[Contest] Hero Contest 1#

Status
Not open for further replies.

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Question: In the test maps should the hero be lvl 1 or lvl 10?

Btw: i wanna join.

N

needshelpplz

3 questions.

Can you enter more than 1 hero?

What race is this hero supposed to have (are you supposed to give it a race, can you make a custom race, can it be neutral, etc.)?

Also, are extra points awarded for making custom models?

also, should you make it explain in game why you decided to give your hero certain abilities?

Lastly, i'd just like to say I think it would make alot more sense if you made it so that everyone has to enter their hero in a specific map (i.e. say everyone has to enter their hero in a regular melee map such as Lost temple or whatever). It would make it more fair because everyone has the same map to apply their hero to.

Ok, you say you are only allowed 4 abilities. What about things like hide, burrow, heal, repair, etc. Are they allowed to have a 5th or 6th minor ability like that?

Are they allowed to come with additional items or cost an additional amount? Atm, all heroes come with scroll of tp.

Also, if you want heroes to be balanced, maybe you should specify what combination of agi, str, int etc they are allowed to have. (ex. X stats initially and an additional Y per level).

Should balance be tested by dueling them? I.e. if they lose to a strong hero like mountain king but win vs a weak hero suck as warden then it's balanced?

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
3 questions.

What race is this hero supposed to have (are you supposed to give it a race, can you make a custom race, can it be neutral, etc.)?

No, you may not enter more than one hero.

Race doesn't really matter, you can give your hero a race or just make it generic.

I think it's been said that there will be no extra points for custom models.

also, should you make it explain in game why you decided to give your hero certain abilities?

Lastly, i'd just like to say I think it would make alot more sense if you made it so that everyone has to enter their hero in a specific map (i.e. say everyone has to enter their hero in a regular melee map such as Lost temple or whatever). It would make it more fair because everyone has the same map to apply their hero to.

You can explain why your hero has the abilities it does if you want to, don't think you have to though.

Your hero will be judged independant from the map its in. The map won't effect your points, though there should be enough monsters around to test spells on.

Ok, you say you are only allowed 4 abilities. What about things like hide, burrow, heal, repair, etc. Are they allowed to have a 5th or 6th minor ability like that?

Are they allowed to come with additional items or cost an additional amount? Atm, all heroes come with scroll of tp.

Also, if you want heroes to be balanced, maybe you should specify what combination of agi, str, int etc they are allowed to have. (ex. X stats initially and an additional Y per level).

Should balance be tested by dueling them? I.e. if they lose to a strong hero like mountain king but win vs a weak hero suck as warden then it's balanced?

I think Hide would be allowed for a fifth ability, but anything else I really doubt would be allowed at all.

Pretty sure your hero shouldnt really cost anything more than a normal hero would, or spawn with any extra item or anything like that, the heroes are generally supposed to be balanced enough for a melee game.

Well, all heroes generally have some combination of 50 - 60 starting points in their 3 attributes, and gain some combination of 6 points per level.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Heres my hero, I call her the Netherdancer. :eek:

The idea behind her is to spam your spells whenever possible and attack normally when you can, quite a powerful offensive hero.

Netherdancer
Mystical Hero, adept assulting enemies with spells. Can learn Netherburst, Voidsap, Manavoid and Nether Plane.
Attacks land and air units.

Netherburst
Causes initial damage to all enemy units in a target area, plus additional damage over 10 seconds. Enemies already under the effects of Netherburst will take slightly more damage than the last time the spell was cast on them. No extra damage after the third cast on the same target.

Level 1 - 40 initial damage, 50 damage over time, 5 extra initial damage and 10 extra damage over time per cast on same target.

Level 2 - 50 inital damage, 75 damage over time, 10 extra initial damage and 20 extra damage over time per cast on same target.

Level 3 - 60 initial damage, 100 damage over time, 15 extra initial damage and 30 extra damage over time per cast on same target.

Voidsap
Steals the strength of a target enemy unit, reducing a target enemy units attack damage, and increasing the Netherdancers by the same amount. Casting this spell while the Netherdancer already has an attack damage bonus from this spell will increase that bonus even further.
Lasts 12 seconds.

Level 1 - Steals 10% attack damage, adds 5% per cast, 30% limit.

Level 2 - Steals 20% attack damage, adds 10% per cast, 60% limit.

Level 3 - Steals 30% attack damage, adds 15% per cast, 90% limit.

Manavoid
Causes the attacks of the Netherdancer to restore a small amount of mana, and drain the same amount of mana from the target if possible. In addition, when the Netherdancer casts a spell, there is a chance for the spent mana to take form, becoming a Nether Minion that lasts 20 seconds.

Level 1 - 4 mana per attack, 25% chance on spell cast to summon a 100 hit point Nether Minion that deals 13 - 21 damage.

Level 2 - 8 mana per attack, 50% chance on spell cast to summon a 200 hit point Nether Minion that deals 18 - 26 damage and has Feedback.

Level 3 - 12 mana per attack, 75% chance on spell cast to summon a 300 hit point Nether Minion that deals 23 - 31 damage, has Feedback, and is Invisible while not attacking.

Nether Plane
Creates a large plane of nether energy around the Netherdancer. Enemies in the plane move and attack 50% slower and take greatly increased damage from spells.
Lasts 30 seconds.

So, open to all comments and criticism :l

Attachments

• TheHelperHeroContest_Netherdancer.w3x
    151.2 KB · Views: 283

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Don't find too much spell chemistry in your spells. They don't have much relation with each other.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
They go well together in plenty of ways. : (

The short cooldowns on netherburst and voidsap go well with the chance to summon a minion with the manavoid spell.

Netherburst and voidsap, having stacking effects, makes them more useful if you cast them as often as possible, which also goes well with the chance to summon a minion on spellcast.

Voidsap's +damage and manavoid's mana restore together make the hero's normal attack pretty useful.

Manavoid restores mana because of the kind of mana the hero uses up. And it's drain mana plus the Minion's feedback can quickly drain an enemy's mana.

Nether plane will slow enemies down, making them easy targets for your netherburst spell, as well as making that spell do a lot more damage than normal, not to mention youre a lot less likely to die with enemies attacking 50% slower. : / really the only defense this hero has besides the damage reducer on voidsap.

Anyway, yeah, thats all what was really going through my head while making the hero >.> If you dont like how they work together, sorry I guess. : (

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Cool idea hate, but Romek does have a point. Suicidal units would be difficult to use, and in a melee map, would the continuous revival costs/time be worth the kills you would get? And I can't see how any of them would go well together (maybe blow up, and % chance on death damage triggers dealing even more boominess?).

EDIT: Daskunk, could you add a Maybe to my name, I'm unsure if I'll continue with the competition since I don't have alot of time. If I get a chance to complete the hero before contest ends, I'll let you know.

Everything works out great together, and Yes, the triggers work with each other.
You wouldn't have to wait to respawn, because of his ultimate :p But I won't tell you what it is, since I am not sure how to programm it.
I am also having a hard time to Balance my Hero, but it's slowly working out =)
Maybe I'll change the first skill a bit...

Good luck to you all =)
Also, I am awaiting more great Heroes (Yes, I love customness and contrasting Heroes =) )

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Question: In the test maps should the hero be lvl 1 or lvl 10?
Level one, and a command that levels him up would be nice, but not required..
No. You can change which hero you dicide to subbmit, Though..

Make it whatever you want.

No, that would be unfair.
No Need to do that..
No minor abilities, thats could not be used in melee.

For testing puposes they can have items, but not as part of the hero.

That would be me balancing the hero for you, you can dicide what the heros like...
That would be A OK test, but as some abilites are AOE and some are heal and such, they should have units as well...

Added Cheddar (Maybe) and foodflare.

N

needshelpplz

ok...

"No minor abilities, thats could not be used in melee."

That was my question. Can extremely minor abilities that are usually allowed in melee (hide, burrow, heal, repair, etc.) be given to the hero?

"I think Hide would be allowed for a fifth ability, but anything else I really doubt would be allowed at all."

Ok, i'll be specific. I was thinking of creating a giant worm hero with burrow as a basic ability (in addition to hero abilities). His ultimate would be some sort of uber-burrow though.

Daskunk

Reaction score
"
That was my question. Can extremely minor abilities that are usually allowed in melee (hide, burrow, heal, repair, etc.) be given to the hero?
They can be given, But they would be counted as another spell...

Ok, i'll be specific. I was thinking of creating a giant worm hero with burrow as a basic ability (in addition to hero abilities). His ultimate would be some sort of uber-burrow though.
That sounds like a really cool hero... Im not sure I should allow minor abilties though... Maybe you could fit it in useing a spellbook as a abilitie or somthing?

N

needshelpplz

:(

Spell book would be annoying and would make it harder for the user to use abilities.

"They can be given, But they would be counted as another spell..."

So hide would count as a one of your spells?

S

superanarchy

my hero is soon done :D get ready for the coolest balanced sick shit XD

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I suck at JASS, am I allowed to look into other codes to learn how to do things from it?

For an example:
I dont know a fuck about JASS, but I want to make an ability that sucks units towards you. Am I allowed to look in a black hole code to see how you suck units towards you?

I

iAmKablam

I'm in.

And about needshelpplz's extra minor abilities - I think they should be allowed.

The Night Elf Warden and the Priestess of the Moon have Hide in addition to their 4 hero abilities. Burrow should be allowed too.

Daskunk

Reaction score
I'm in.

And about needshelpplz's extra minor abilities - I think they should be allowed.

The Night Elf Warden and the Priestess of the Moon have Hide in addition to their 4 hero abilities. Burrow should be allowed too.
All but a few night elfs have hide.

I Am perfectly fine with you having a minor ability, As long as other people dont find it unfair.

So for now, go ahead and make it with burrow or w/e but if people complain you might have to remove it...

S

superanarchy

I suck at JASS, am I allowed to look into other codes to learn how to do things from it?

For an example:
I dont know a fuck about JASS, but I want to make an ability that sucks units towards you. Am I allowed to look in a black hole code to see how you suck units towards you?

i personnally think that, that should be allowed. if your "black hole" spell fits perfectly to your hero you should get the right to use it (personal opionon) but dont copy the codes. learn from them and make it yourself later :p

Daskunk

Reaction score

For an example:
Sure you can, just dont copy the code exactly...

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
how about linking each submitted hero to your first post, so the people dont have to look through all the pages if they want to look what heros have been submitted?

Daskunk

Reaction score
how about linking each submitted hero to your first post, so the people dont have to look through all the pages if they want to look what heros have been submitted?
But that means I have to look through all the pages! :(

:p Ok, Look at first post, did now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.