Changing the Game camera's AOA.

Zanderist

Reaction score
So when you play the Game camera is looking from south to north.

How can I change it to look from east to west at a zoom of 3000?

I'm thinking using a periodic event making sure that the camera is looking to the west at a zoom of 3000.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
So when you play the Game camera is looking from south to north.

How can I change it to look from east to west at a zoom of 3000?

I'm thinking using a periodic event making sure that the camera is looking to the west at a zoom of 3000.

Trigger:
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Triggering unit)) with height 3000.00 above the terrain over 1.00 seconds

Trigger:
  • Camera - Rotate camera 180.00 degrees around (Position of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 1.00 seconds

Problem with rotating is it seems to lock the camera, but there might be ways to go around it.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Periodic event might work but it might also look strange if you try to zoom. Will you use this in some kind of cinematic or what?

Happysmiley

Reaction score
In fact, I have "Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Triggering unit)) with height 3000.00 above the terrain over 1.00 seconds" in my own map, adjusting every 0.2 seconds. It's noticeable when zooming, but it's hardly annoying. In fact, I don't mind it much at all. I could dig up the trigger for you if you'd like, it's made so that each player can easily adjust it at their own convenience.

Zanderist

Reaction score
Periodic event might work but it might also look strange if you try to zoom. Will you use this in some kind of cinematic or what?

Not as a cinematic.

Just changing the game camera viewing angle so it's better to see what's going on.

But going to 180 works just as good to.

Zanderist

Reaction score
I know how to do it, but I imagen having triggers that fire every .10 second produce massive leaks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.