Attack with Buff

YoyoZ

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to make a unit that will cause a frozen nova effect everytime it hits with a frozen effect (e.g. the attacked unit is paused and can't move) I have created a trigger that when (UnitA) attacks, the attacked unit is paused and has a special effect of Frozen Nova on it however, the frozen nova always disappears before the full duration of the pause.

The final solution is this. (CasterA) casts a spell, (UnitA) is created. (UnitA) will attack a certain amount of times and will attack a different unit everytime. The unit which is attacked will become frozen for a certian amount of seconds.

I know the Nova Special effect will stay on if it was a buff from an ability(e.g. storm bolt with Nova as a buff)

I have thought of a few solutions but none of them have workd.

1st, i have tired to make the special effect pause but that can't seem to be done

2nd, I have tired to make the special effect into a unit but when (UnitA) attacks the next unit, it will stuff it up coz i cant control the stop of animation quick enough(using change unit animation to 0%)

3rd, I have tried making (UnitA) cast a spell(storm bolt) with Nova buff attached but first it takes too long to cast as casting is slower than attacking and it has stoped my trigger from working.

Here is a basics of my triggers

Event: Unit cast spell
Condition: Spell = (Spell1)
Action: Create 1 unit called (UnitA)
Action: Order (UnitA) to attack target of casting unit

Event: Unit is attacked
Condition: Attacking Unit = (UnitA)
Action: Create Special Effect on (Target)
Action: Pause (Target) for x secs

nabbig2

Reaction score
Instead of pausing it and creating a special effect, just create a dummy and have it cast it on the Attacked unit.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
This does not need trigger.

Go to Object Editor, find Orb of Lightning and Storm Bolt. Check out the Orb of Lightning ability. You will see a field that allows you to input an ability. Now, in that said field, add in the Storm Bolt.

Orb of Lightning is an item ability. Convert it to a unit ability. Give it to your unit. Try attacking an enemy. See the results. Adjust whatever else (effect, duration etc) you like. Done.

Edit:
After a few thoughts, yeah, just use Bash... :p

Effects can be altered by changing the buff effect to your desired effect, ie the Frost Nova effect.

OogaBooga

Reaction score
I'd recommend using the neutral hero ability frost arrows, and editing the buffs. You have to copy both of the buffs and edit them to get the desired result because abilities with multiple buffs are apparently "Hard Coded" and thus the buffs (and the effects that they produce) can only be altered if all of the buffs are changed.

Fiddle around with that spell, hope it can get you the results you need without complex triggering.

YoyoZ

Reaction score
More help please

Hey guys, me again. It works great except for 1 problem. With Bash, i has a little more attack time then normal attack and when i used my trigger to make my unit attack different units, the trigger changes so fast that it doesn't even get to attack. This is the trigger

E:Unit is attacked
C:Attacking = (UnitA)
A:Set LastTarget = Attacked Unit
Order (UnitA) to attack a random unit in range matching Unit NOT EQUAL to LastTarget.

I tried puting in a wait on it but at 0.01secs, it can stil attack 2 to 3 times and i don't want that, it has to be just once.... Thx in advance guys...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.