AI CONTEST #1 | July 3rd - July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I've written a simple code that relies on the mistake of my opponent.
I'm satisfied with my plan. =)

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
i think the judges should have created an ai in the test map for us to test with :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> i think the judges should have created an ai in the test map for us to test with
I think it'd lower the contestants confidence if I made an AI - Nobody would beat it. ;D

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
> i think the judges should have created an ai in the test map for us to test with
I think it'd lower the contestants confidence if I made an AI - Nobody would beat it. ;D

Now somebody is being really 'modest'... After the contest ends you guys (judges) should make an AI and fight with the winner AI :>.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well. Let's just see how mine does ;)

I'll tell you guys a secret:

Mine works on an infinite loop.

Imagine 1 million loops at 0.011 seconds.

But that's a blank run. So yeah. Whatever speeds I'm getting, I have no idea.

EDIT: Nevermind. Made improvements. Now It's much faster.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Can we set regions?
If not, can we set points based on XY's/doodad location/destructable location, etc?
Also, change the corspe spawn! We need it to be before level 6.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
It's a shame a lot of hero abilities become useless.
Next time there should be units that follow the heroes or something?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Can we set regions?
If not, can we set points based on XY's/doodad location/destructable location, etc?

No, the AI must work any map.

Also, change the corspe spawn! We need it to be before level 6.

doesnt carrion beetles use corpses?

Duel Arena map updated:

• Corpses will start to spawn if heroes reach level 6 or "Carrion Beetle" skill is learnt.
  • Graveyards only spawn corpses if the nearby corpse count is less than 6.

Anyway, I think here's the entire list of spells that are useless due the format of this contest:
  • Far Seer's Earthquake - the spell slows, but the caster has to channel making it pointless and there are no buildings to be damaged.
  • Shadow Hunter's Big Bad Voodoo - the aren't any allies to make invulnerable.
  • Death Knight's Death Pact - there aren't any allie undead units to use this on.
  • Lich's Dark Ritual - same reason as Death Knight's.
  • Dark Ranger's Charm - there aren't any creeps to use this on.
  • Dark Ranger's Blak Arrows - there aren't any non-hero enemy units to use this on.
  • Pit Lord's Doom - there aren't any non-hero enemy units to cast this on.

I think 7 unusable spells out of 96 possible spells is not "a lot".

Roughly 7% of the spells are not useable.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Anyway, I think here's the entire list of spells that are useless due the format of this contest:
  • Far Seer's Earthquake - the spell slows, but the caster has to channel making it pointless and there are no buildings to be damaged.
  • Shadow Hunter's Big Bad Voodoo - the aren't any allies to make invulnerable.
  • Death Knight's Death Pact - there aren't any allie undead units to use this on.
  • Lich's Dark Ritual - same reason as Death Knight's.
  • Dark Ranger's Charm - there aren't any creeps to use this on.
  • Dark Ranger's Blak Arrows - there aren't any non-hero enemy units to use this on.
  • Pit Lord's Doom - there aren't any non-hero enemy units to cast this on.
Holy light is nerfed, it could only be used on undead enemys.
Most auras are nerfed since they only can effect one unit, but thats not as big.
Mass teleport is useless.
Most channeling spells like blizzard are nerfed, a single hero can easly dodge blizzard.
Chain lightning and heal are nerfed, they can only hit one target.
Most AOE spells like shockwave and clap are nerfed, not to as much as an extent though. :p
Tranquility and starfall are much worse, more so for starfall. (If you could hide, tranquility would still heal you.)
Tornado fails
Stampede is nerfed (Going to be hard to hit anything)
Cleaving attack is going to be worthless unless he has summons.

There are some exceptions for these, but still you get the idea. You might say nerfs for things like AOE doesn't mean much, but some heros are really nerfed like AM; No ult, channeling AOE spell, a aura, and a spawn. Blademaster fights it and AMs only spell worth much, the summon, has the trouble of attacking images. BM has AOE ult to kill water elementals, too, besides being good in a non-aoe situation too. If AM trys to blizzard he will blizzard himself becuase BM is melee. So the bm is left to crit him to the dirt. Or, if he possibly got hurt, wind walk to fountain.

Btw, question: Are there targets for transmute?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I forgot Transmute, there are no targets for this spell.

8 spells that are totally unusable, the rest are still good and benefitable, despite the nerfs you told.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
8 spells that are totally unusable, the rest are still good and benefitable, despite the nerfs you told.
The point wasn't that they were unusable, becuase yes, they are usable. But nobodys going to pick a support hero in a 1vs1 hero arena, or an AOE hero. It just won't be balanced that way.

Still, it will be a great contest, I'm not really complaining. (I'm not entering anyways :p)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Yeah, I got your point.

We'll try to make this as balanced as possible using this format for melee heroes.

:p

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Isnt it 9 unuseable ulties. The 7 andrew mentioned and transmute + mass teleport

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.