4 Range Questions

Max

Reaction score
Hiya to everyone :)

I've been making a Hero-Defense map for a couple of months now and its been really fun :D

Although there are still some things that I still don't know how to fix and I'm wondering if you guys could help me with this 4 questions of mine:

First Question
Legend: O = Circle of Power
X = Hero Tavern

Well my tavern is placed like this =

X====X
=OOOO=
=OOOO=
X====X

Now the problem is the Circle of Powers placed on the left-side can't reach the Hero taverns on the right-side and vice-versa for the Right-side Circle of Power

Second Question
Although my map is a Hero-Defense map, it doesn't share XP between allies wherever they are located, so my question is where can I make it share XP even if the allied heroes are very distant from each other. I want it to make them gain XP even if they are far-away from each other.

Third Question
Where can I increase the range of Shops in order for heroes to not to literally stick with the shops first before they can buy items.

Fourth Question
How can I make enemy units know that the heroes are actually just behind them, it happened last time that its just 500 range away yet still the enemies didn't see the hero.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
For your first and third problems, look at the tavern and shop and see what abilities they have.
They both should have either select unit or select hero or both, to increase the range simply increase the AoE on those 2 abilities.

To give expereince to allied heros that are far away, under Advanced>Gameplay constants, there will be a field which is experience gain range or something to that effect, just set that to a REALLY high number. There is also another field which is like global experience distribution, you might want to set that to true as well.

And for the creep to detect a hero, on the actual unit, you will need to set the field "combat - acquisition range" to a higher number.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
2. go to game play constants > find the hero xp - global sharing...change that to false

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for the fourth question you could increase the units sight radius (the enemies)
if that doesnt work, use a trigger (unit comes within range)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.