Other Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
MPI means its working for multiple players. just what you wanted.

but i do not know what you mean by this:
About the stylish system- this is what i need- make a bar above the unit's text.ANd when it reaches it's peak The messege will chanege and the bar will be empty.WHen the player resieves dmg the bar is emptied a little.That is it.We can add buff bonuses if you reach high levels of the stylish meter.

another suggestion would be to concentrate the gameplay on the spells and to remove the normal attack of the players.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
ok,did you play the map i atached?And if you have have you noticed that after you cast a spell, depending on it's power a meseege above faust's head appears?That is a stylish(taunt) system.It measures your dmg and your way of aplying it.Then it rates you.The better you perform the better the rank is.I want to make the rank animaed(by that i mean with the bar)so it will be moore intence.Or we can do somthing like this-..well to cut a long story shor look at the top right corner.
devil-may-cry-4-1.jpg

devil-may-cry-4-ps3-screenshot-big.jpg

And for the no dmg system I am OK with that but we shloud make a passive that will shoot random fire/ice /lightning/light/dark balls at the nearest enemy.What do you think of that, or do you think that i t will still be better with only active spells?

EDIT: i caunted the spells twith the elements you sugjested and they are moore then 55.So these are gonna be our elements, for the whole map.Tommorow(when i go to school) I will tell you the exact number of spells that we are going to make

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if i understood you right you want a bar which shows the damage you have done to an enemy.
in what relation should the damage be? something like damage dealt to the max hitpoints of the target? or damage dealt to the last damage dealt?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I'll try to make it as cler as possible. ou deal 100 dmg.The meesage is Dope! and the bar is full and after the letter changes it is empty.Then after you deal another 100 dmg to an oponent the meesega chenges to Deadly! and the bar is emptty again.You deal 300 dmg and the message is Deadman walking! And so on. the trick is that if you receave a certan ammount of dmg you fall dolw by one letter.And for the resolution, you can decide.It can be as a hero portrait.I trust you, so your word is final here and if the mages will have an atack or not.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
such as a count how often a player strikes an enemy and get hit himself? nice idea, got to think about it.

but what about the icons now, do you want the icons like "move" or "stop" to be visible or not?
if not we have to use dummy units which are selected by the players.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
such as a count how often a player strikes an enemy and get hit himself? nice idea, got to think about it.

but what about the icons now, do you want the icons like "move" or "stop" to be visible or not?
if not we have to use dummy units which are selected by the players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHX2_uCZaHY

shloud answerr all of your questions better then me.And...what you need to wach is from 1:10 to 1:25.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I completely understand what you're trying to explain, Bloodcount. So if you deal a certain amount of damage, the bar increases and when its full, your rank changes and the bar empties so you can fill it up again to get a higher rank. Am I correct?

Btw, the terrain is coming along great. Still looks plain, but it's just a template for now.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I completely understand what you're trying to explain, Bloodcount. So if you deal a certain amount of damage, the bar increases and when its full, your rank changes and the bar empties so you can fill it up again to get a higher rank. Am I correct?

Btw, the terrain is coming along great. Still looks plain, but it's just a template for now.

YES!!!!!You undersatand me!Exacly!And ok, do not rush your self

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
The terrain will be finished in about 20 hours. No, I won't be making the map for 20 hours ... I have school and homework and our different Time Zones affect the times we are online. :) Don't worry, I won't rush myself.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The terrain will be finished in about 20 hours. No, I won't be making the map for 20 hours ... I have school and homework and our different Time Zones affect the times we are online. :) Don't worry, I won't rush myself.

Wait if you are talkinh about the time zone stuff..where do you live again?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
That won't matter much. :D I've finished the terrain. It's pretty plain and messy but it'll be alright for now. Once we're through with most of the triggers and main idea of the map, it'll look completely different.

Attachments

• Bash of the Wizards.w3x
    42.3 KB · Views: 193

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
That won't matter much. :D I've finished the terrain. It's pretty plain and messy but it'll be alright for now. Once we're through with most of the triggers and main idea of the map, it'll look completely different.

love how you've made the arrena.

EDIT: To Accname- dude.This is wha twe must acheave- all of the systems on the map you posted earlier +the stylish system + the modes + the spellcasting sysstem +56 spells(the 6 elemnts make so much combinations)+ the tower hearth and the helpers.Let us get started.You said that you are going to make the systems on youtr campaing for multiplayer.When you do it import them to the terrein.

To Jolly and Accname- we shlud decide the hp's of our Wizzard, so that we can make the helpers and spells based on the hp.I say that he shloud start with 700 and till his last level he shloud be 1200 without any tomes of hp used.Also, i think that the tower hearts abbillities shlud be Hp regen aura, armor aura, and mana regen aura.The towerheart won't have any atacks.And that is all for the towerheart.For the helpers i say that some of them shloud be like Dragon, other like Knights.The "animals" will be moore powerfull then the humans but won't have passives as good as the humanoid ones.After we duscuss the hps, I will make the first few helpers.And i think that that is all for now, please tell me what you think of the wizzards hp shloud be(i am pretty insure about that)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Well, I guess it should start around 600. But that will depend on the other Mages' statuses and abilities.

As for the terrain, I'm sorry the main arena is still so plain. :p I'll edit it once you get the main systems done and all the important things.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
we can start wherever we want but i would prefer some numbers like 100 - 1000 - 10000. its jsut easier.

however, the camera system is ready to use, the camera hight is adjusted to the players hero, mouse wheel scrolling and arrow keys can be used to customize the camera.
i dunno how many players you would like to have, i just made it for 12 right now but you can easily change it.

for the next systems i would need some more details.
-do you want the player to select the actual hero or a dummy unit to have all 12 button places for spells?
-do you want the players to be able to select the enemy hereos? (like in my demo map, the units were unselectable)
-do you want a normal attack?
-for the spells: i would need some examples on how the spells should look like to create some systems.
-many more minor details on what you want the interface to be like, the minions, etc etc. give me as much as possible.
-do you want the camera to change its angel when an enemy is close to the hero?

greets accname.

@Jolly-chap: beware using the standart blizzard cliffs, might malfunction with the camera setting.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
we can start wherever we want but i would prefer some numbers like 100 - 1000 - 10000. its jsut easier.

however, the camera system is ready to use, the camera hight is adjusted to the players hero, mouse wheel scrolling and arrow keys can be used to customize the camera.
i dunno how many players you would like to have, i just made it for 12 right now but you can easily change it.

for the next systems i would need some more details.
-do you want the player to select the actual hero or a dummy unit to have all 12 button places for spells?
-do you want the players to be able to select the enemy hereos? (like in my demo map, the units were unselectable)
-do you want a normal attack?
-for the spells: i would need some examples on how the spells should look like to create some systems.
-many more minor details on what you want the interface to be like, the minions, etc etc. give me as much as possible.
-do you want the camera to change its angel when an enemy is close to the hero?

greets accname.

@Jolly-chap: beware using the standart blizzard cliffs, might malfunction with the camera setting.

Hm, no need to be selectable if there is a helth bar.
12players they will be.
you said that it wloudn't fit much so no.We wil have spells at verry low mana cost, also the regen will be decent.
and i think that it will be nice, however if you think that if there are 4 heroes close to eachother the camera will be annoying then no.
-I bet my ass that the map will be plyaed, because it will have original, neverbefore dunn stuff and there will be team action wich won't be hard and a low of cool modes.
-and now for the details, spells and helpers.example of spell casting- a player tupes -fff. his mana is depleated by 40 points.Then a fire ball strickes his closest enemy. FFF stands for Fire,Fire,Fire.Now the helpers stuff.Like in your map, they follow the hero.The hero can give them some commands.But mostly they are so that the battles are not goiig to be only by spells.Most of them have passives.A frew of them however have active spells like healing.And the player can order them when to use their ability.The helpers are from dragons, trolls, ogres, crusaders, sorceress and so on. For the little details.The complete spell list of our map will have 56 spells.Each player will have exatly the same hero.(l;ike in archer wars, archary tactics)The mages won't have any spells(the buttons are opened)You can buy books to modify your' hero's stats.Read the list of modes.Each mode is verry important and will give a HUGE difference in the game play.The items won't play a big roole.(there will be a few, but original items) I want to make a competitive element for evrybody.I mean if the mode is 6vs6 i want there to be somthing that will make eaven the winning team compeate a bit moore(perhaps a stylish point system that will give you some points for each time you have gotten a rank better then Brutal! for example(btw the stylish system is the thing that i haven't been able to acheave in the editor so I really hope you can forge somthing))And.. i think that that is for now.If you need some moore info tell me.Last thing- 1200 hp base for the mages. THe basic missle spell shloud do about 70-10 dmg, so that the battles aren't bread but intence

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the Blizzard cliffs. But it is supposed to be the duel arena, so i guess you could adjust a camera mode just for the duel itself. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well no. the current camera system is good enuf and can be changed by the player himself.And...the systems that we need is the stylish and the modes(also an example of a spell that targets the nearest enemy unit, like cast fire bolt on nearest enemy unit)Then we shlloud do the spells.Befere I make the helpers, Accname how will it be easeier for you- to make them and add them in a mercenewry camp or to put them somewhere in the map?

EDIT: Accname, do you think you can make the stylish system?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure, i ll do my best but remember the more floating texts there are the more lagg there will be. each floating text has got to be moved periodically for all 12 players.
however, i added health bars above the heads of hereos and am working on the first spells right now.
one question, should i add a mana bar or a real value which shows your current mana?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
no need to put it into a bar.I have a system that is a undeveloped stylish system.Do you want to see it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.