(10) Plains of War ORPG

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
TomJones if u want u can take my place as a Jass scripter im only a Jass begginer so u should be more helpful with Jass than i am....
i will be ur side helper if u need any......

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Wow, so many JASSers.

Thanatos still hasn't replied to my message, so I don't have any work for you guys yet...

Doom-Angel, when Cookie is done, just implement the item system triggers in the map.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
No, I'm taking over for now.

But I need information from Thanatos, but we can design items, systems, monsters, and terrain, I have all that.

We just need the hero's abilities.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
i have a feeling that Thanatos is about to change this ORPG game Template from Diablo 2 to WOW........

Doom-Angel, when Cookie is done, just implement the item system triggers in the map.
woot? :cofused:
what item system?

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I'm sorry; I meant party system.

Mr. Zero will implement the item system.

Doom-Angel, if Thanatos tries that, I'll put a stop to it.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Okay, I'm back for a few minutes, I'll have to go after this in a few minutes.

Oh...it seems I made an error in the message, but I feel that a full Diablo style map is like playing DotA...so I want a mix of WoW, and Diablo 2, so we don't have to worry too much about heroes and such....but I want the spawn points JUST LIKE in WoW. Yeah, I know that you're both trying to stop me from the conversion of this map, so let's do 50% D2 & 50% WoW a bit, so it's not 99% D2, just to prevent a large project going to the ground, consealed to be the worst ORPG....which I don't want, and then the barrage of qustions and concerns about why it has to be a Diablo style ORPG. That's it for now, I'm going to get on WoW for the Arathi Battlegrounds with Bigjaw & Excalibar (The Horde) when I get home...sorry for being such a uber WoW addict.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
well i prefer 50% of the map both WoW and D2 than 100% both of them....

C

Cael

death WoW?

i have a system, where you have a unit, sort of like in zelda, that stupid fairy thing you have. Now, this unit will be ordered to follow the variable assigned unit(player #'s hero). so where ever he goes the 'little orb unit' will follow close behind. When he dies the orb stay in place, since there is no unit for the orb to follow, the region selects the orb and picks up where the unit had died, according to the placement of the 'orb thing'. make a 'ghost character' at a GY in the region, the ghost will have to run to the position of the 'orb thing' which would be where you would have a corpse. this is the way most of my maps work.... except i just have it so the res is at the GY instead of having to run to the corpse. there is probably an easier way to do this, but if you were having trouble thinking of a way to do that. (it will add some WoW concept like you wanted)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
How about we combine WoW, D2, and Custom Spells?
It shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, Cael, the system is good, except the map is really large. It would take about an hour to walk from one to another end of the map. Literally.

So Thanatos, you want me to get abilties or will you get them?

Oh, and to all people who want to join in on the map or joined in, make sure you have WE Unlimited, it's a bit big for regular WE...

C

Cael

yeah uhh

where do i d/l WE unlimited? and the system obviously wouldnt have one death region it would have multiple regions and multiple GY to res at/ghost spawn at.

C

Cookie

To the Plains of War Crew,

I have only been able to do a little bit of work as of late, due a certain family matter going on in my life at the moment... Im sorry, but i don't think i will be able to continue my work on this map for a while, and will probably take a break off wc3 for a while... When and if i come back, if this project is out there still bein worked on, or is a lost cause, i will revive it and finish it off for you guys... thanks for all ure help as of late... I hope this project goes well into the future, and here is my last update of the terrain of the map. thanks:eek:

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Ok then, sorry to hear that...

We await your swift return. In the meanwhile, either Doom-Angel/hi-im-bob will work on their respective systems.

B

Bwack_Wat

Trigger Happy

Not being an active poster myself, and being busy with school i have only been able to monitor the forums and think about stuff. I have been freeing time up lately for WC3 and spring break is THIS week.:D

I know triggers. Playing this game for years now i would love to help out with this. I can do anything you want, but im most efficient with triggers. You guys need any help at all;:cool:

E-Mail: [email protected]

AIM: ShortyKid598

I have no proof:banghead: , but pop me a recent version of the map and give me somethin to add.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Hmm... ok, since Doom-Angel nor hi-im-bob has either of their system's done, could you take a look at their systems, and if you can, finish them?

Meanwhile, spell-makers, here's a couple of spells for you to work on. If you're working on the map, post, and who ever posts first works on the map.

Here are the spells:
Again, some are based off of WoW, and I'm implementing custom ones and ones from Diablo.

(These should go in the "Active Skills" Spellbook, whoever gets it first, make that spellbook for the Barbarian, along with "Battle Mastery" and "War Cries").

War Shock: The Barbarian slams the ground, dealing 2 x (Strength) damage and knocking them back 50 units opposite the direction they stand. Costs 30 mana.

Sunder Armor: The Barbarian breaks the target's armor, lowering the enemy's armor by 1/8 x (Strength). Lasts 60 seconds. Costs 42 mana.

Rend (Easy): The Barbarian goes up the the target and rends the target's flesh, causing it to take 1.5 x (Strength) damage, and bleed for the next 8 seconds, dealing .5 x (Strength) damage per second. Costs 56 mana.

Beserk Strike: The Barbarian strikes the target opponent, dealing 4 x (Strength) his normal damage, but then takes 150% damage for the next 10 seconds. Costs 170 mana.

Leap: The Barbarian leaps towards the target area, then strikes down so hard that all enemies are knocked back 50 units, and take 3 x (Strength) damage. Costs 250 mana.

Stun: The Barbarian stuns the enemy for 5 seconds and deals 5 x (Strength) to the enemy. Costs 250 mana.

Whirlwind (Easy): The Barbarian swirls around with his weapons, dealing 2 x (Strength) damage per second for 5 seconds to all units around him. Costs 420 mana.

Rippling Strike: The Barbarian launches a shockwave in a line, dealing 4 x (Strength) damage to all units in a line of 550, and slowing their attack speed by 40%. Costs 530 mana.

Hammer Blow: The Barbarian strikes the target unit with his hammer, dealing 6 x (Strength) damage and reducing the target's damage and armor by half. Costs 580 mana.

Uppercut: The Barbarian strikes upward with his axe, lifting the target up, dealing 5 x (Strength) damage. When the target lands, it will be stunned for the next 6 seconds. Costs 640 mana.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
pheonixashes, I have not really finished my spawn systems, so anyone that wants to can look at that. Sorry that I have been out of contact, I have had a lot of school work, and have been getting back into DnD. (looking through the books their are some good spells, items, etc.)

a j j bones

Reaction score
making the map size 480x480 doesnt work in b.net, even using WEU the biggest you can make it is really long and skinny which is kinda of pointless, and no one wants to walk across that big of a map anyways :D

ive tried it and it works on world editor but it will have problems later on. also takes up a huge amount of memory covering that space

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
i've noticed taht the limitations of battle.net really limit GOOD map makers. I bet if there were no limits ( or atleast not so small limits ) there would be really good maps, better than the one's there are right now ( i shall not point fingers :p )

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Hmm... are you sure about that?

I'm gonna be out for the next 3 days, but I'll still be able to send updates and such, though I'll be on quite a bit less.

But could someone just test it on BNet just in case?

If it doesn't work, we're screwed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.