chain lightning auto-cast?

Menelaus

Reaction score
i have a tower in a td that i want to cast chain lightning instead of attacking.

how would i go about doing this? im having some trouble

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
- Unit - A unit is attacked

- Owner of (attacked unit) belongs to player 12
- Unit-type of (attacking unit) equal to Lightning Tower

- Unit - Order (attacking unit) to Orc Farseer - Chain Lightning (attacked unit)

Something along those lines.

Onnings

Reaction score
You should also, hopefully obviously, lower the damage of the tower to 1, as well as removing the Missile graphics.

H

helping_hand

umm... this is what i think:

have the tower setup to what u want it
go to art: (i think) missle type: ans select chain lightning so when it hits is uses chain lightning instead of a normal shot

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score

go to art: (i think) missle type: ans select chain lightning so when it hits is uses chain lightning instead of a normal shot

That will just shoot the chain lightning graphic, it will not have the same effect as a chain lightning (bouncing/multiple targets).

Kirbyman has the right idea.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score

And:
You'd need to give them the ability "Lightning Attack", that is what allows them to actually shoot out a Lightning Effect.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
there are a few ways you can do this..

#1 (probably the easiest) - give an orb ability based off of chain lightning
#2 - give the tower a bouncing attack and change the projectile model to nothing, and add a lightning effect (think like huntress bounce)
#3 - trigger it, but make the tower have the ability and give it a cooldown that's equal to the tower's attack speed if you use "event - a unit is attacked"

tanchunhung

Reaction score
Ok!

Ok!...you make this using other....i wan like critical strike...give a chance to make a chain lightning...who know?:thup:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Ok!...you make this using other....i wan like critical strike...give a chance to make a chain lightning...who know?:thup:

Isn't this hi-jacking thread?

Anyways, to give a % chance to release chain lightning, an easy way would be to use "Orb of lightning (new)". Under the chance to hit, set your chance. Then just change the ability under "Data - Effect Ability" to chain lightning.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Isn't this hi-jacking thread?

Anyways, to give a % chance to release chain lightning, an easy way would be to use "Orb of lightning (new)". Under the chance to hit, set your chance. Then just change the ability under "Data - Effect Ability" to chain lightning.

And "necroing".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.