Other Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
dolnload the map on comment 12 and see the triggers under the folder stylish.The only thing missing there is the actual bar that shows how much you need to the next level.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Perhaps we can change the name "stylish"? It doesn't fit with the map. How about something with the word "magic" or "spell"?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well I made the helpers.They are 3 classes so far- pets(basicly animals, nothing special about them no triggers needed exept the command ones) Supports(Archer, healer, well, nothing special so far) Tanks(hm...warrior class Advanced(we need some triggers here, well they are "cast your spell on the blood mage" type.That is all from me.

EDIT: I solved the stylish trigger problem.Now it works exactly how I imagined it will

EDIT II: I have re-made the mode section.You can see the changes in my first post.

EDIT III: Why don't we give the mages souls.These artifacts are not purchesable or droppable.You must earn them.THey are like stones of mana- the have a passive ability you can use them and you can stack a lot of them in one inventory space.There are 2 types of souls- Proud Souls and Devil Souls.The proud souls are earned when you Duel enemies(not start to fght some one who has 300hp left), when you, take a lot of dmg and don't die.They give you a little armor bonus and when you use them they taunt the enemies.Devil souls- extly the oposite- to earn them you must deal visious ammounts of dmg witout beeng killed and to fight a lot of enemies at once.THey give you a slight hp regen and when you use them they make the enemies run from you.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Change Proud Souls and Devil Souls to something like Mage Souls or Arcane Souls. It sounds more Wizard-Like. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Ok.We also must decide the stylish levels.I mean the ones so far are these:

Dull! Dope! Deadly! Deadman Walking! Cool! Come on! Crazy! Carnige! Bravo! Bilngo! Blast! Brutal! Are you ready? Awsome! Alright! Atomic! Stylish! Show time! Sweet! Smokin'! Smokin' Style! Smokin' Sick Style!

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Hmm ... well, if the theme is mages and forests, don't you think that the terms above are too, er, modern? And I don't think we need that many. It will get more confusing.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm ... well, if the theme is mages and forests, don't you think that the terms above are too, er, modern? And I don't think we need that many. It will get more confusing.

Yeah I am conserned that they won't fit....However I shall explain why the theme is Mages and forests.In mythology there are 2 parts of the world.The known and unknown.Baisicly the known is the village where people live and work.The Unknow(forests) is where the muthical beings live.Where faifires dragons, wiches, wizzards, mages hydras ands so on live.So baisicly what i need for the terrein is a magical yet evil forest.Also the stylish Rank will be devided into 3 special types.My Idea is to create an almost unreachable and uncountable stylish levels.And yeah we do have to change the namefrom stylish to somthing else.Ideas?

EDIT I: added a system that shows the name of the spell when you cast it.It works for all of the spells, units and players.

EDIT II: shlud we add a chat over unit system?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Chat? No, not yet. Let's develop more on the map first and getting the foundations set before installing, er, unneeded things.

But I'm confused what name the "style" system should be. Umm ... Arcana System? Synergy? Or just plain old Energy ...

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Well, if the map is supposed to be chaotic and full of mayhem then maybe. I'll let you decide, maybe with Accname.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The map, with the new stuff!

Jolly, the meter is not to fit the theme as much as to make the dmg dealing a bit moore intence and to stimulate you to try and gete to the higher ranks.And...Let's wait for Accname to say what he thinks :thup:

EDIT: Shloud we add diffrent types of mage classes?Like if you type "trickster" you will get 6 spells.Each one of them will be from this theme.If you type""Blaze Dancer" you will get 6 fire spells and so on.What do you think? ANd there won't be any chat over units- there will be too many messages over the units head

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe we could add a shop that allows players to "buy" their own spells? This will allow greater customization and personal touches to your Mage.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
What do you mean by buy? Like for one use or like items?Also, i have thought up of a way to add atack to units AND keep it the "random" way.They will buy staffs.Each staff will have phoenix fire and different dmg ammount cooldown and so on, so that the mages can still have some kind of a normal atack.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Um, I meant that you can buy spells from a store, then that spell you bought will be added to you. To level up the spell, you need to buy the same thing from the store. You will have a maximum of ... 5 spells? 4 spells? Dunnoe.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm...perhaps we shall add them as items that can be leveled up.The normal slots are reserved for the spells through the chat.Speaking of items what kinds of itms shloud we add.We have septers and spells sofar.Potions no doubt and books that increase your mana or hp.And...we have the mage and wizzard souls.And what else is there?Armours?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Mages wearing armour? Well ... maybe cloaks and robes and capes and stuff like that. Coats, tunics, simple shirts, but not heavy armor.

And what kind of models are we using for the Mages?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Mages wearing armour? Well ... maybe cloaks and robes and capes and stuff like that. Coats, tunics, simple shirts, but not heavy armor.

And what kind of models are we using for the Mages?

Blood Mage, and i was talking about magick resistant robe or somthing

EDIT: Jolly, wanted to ask you- are you going to need to import any custom models or somthing in order to get the Magical-evil-forest look of the map?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
We should add different models. Basically, they're all the same except for different models. How does that sound?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
We should add different models. Basically, they're all the same except for different models. How does that sound?

Pretty cool.HM..how about this- each hero starts like a blood mage and he has items.The items have the ability chaos and the player will change into a somthing else if he doesn't like it.I sugjest that we add the archmage and sorceress nodels.Any other sugjestions?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Models: Jaina, Necromancer ( if you want other races except humans), Naga Siren, priest.

And maybe you could interesting class combinations such as warrior-mage, thief-mage. :D I guess we could use the Chaos Ability you mentioned to change each Hero to that specific class depending on their abilities/items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.