(10) Plains of War ORPG

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Thanatos, you don't have to imitate Diablo abilities 100% ^_^.
Try some different abilities.

BTW, Cookie, Mr. Zero is supposed to have the map, but he hasn't been on in the past week, so if you want it, get on MSN and I'll send it to you.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
offtopic...
@Thanatos: where is the Bship extreme map? As you don't answer in the bship xtreme forum, I post it here - Demon needs it
greets Serra

*and no he doesn't copy them 100% - just 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
Can you plz post some new screenshots or just relink the old screenies?

Btw, if you need more testers I d like to spend my time and give constructive criticism. Looks really nice, Happy Mappin

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Hmm...
Thanatos won't be on as much he got Burning Crusade >_<.
And since Mr. Zero hasn't replied, I'm giving it to Cookie.

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Sorry real life troubles :eek:...

Anyway I corrupted the map. Seems that I need WEU for making regions :nuts:...
My WE just crash, while saveing, when I add regions, until the map was corrupted..

So ehh I hope you got a backup :eek:.
Back online :)

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Don't worry, we have a backup map.
I'll send it to cookie.

Here is the map:

C

Cookie

kk, will get to work on it in a couple of days... (im busy over the next couple sorry :( )

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Sorry for being quite inactive the past few days, I've been overwhelmed by WoW TBC last week, that I forget about Warcraft 3 and enjoy WoW, but yet it's quite satisfying.

Well anyways (Aside from my inactive status), I'll drop in a few days WHEN I stop playing for a while, so then I can work on the map and not see it get completed without me.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
I'm a little tired of my own project at the moment, so if your still in the need of jass scripters I'll be happy to help.
PM if your interrested.

C

Cael

i am interested in aiding you in building you map, i myself build RPGs and feel as tho i could be a great asset to the team. My best work would be terrain.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we have enough terrainers... however, open the map, and find the areas where there is terrain layout but no doodads.

Choose one of the areas, and terrain it up.

I'll decide how you do based on how you meet my requirements and the restraints you use.

1. No importing terrain or doodads. It's already very big.
2. Doodads: try to keep it under 1k.

Now, the area description:

Northern Area: Elven Town. Make it secluded in the forest. I suggest you use the imported tree, just resize them once you're done. Make it sort of bright, and magical.

Southern Area: Overgrown Forest Grotto. Make it seemingly overrun, but don't obstruct the player's path too much. Trees should again be the already imported ones. Make it dark.

C

Cael

yeah uhh

yeah i would really like to help, but the terrain is most definatly not my style. Its a differnt look compared to what i am used to if you want to see an example of a basic map i made up in a couple days, it is all mostly terrain and some basic triggers and object data. It will give you an idea of what my terraining is like? just tell me how to attach a map... i am new to this site.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
When you post a reply, go down to ADDITIONAL OPTIONS.

There, click MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS.

Then, browse for the map you want to attach (must be under 500kb for newer members), and the click UPLOAD.

Then, it should appear on the post when you post it.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Your terrain style is fairly good...

Though you could use room for improvement.

Notably:
Lack of Raise/Lower techniques.
Lack of Doodads.
Awkward spacing of terrain.
Lack of Weather, unless you do that in triggers.

But other than that, you can terrain fairly well.
Can you send me a smaller sample map, so I can judge your skill based on your time spent? Made from scratch, preferrably, and 32x32 or 64x64.

Choose either Cold Mountain, Shore, or Dense Jungle, those are the ones I might need most.

I understand if you don't want to, it's just a request. That way, I can call you in whenever we need you.

---
Anyway, Tom Jones, I'll have some assignments up for you later, I'm emailing Thanatos on what abilities he needs done. Other than that, I'm not sure what else we need for JASS... unless you can do GUI, or stuff with the Object Editor.

C

Cael

alright ..

i will have a map made up asap. probably get it by tomorow if not today. whats important is that the map i sent u is clearly unfisnished, the weather will come periodically due to triggers... spaced terrain> is for creeps to wander... think WoW... lol

C

Cael

heres the map

k well this is a shoreline > sunken ruins... didnt really know what kind of shoreline u were looking for..

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
I'm always looking for something to divert me from my own maps. PM me with a quick job for me and I can get it done in 1-2 days, or if you want help on a project I can collaborate on that, too, though I wouldn't expect full-time work from me. (I'm a JASS scripter.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.