Buildable/Openable Gate

DeeVee

Reaction score
I am trying to make a gate that a worker can build, (so it has to be a unit) but the gate can also be opened by like a -open command or an ability command. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a gate as a unit, or does it have to be a destructable?

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
I am trying to make a gate that a worker can build, (so it has to be a unit) but the gate can also be opened by like a -open command or an ability command. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a gate as a unit, or does it have to be a destructable?

It should be possible I think.

You could build it as a unit, and then use the -open command as an event to an action that sets it's collision size to 0. I gate-opening an alternate animation of the model, or another model completely? If it's the second, you'd have to "replace" the unit.

DeeVee

Reaction score
K i checked for the model before but I'll look deeper this time and get back to u in a minute

DeeVee

Reaction score
Okay I checked everywhere and couldn't find an opened gate model of anytype. What I did find was that the Death Alternate of my gate is the opened version of it, but... I don't know how I can somehow trigger the Death Alternate, instead of the usual death. Can anyone help me with triggering that?

DeeVee

Reaction score
Okay I fixed my own problem using 2 abilities, 2 different units with the same name and properties except one had a pathing map and the other didn't, and 2 triggers.

Trigger:
  • Open Gate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Open
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Gate using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Gate) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Picked unit) Equal to (Last replaced unit)
            • Then - Actions
              • Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s Death Alternate animation
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

and...

Trigger:
  • Close Gate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Close
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Gate using The old unit's relative life and mana

Hope this helps anyone who had the same problem I did.

Faction

Reaction score

No trigger is necessary for this.

1st) Create Gate Building, make editor suffix [closed1]
2nd) Create a second gate building identical to the first, except with 0 pathing and dead gate model, then make it so the build time and cost are 0. make editor suffix [open]
3rd) Create a copy of [closed1], only make build time and cost 0. make editor suffix [closed2]

Make it so that [closed1] upgrades to [open], that [open] upgrades to [closed2], and that [closed2] upgrades to [open].

make the icons for these in the bottom left corner for ease of use

adjust build times as you want to stop players from spammin' their doors shut

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.