied to heroes who are effected, I can make it 1 of 2 ways

LR - unless you have a custom damage system, this cannot be done

IM - same as LT, a buff makes it easier, since I can just detect when units are attacked by someone with the buff

Damage System...I'm not using that. By what I mean of "Physical", I mean like, all attacks beside the "Magic" and "Spell" attacks. Physical applies to Normal, Piercing, Seige, and Hero attacks.

Hehe- You've played to much D2^^

Well, Plains of War is going to be a bit of Diablo, and I have played it for a while this and last month.

Yes, he has... I think all of his hero classes are based off of Diablo a bit...

Anyway, Thanatos, since you're not on, I thought I'd post here.

Since each hero will have 4 abilities (3 spellbooks and 1 innate ability), what is the Barbarian's Spellbooks?

I was thinking, for the Barbarian's innate ability, we could have like a "Rage Meter," which would increase and decrease depending on the abilities of a spellbook.
For example, the Rage Meter begins by this: Every time the Barbarian takes more than 5% its HP in damage, it gains 2% of its rage meter. Then, as you learn more spells in a learnable spellbook, the ways you can gain rage increases (sort of like Final Fantasy X's Overdrive Gain system), but it stacks.

Then, abilities in the "Rage" spellbook would cost Rage Meter and Mana, but be a bit more powerful than the other abilities.

For Example, here's what a sample lineup would be:
1. Frenzy (Lasts 20 seconds. Barbarian gains +X% attack speed based on his current Rage Meter. Drains all Rage.)

2. Psysic Rage (Every time the Barbarian is healed for 5% or more of its max HP, it gains 2% rage.)

3. Battlethirst Rage (Every time the Barbarian deals more than 2% of the target monsters' HP, he gains 1% rage.)

4. Great Slash (The Barbarian goes up to the target unit and slashes it for {Strength + [Rage x 2]}. Drains 50% Rage.)

5. Meteor Weapon (The Barbarian jumps up, then hurls its weapon down, stunning all units and dealing {Rage x 20 - [1000 - Level]} damage. Drains 70% Rage.)

6. Sprint (For 50 seconds, the Barbarian gains {Rage x 1.5} movement speed. Max Movement Speed is 500.)

7. Chaos Rage (For every 10 seconds the Barbarian is within 300 units of more than 5 enemies, the Barbarian gains 2% Rage.)

8. Intimidating Presence (For every time the Barbarian attacks an enemy, the enemy has a {Rage}% chance to be intimidated, dealing 50% less damage and attacking 20% slower.)

9. Magic Rage (Every time the Barbarian has a spell cast on him, it gains 2% Rage.)

10. Extreme Rage (The Barbarian's damage and attack speed increase as he gains more rage. Passive. Damage increases by {Rage/2}%, and Attack Speed increases by {Rage/4}%.)

Seems okay, but I don't think I can actually make the Rage system...maybe Doom-Angel or Hi_Im_Bob can do it?

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Well, Plains of War is going to be a bit of Diablo, and I have played it for a while this and last month.
not to offened or anything but by the way i see it it's more than a bit if some1 noticed it so quickly and so i have seen a lot u are basing it too much on diablo....
Seems okay, but I don't think I can actually make the Rage system...maybe Doom-Angel or Hi_Im_Bob can do it?
i already discussed it with Phenix and we are gonna change it..... (u should join our discussions...)

emjlr3

Reaction score
u can't discren between attack type/damage type w/o a custom damage system or attack detect system

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Well, I dunno where to find one in that case :(. I've checked several sites, but I can't seem to get my hands on one...

C

Cookie

I'm Back... Finally!!!

Hello everyone... im back from my 'torture-ful' days of not having internet access... trust me... it's harder then you think lol

Im back Thanatos and will get working on terraining straight away for you!!! Just supply me with the map, and off I go lol... unless someone has taken my place... lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.