A StarCraft-Like Gas Extractor

mikelf

Reaction score
Hi again people!
I want to make a StarCraft-like Gas Extractor.

- I created a worker based on the Acolyte, with Collect gold (Acolyte) ability.
- I created a Haunted Gold Mine named Refinery with Haunted Gold Mine ability.

This works great, the Acolyte can gather in the mine.
Then, when I created a Peasant-based worker with Collect gold (Acolyte) ability, it doesn't want to gather anymore.
Anyone has an idea?

mikelf

Reaction score
It is like the Haunted Gold Mine...
You have to put it on the mine to allow your Acolytes to gather gold.
The exception is that in StarCraft, once the unit got the gas in the Extractor, it has to put it back to a town center, like workers do in WarCraft.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Just change the model of the gold mine to the haunted one, and use the normal gold mine that a Peasant can mine.
It will then still go in, be able to mine, and return to the town center, even though the mine looks like a haunted one.

mikelf

Reaction score
Thanks for this answer.
In my project, what I want to do, is that the peasant HAS to build the Haunted Gold Mine on the mine before being able to collect gold.
You have idea(s)?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Just make the model of the gold mine he builds the haunted hold mine.
Base it off a normal gold mine and just change the model file.

johnnymra

Reaction score
I rethought the whole thing... and i might see another image... i still have to be sure... but i think you actually want something like:

You want a worker to make an "hounted gold mine"-like building over a normal "gold mine" building... and then the worker still to mine the gold like a normal one, not like the acolytes. That is simple... just make the upgraded type of mine (hounted gold mine) to have the normal gold mine ability, and it will work.

If i misunderstood your vision that please correct me.

mikelf

Reaction score
Hi again;
I've tried it and I get this message error code when the Peasant gives the hammer shot on the Haunted Gold Mine to build it.
image.jpg

johnnymra

Reaction score
Interesting... you should post your map, or PM it to someone... so that we may see what you do wrong, because my idea works for sure, i know i tried it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.