3 images of bounce using SFML

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Ok so after some experimenting with SFML i managed to display a small white square (pixel?) that bounces around the screen.

I'm trying to make a program that displays an png image in place of the square and there are three of these images on the screen that start at the center and bounces around the screen (just at the window borders not at each other yet) but I can't even seem to make at least one because this error keeps popping up.

1>c:\users\toshiba\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\plate4\plate4\main.cpp(160): error C3861: 'processEvents': identifier not found

I've checked the other cpp files and it appears that "Main.cpp" is the only one that has this error. Is this a Header file error? If so How do I fix it? Also how do I make 2 more instances of the square and to map textures to them?

"Download it here"

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
My compiler can see 'processEvents' ._.
But I haven't tried to compile it because I don't have the SFML 1.6 libraries =/

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
My compiler can see it too.
But looking at the main.cpp file there is a major problem that might mess up your compilation process:

The entire source code form main.cpp seems to be in there twice! There are two processEvent functions, two main functions, two rounds of include statements

o.0

Then there is the getName() function inside BouncingTile missing. Thats why the RenderWindow creation in main() doesn't compile.

Lastly the compiler will complain about class redifinition of Game. That's because you're not using include guards.
Include guards protect your code from being "accidently included more than once" into your code.
You should put those guards into ALL .h files.
There are two ways to write that:

Code:
#pragma once

<all your code>

or

Code:
#ifndef NAME_OF_THIS_CLASS
#define NAME_OF_THIS_CLASS

<all your code>

#endif

If you do those two things and remove the dublicate things in main.cpp then it compiles well.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Is the getName() function missing in the cpp or .h file? Or are they needed in both?

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Generally you declare the function in the .h file:

Code:
    public std::string getName();

And define it in the .cpp file:

Code:
    public std::string getName(){
         return "whatever you want to return";
    }

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Huh. Guess the problem was it was trying to load 2 different images in bouncing tile.cpp and TextureMap.cpp I just changed it so both cpp files load "1img".png and it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.