Other Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i had some problems with the WE as well as with a little dumpishness of mine but i am nearly done now. maybe i ll upload it today. (i am currently doing tests after tests and looking for bugs.)

ok ill start the companions soon. will there be a limit of companions? like you cannot get more then 5?
and how to get them? do you have a fixed amount at start or do you buy them/summon/etc?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.At max you can have 4 companions.You buy them like ordinary units from a tavern in your tower.for the no helpers mode we just hide all fo the taverns.Also, wait about them.When you get the map and i do some spells, i shall make the first companions and you can make them then.Also please in a trigger comment explein what must i change on the triggers(i am talking about the spel casting system). I am going to bed now, have a shit of a headache, eaven ican't stand it. Good night and good luck!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for being so late. it was more work then i thought and then i had some problems with my editor. anyways i think i am done with most of your requests.

well the tests and fixes took me longer then i thought. also the comments where a pain xD if you still dont understand something (might be i dont know if i commented every trigger) just tell me and i ll try to explain.

i did the hero/selection/companion template. just copy my guys and change them how you want.

also 3 different spell type templates:
-fireball (type in chat message "1") targets the position of a random enemy within 1500 range. this spell might miss if the enemy is moving. got splash damage.
-frost bolt (type in "2") targets a random enemy within 1500 range. homing missle. does single target damage.
-lightning sphere (type in "3") creates a lightning sphere which is moving in a straight line until it hits either an enemy or a destructibles (trees for example, doodads are not count) when it hits an enemy it will damage him and be removed. (slow Splash, can easily be changed)

well i think you can make spells which just deal AoE around the caster yourself right? if you want any more templates just ask.

companion system:
you can have unlimited companions right now, type in "test" to create a test companion (oger lord).
3 different commands are available:
"-help" orders all companions to follow your hero and to attack enemys within 600 range. (companions always attack the enemy with lowest hitpoints!)
"-wait" orders all companions to guard an area. the companions will attack enemys within 600 range but wont follow them. (like the standart unit AI with guard positions)
"-go" orders the companions to search and attack enemys. your companions will randomly run around until an enemy is coming within 750 range of them. then they are gonna attack them.

healthbar + manabar:
right now only a healthbar is created because 2 bars might annoy the players but you can easily add a manabar by copying all the triggers for the healthbar. the bar position is working well with the different camera angles.

camera mode: has already been uploaded

selection dummy:
you havent selected the actual hero but an invisible dummy unit. this dummy unit got no skills exept of the "order" ability. this ability (based off of "rally point") does work with rightclicks and orders the actual visible hero to move.

to get a spell:
as you did in the demo map you want the players to get spells by typing some kind of code. well the players do now get spells as abilitys.
right now i've set it that players cannot get more then 1 spell at any time but i can change that if you want.
type (1, 2, 3) for the 3 test spells.

hope its fine, Accname.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Looks promising, definetly worth the waiting.Also I gave made a list of the 56 spells, from the 6 different elements. You said the elements and i modified theitr names a bit.This is what we have now-
1 BLaze(fier)
2Lighning
3 Frost
4 Light
5Earth
6Dark
We must change the lightning to somthing that has another first letter.Any sugjestions?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Thunder it is.Tested the map.A coupple of things interest me.
1 Each player can only have 1 spell at a time?Or have you made this only for now?(like the idea was that you can have as much spells that you have space for and when you use them they go away.)And second.....uh.....items are going to be used....how?Like we can make a connection between the dummies and the Mages.But that is not important now.I will ger straight to spell creating.
•If you have ideas for spells,feel free to tell me them.
• a HUGE congratuliations!!!!!!!!!You deserve to have your name written first on the map creators credits(and it will be first, i decidet that already)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well a system to pick/use items can be done by me as well as a limit of 11 spells at any time.
to remove the spells after using is easy, the hero has all spells anyways only the dummy is getting new and losing them later.

as for the spells, well i want to work a little bit on my towerdefense as well, i would like to help you triggering them but i wont be able to give many ideas cause i am brainstorming for my map. sorry.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
1(about the items and spells and what so ever)ok, after i have done the spells, can you make a command, that will make the unit loose all of his spells?(like the spells stay, you can make a combination, you want but if you want to change them you will type a command that will remoove them)And i might question you a bit about maiking the triggered spells, but I will try to do them on my own.
2(about your TD) I wloud like to help you, however the only thing that i have time to do is help yout with testing and helping you with the balance.I can also make a race for you, but i will leave most of the dmg and atack speed values for you to decide.Is it alright with you?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i ll need many testers and balance helpers. of course you are welcome.
right now the newest update (0.7) is going to be released as soon as i removed all the flaws of the naga race. (maybe today, maybe tomorrow)

well for the spell system i though of just removing the first spell when the twelfth is acquired. if you already got the maximum of spells the first one is removed from your spell list.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
i ll need many testers and balance helpers. of course you are welcome.
right now the newest update (0.7) is going to be released as soon as i removed all the flaws of the naga race. (maybe today, maybe tomorrow)

well for the spell system i though of just removing the first spell when the twelfth is acquired. if you already got the maximum of spells the first one is removed from your spell list.

Your idea is eaven better then mine, so it will be.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.... Accname, i noticed that the spell target uses a unit group.And i wanted to ask you- will it leak if i use a reagion that is centered at the position of the triggering unit?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
not if you remove that region again. "call RemoveRect (udg_...)"
well however why dont you wanna use a unit group? regions cannot be round as circles.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am copiing your triggers and chainging the values.Uh...i might sound stupid but i have a coupply of sugjestions-Screw the elements, we will make them element based but not like a combo from fire and ice.Like there will be stuff representing the elements, but not combining them.What do you think?And second- when you have the time do you mind to look for a coupple of spells i tried to make and they didn't work?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, upload your spells and i ll see if i can get them to work.
(after last test my TD version 0.7 will be released yaaaay)

i dont know what we ll do for the spells, i suggest to think thrice about it because thats the most important part for a game with 'mages' as theme.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uh...yeah.Well my idea is this- we have different types of the spells you made. These are the hooming types- low range and speed but good dmg, modarete range and noormal dmg, hugee range and low dmg. For the point target spells- different speed and dmg, and for the lightning orb, with different moovment speed.These are the main battle spells.NOw the other types will be like shields, banshmient, slow and types like that.And ofcourse fresh ideas.And...that is for the spells.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I've missed a lot, haven't I? I haven't read the last few pages so I'm not so sure what's going on, sorry. :(

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
we started the spell maiking, there are 3 main types of ofencive spells.I can make them.HOwever i am having difficulties with maiking simple spells like ensnare.Anyway the whole hero-coontroll and spellcasting system is unique and i still haven't figured what i am doing wrong, although Accname left a few comments for me to read and lean off them

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
maiking = making
ofencive = offensive
coontroll = control

Sorry, just wanted to point out those mistakes. Anyway, I will be here if you need anything, since my part is done. If there's something to trigger and you or Accname can't do it, I might be able to handle it. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.