Absolute Zero

C

Cryo

Does any know what happens to some thing that reachs absolute zero?:confused:

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Absolute zero is the lowest possible temperature where nothing could be colder, and no heat energy remains in a substance. Absolute zero is the point at which molecules do not move (relative to the rest of the body) more than they are required to by a quantum mechanical effect called zero-point energy.

Wiki Page

C

Cryo

No i mean does any thing noticeable happen to it other then is freezes? (Ex: Does it turn color?)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
When someone makes something reach absolute zero we'll inform you. But someone got to like .45 billionths. When it gets like that, they sometimes get superconductive and can carry electrical currents with no resistance, and things like helium become a liquid that doesn't have friction. I think when we do reach it then it's going to blow up and create a new universe.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I think that reaching absolute zero will not happen any time soon. One must realize that it needs to be contained, and the container would react as well.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
When someone makes something reach absolute zero we'll inform you. But someone got to like .45 billionths. When it gets like that, they sometimes get superconductive and can carry electrical currents with no resistance, and things like helium become a liquid that doesn't have friction. I think when we do reach it then it's going to blow up and create a new universe.

Why would it blow up?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Think again. :p
Space is not absolute zero because stars in space generate heat, and that heat spreads out everywhere. Also, the law of conservation of matter states that matter cannot be created or destroyed, so that will stay there forever unless it gets converted into something.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> The Vacuum of Space is Absolute Zero is it not?
It's very close to it.

Anyway, from what we know now, it is not possible to reach absolute zero.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
> The Vacuum of Space is Absolute Zero is it not?
It's very close to it.

Anyway, from what we know now, it is not possible to reach absolute zero.

Well, if one cannot reach absolute zero then does it even exist. :\

((We should get a pondering smilie))

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's there, because more or less it's possible with the laws of physics, or w/e it is.
But, not possible with the current technology, or possible to contain.

Like when people first invented airplanes. They know it was possible with aerodynamics or w/e they use, to fly, but it took many times to fly, and stay up.

C

Cryo

This brings me to my old theread call "Title it the Title" were my first question was "black ice". if something does go absolute Zero can is take in light or reflect it, in this case water.

Varine

Reaction score
Think again. :p
Space is not absolute zero because stars in space generate heat, and that heat spreads out everywhere. Also, the law of conservation of matter states that matter cannot be created or destroyed, so that will stay there forever unless it gets converted into something.

I never said space was absolute zero, I said that I think that if it's reached, whatever they are making that cold may blow up and cause a second 'Big Bang' and thus create a new universe. I never said it would be a big universe, I just said A universe. And it doesn't matter what the laws say because they can change at a moments notice, which in this case could be when someone makes something reach absolute zero. And regardless of that, stars are in OUR universe. Not the one that's going to be made at absolute zero.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I never said space was absolute zero, I said that I think that if it's reached, whatever they are making that cold may blow up and cause a second 'Big Bang' and thus create a new universe. I never said it would be a big universe, I just said A universe. And it doesn't matter what the laws say because they can change at a moments notice, which in this case could be when someone makes something reach absolute zero. And regardless of that, stars are in OUR universe. Not the one that's going to be made at absolute zero.

How will that create a "Big Bang?" The lose of all heat will cause an object to explode into a "second Big Bang?" Sounds like a science fiction novel.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Sorry varine, I wasn't replying to you on that second part. I was replying to wasted savior. Probably should have made that more clear. :eek:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
We had a report on Absolute Zero...

Absolute Zero - Is 0 Kelvin or −459.67 F

When Absolute Zero is hit all matter exposed to that temperature becomes motionlessto the sub atomic level. Meaning the Atoms, Molecules, Electrons, and Protons. Cease movement completely...

We have came close (1 Kelvin) but motion still exist in that form

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
i found this

[YOUTUBE]28F_oPDZHSk[/YOUTUBE]

seems like gibberish, completly goes agianst what you said

Varine

Reaction score
How will that create a "Big Bang?" The lose of all heat will cause an object to explode into a "second Big Bang?" Sounds like a science fiction novel.

... Yes. Because it gets so cold some of the matter will be become anti-matter, mostly because I said so, which will then fight with the normal matter. In effect it will explode in a mass of cold, and form a new universe, a small one at that, but it will nonetheless disrupt our universe and everything will go downhill from there.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
When you get to absolute zero, Chuck Norris will come out of nowhere and round-house kick you to the face, and tell you not to mess with how cold he said you could get things.

Seriously, nobody really knows for sure what happens at this point, but that's my theory.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
... Yes. Because it gets so cold some of the matter will be become anti-matter, mostly because I said so, which will then fight with the normal matter. In effect it will explode in a mass of cold, and form a new universe, a small one at that, but it will nonetheless disrupt our universe and everything will go downhill from there.

This still makes no sense what-so-ever. Do you have any facts to support your claim, or did this just come out your ass?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.