Other Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well I mentioned a few posts aabove that i had an idea of classes.And the idea was that the classes are moore for show off and for examples then for beeng an actuall class.Like- you type -dasher and all of your spell slots you get dash like spells.But when you use a spell it still dissapears, so that you must type the spell combo if you want your hero to change.I said show off because the main idea is that each player will think of his own combos, fitting his stylie.The ones we are going to put in are for examples and for new players.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
To any one who will -rep me for double posting-Well iget a bump evry 24 hours so ha-ha.

To Jolly and Accname- Well First to Accname- what exactly are you doing as in systems?(curiosity, don't take it the wrong way)
To Jolly- Do you need any custom models in order to make the trrein like an evil-magical-forest-type of a map?(don't do anything yet.I will tell you when your time has come to make the map)
To Bloodcount- I have been maicing icons and searching for deacent loading screen while Accname is working on the systems, we can't work both on the same map.And i have come up with some pretty good icons, but no loading screen bu-hu.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
right now the health and the mana bar is finished as well as the camera, i am still working on those fr**kin spells, got some problems first my world editor crashed (closed due to an error) and now for some reason its not working anymore Oo
anyhow i ll upload the fixed version as fast as possible.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
right now the health and the mana bar is finished as well as the camera, i am still working on those fr**kin spells, got some problems first my world editor crashed (closed due to an error) and now for some reason its not working anymore Oo
anyhow i ll upload the fixed version as fast as possible.

Take your time.There is one moore thing though- the game modes and a multiboard for them.The trick is That if it is possible i want the death mach to be as so many kills as the host chooses.Same goes for the tower hearth.That is all.One lasth thing though- take as much time as you need.I will make the spells pretty quickly.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
I can easily download custom doodad models from The Hive Workshop (excellent place). But I'll wait until you and Accname have finished quite a bit on the actual systems. Once you can actually "play" the map, I can go ahead and finish the terrain. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well here is the work play- when Accname does the systems that he has inmind and perhaps the modes. I take the lead here- I make a shit lot of spells, I add the baisic gameplay stuff and some of the items.Then you make the terrein, after that Accname adds the modes(if he hasen't) then i finish the stuff like the events different types of modes and the bosses(if i haven't done them already) as well as add a few moore helpers.Then Accname finishes the triggers, I make the "towers" each one of us leaves somthing with wich he will be remembered in the game(name of boss ultimate weapon, spell a floating text some where or what ever you want) and we post it to the open world.I do not promise tha i will include all 56 spells in the first version we reales but in the second version they will be around 70.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.I thought up of the main types of spells that we are going to have.
Spell type 1- a target spell. Example-fire bolt
Spell type 2-Aoe spells- Blizzard
Spell type 3- Defense and healing spells- example holly light
Spell type 4- Distruptor spells- ensnare- spells that mess up with the other players.
Spell type 5- Trickster spells- Spells that let you controll the battle better- Blink.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
There should be more interesting ones too! Triggered, of course, but that's what the gameplay is supposed to be about, right? Interesting! :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well, ofcourse, I am talking about the main types.Besides I need to get the systems, to see exatly what they do and then i can begin building the spells.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Bump or somthing? And Accname, today i felt creative and i made a "target a random unit in range of hero" although it might leak.It has one issue but other the n that works fine.Anyway is there a spell that does nothing?I mean, a spell that you only press the botton and nothing happens?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Alright.Well...I wanted to speak with you-(do NOT take my words the wrong way i am curious and want to help if i can) what systems are you doing?Are you having difficulties with any of them(so we can change them) and you spoke about WE not working....what is the story?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i am still working on the system. for some reason my units aint working right, i really dont get what the problem is.

i added expiration timer to a dummy unit and issued an order targeting a point, the unit got the expiration timer (the blue bar below its name) and it is going to that point but its not using the ability nor is it dying when the expiration timer expires.
i was testing for about 2 days now but regardless what i do the trigger wont work, i am already thinking the map is somehow corrupted...

well i ll keep trying unitl i get the problem.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Alright.Is it ok if we use your system for the warden(from your campain) for the helpers?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
of course although i think it would be enough to simplify it a little bit. my system was a bit complicated. (all those possible commands etc)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well how about they follow you automaticly. When you type -wait they will wait for you.When you type help they will come to you.And the third one is scatter- they go to different points and then return to you.This is all we need.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
some questions for the companions:
-you want more then 1 companion per player right?
-if there is more then one should an order like "go" or "help" effect all of them or should you type the number as well like "go companion 1" ?
-should they search enemys anywhere on the map by theirselfs?
-should they concentrate attacks on mages? companions? or enemys with lowest hitpoints? (maybe enemys which are attacking you?)
-they are gonna to use abilitys like heal right? do they also use abilitys on enemys? (can you disable the use of abilitys for them?)

well maybe even more questions but they are the most important right now. i ll need those information to create the system.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
some questions for the companions:
-you want more then 1 companion per player right?
-if there is more then one should an order like "go" or "help" effect all of them or should you type the number as well like "go companion 1" ?
-should they search enemys anywhere on the map by theirselfs?
-should they concentrate attacks on mages? companions? or enemys with lowest hitpoints? (maybe enemys which are attacking you?)
-they are gonna to use abilitys like heal right? do they also use abilitys on enemys? (can you disable the use of abilitys for them?)

well maybe even more questions but they are the most important right now. i ll need those information to create the system.

OK, 1st what happened to the spellcasting system?(i read some where that the bug was fixed)
2 If you give them the command "scatter" they will search enemies.
3 yes you will controll a group of units(well the game is(will) bge based on a lot of diferent Deathmaches and in case it is most fun to play FFA this will fill the void of you beeng alone)
if you say"go" or help it will affect them all
And, you can't disable the use of abilities
Last but not least the helpers shlud target other helpers, however if your hap falls bewol 20% they will try to kill your atacker.

I think that that is all for now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.