Other Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I have finished my last project.And this idea came to me.I have only the idea, no terrein or somthing and i will probably start it after I make a few decs for a card game....Anyway I present to you Project

Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

The core of the map- 500 Years after Faust Bloodmoore, THe Witcher, was killed magic energies are evrywhere.Wizzards battle each other for power.
Now for the Core of the gameplay- YOu forge the spells you use using various elements and the chat.Each wizzard has his own tower and tower hearth.And Each game mode will be complettly(and i do mean completlly) different

Well some Advanced game-play and system info: You will have third person camera but NOT arrow key moovement(together they sound cool but are crappy)You will have a stylish and a taunt system(finally figyred how to make them)Well usally you can buy helpers- units from you who you can'not control directly only give comands on where and who to atack and which spells to use.Your tower is not a building like a moon well.You can go in it.You can build up it's defences.The tower hearth will have some functions(like teleportation)There will be some bosses and some events.Also I will try to make a randomizer for the terrain.

And now the game modes so far- Deathmach- you must acheave an ammount of kills to win.
Arena Deathmach- you are locked in an arena.All of the action is in there
Last Tower standing- Be the only mage with a towar and win.

The tower hearth- you have no tower hearths.They will spawn at the centre of the map.The first one to acheve XX hearths wins.
All in One- you play all of the game modes (the ones up) but for a verry short win conditions(example- deathmach- 15 kills)The player with most winns in modes wins.
Assasination- Like deathmach but in order to get a point from killing you must kill the player without having less then 400hp after the battle.
Each of these modes will have a mul-tiplayer version.

And secondary modes:
Teams of 2;3;4;6
Faust Bloodmoore- The Witcher- all of the heroes are really strong.
No helpers
No bosses
Crazy creeps- (creeps will aocasionally atack your base)

The team is ready and working on the map!

You can leave comments/ideas/and evrything else here.

Yours, Bloodcount

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if i got the time i could help you. i am a decent terrainer and a pretty good GUI triggerer.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
if i got the time i could help you. i am a decent terrainer and a pretty good GUI triggerer.

Ok, you are the triggeer.I can say that your skills are gonna be moore then enuf.I am glad that we are gonna do this together.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
for the camera/movement/companion system you could have a look at this map i made once. it was a test for a campaign based RPG but i could rework it for multiplayer though.

also i think we will need someone to correct the grammar mistakes+typos in your first post :D

Edit: for the map, there are plenty commands for your companion. -go (orders your companion to search enemys by himself and to attack) -hold position (orders your minion to stay still and not to attack any enemy anymore) -follow me (orders your minion to follow you without attacking any enemy) -help me (orders your minion to follow you and to attack enemys which attack you) -stay back (orders your companion to run around you. if you get stuck etc.) -do your best (orders your companion to follow you, to attack nearby enemys, to attack enemys which are attacked by you and to attack enemys which are attacking you.)

additionally your companion is always attacking the enemy who is damaged most. i could easily add triggers to order him to cast spells/use items/etc if you want.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I could make a terrain for you. But I need a rough sketch to base the terrain on and what kind of tiles/doodads you want. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
WEll, this is our teem then.Jolly the theme is mages and magical woods.Make a few places but keep in mind that we are going to try and make a randomizer for the terrein so don't put in days of work. Accname, I will start the work on the map as soon as the terrein is ready M is the Main arena and Z is the arena for the Arena Deathmach mode.

Code:
MMMMMMMMM
M               M
M               MZZZZZZ
M               MZ       Z
M                MZ       Z
MMMMMMM MZZZZZZ

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Alright. I need some more info though.

- How big do you want the map to be? As in, playable map size.
- What tileset do you prefer? Do you want me to mix Ashenvale/Dalaran etc.?
- Custom doodads/models?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... 96x96 i guess.That way there will awlays be action and there will be enugh place for all of the 12-players towers.Accname, you are encharge of maiking the game modes as well as helping out with the spells and elements.Jolly you are our head for terrening and maiking evrything pretty, you 2 will help out with ideas.For now we have 3 elements- life frost and time.I have used them inn my campaing so we shloud change some(most) of the spells.In case you don't know what the spell system will be, here is an example-
you type -fff (frost, frost frost) in chat and an item containing the spell is equiped in your invnentory.Since the items have no hotkeys we shloud also make a nuberfor each element.Like if frost is one then the code for frost nova is -111 not -fff.If you have any questions- ask away!

And a mix from dalaran and ashenvale it is:thup::thup::thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how many buttons has the main hero got? we could make shortkeys at our own using channel abilitys if there is enough space.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Ok, I'll get started right away then. I might be done most of it in a few hours but I won't promise a very pretty terrain ... yet. :D:D:D I'll have to check it from time to time and update when necessary.

EDIT: Where should i put the areas for the towers? Scattered outside the Main Arena or attached to it so you have easy access inside the Arena?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well Accname, I will send you a map containing the spell and the stylish system.I was going to make a campain(well I made it) but my girlfriend deleated most of the maps.So...This map that I am going to send you has 3 systems- the taunt(stylish system) the third person camera syste, and the spell system.I will PM it to you.And...please see if you undertand the taiunt system.I have an idea that i garantee that it will make the battle system brutal but it will be hard.Anyway.I will pm you the map.

Nevermind.Here is the map

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
WoW I tested the systems you made- FANTASTIC! You are pure gold ,man!!!!Keep it up!Well I am really glad that we teamed up!I am pretty sure that when the three of us finish this map, it is going to be really cool.And perhaps a dude that is good in english will be verry helpfull.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
:D I can't stand spelling mistakes and bad grammar. I just can't help it. If you need me to, I can also help going around the tooltips and such after you've made most of the map. ;)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
alright, dude.and... how are you with fotoshop?I mean can you make a loading screen or somthing?

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Photoshop ? Well ... I can edit pictures to some extent but I still have trouble making pictures from scratch. Don't trust me with the 2D Art, Bloodcount. :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well ok, when are we gonna start this project? do you still need ideas or is everything done exept the map itself?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well, our work has not yet begun.As we speak Jolly is maiking the terrein.And what i need is ideas for elements that we can combine(did you check the map) Baisicly there are gonna be 3 pillars wich we must build I- main battle system(the elements and all of their combinations) II- all of the systems maiking the game play of the map cool(well baisicly all of the systems from the map you aached + the taunt(stylish system) and the helpers and AI if it is possible to be made) ands III the game modes.

things that i haven't though up yet- THe elements and spells themself.What the helpers are gonna be like(like a lot but weak or a few but strong) Possibly a few game modes.And ofcourse the functions of the tower hearth.First we shloud make the spells, and the systems (that is pillars I and II) and leave the modes and tower stuff to be last.Baisicly for part II to be made your systems must be made for multiplayer, and we must make a few changes to the stylish system.AI won't be made atleast till the map is in BETA version.And for part I to be made we are going to need some ideas and time.

And if anyone doesn't like somthing that i have said, has sugjestions, or wants to compleatly change somthing- tell me.We are maiking this map as eaqualls.And one last thing- Accname, do you think that you can edit(or make somthing simular) to the taunt(stylish) system?

EDIT: what do you think will be better to create a fully playeble map and then upload it (wich is my opinion) or shloud we start uploading from the BETA versions(meaning that it won't be that balanced and there will be some bugs, but we will present our project faster)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hah i made about 3 different of them already. i wanted to add such a system to my map anyways but i had a question about GetLocalPlayer+move floating text. as far as i read the replies to my question it will work to move the text for each player individualy for the best possible look.
i ll make all the systems into a test map for you, MPI of course.

-for the pets i would suggest only few but strong because of lagg. the AI system i am using is very complex and may cause laggs if there are more then 20 of them.

-for spells, of course there are the basics as Fire/Lightning/Frost/Earth/Light/Dark. however i would suggest to not use many unit/point target spells for best control while fighting. (the camera is moving with your chara thats why aiming could be kinda hard)

-also i wouldnt recommend the item systems but adding dummy skills with shortkeys to the hero. For example: Player 1 Red sents chat message "-Fireball" (these chat messages will be hidden and not seen by your enemys) your hero will get a button with fireball and shortkey Q or something and when he uses this skill he will shot a fireball in a straight line towards his enemys. or maybe summon dummy fireballs which are aiming the next enemys by theirselfs.

@your edit: well i think first of all we gonna create a beta and then we are thinking about that.

Edit: Some questions about the systems. do you want the gameplay to be like in my uploaded test map? where you havent got any buttons like "move" "patrol" "stop" etc but are moving with rightclicks?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
hah i made about 3 different of them already. i wanted to add such a system to my map anyways but i had a question about GetLocalPlayer+move floating text. as far as i read the replies to my question it will work to move the text for each player individualy for the best possible look.
i ll make all the systems into a test map for you, MPI of course.

-for the pets i would suggest only few but strong because of lagg. the AI system i am using is very complex and may cause laggs if there are more then 20 of them.

-for spells, of course there are the basics as Fire/Lightning/Frost/Earth/Light/Dark. however i would suggest to not use many unit/point target spells for best control while fighting. (the camera is moving with your chara thats why aiming could be kinda hard)

-also i wouldnt recommend the item systems but adding dummy skills with shortkeys to the hero. For example: Player 1 Red sents chat message "-Fireball" (these chat messages will be hidden and not seen by your enemys) your hero will get a button with fireball and shortkey Q or something and when he uses this skill he will shot a fireball in a straight line towards his enemys. or maybe summon dummy fireballs which are aiming the next enemys by theirselfs.

@your edit: well i think first of all we gonna create a beta and then we are thinking about that.

I do not know what MPI is.Second ok, but they won't be pets.Like you hire a sorceress or sothing.3 If you know how to make the spells cast to the nearest enemy or shoot straight in a line that is what we will do.About the stylish system- this is what i need- make a bar above the unit's text.ANd when it reaches it's peak The messege will chanege and the bar will be empty.WHen the player resieves dmg the bar is emptied a little.That is it.We can add buff bonuses if you reach high levels of the stylish meter.And, yes, let's stick to maiking the map, then disguss how we shall release it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.