[Contest] Hero Contest 1#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
god damnit. i forgot to upload map. sorry xD noob mistake (lol) sorru :banghead:
Not very balanced. Spawns that last forever and a ability that heals and takes control of unis.

His Ult kinda sucked, too, I think....

Pretty good but needs improvement.

Sinan2

Reaction score
Well, I wanna join, but add a (Maybe) tag to me for now...
And; I have a spell idea, but I need to have a temporary 5th spell for that, which increases Attack speed, and there's a Dummy ability you learn. Is it allowed?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Not very balanced. Spawns that last forever and a ability that heals and takes control of unis.

His Ult kinda sucked, too, I think....

Pretty good but needs improvement.

Heheheheh, funny post.
You stomp his ability's, spawns, and ult, and then you say its pretty good :D

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Sinan2 said:
I have a spell idea, but I need to have a temporary 5th spell for that, which increases Attack speed, and there's a Dummy ability you learn. Is it allowed?
Be more specific. I don't see why you should need a 5th ability that increases attack speed.

N

needshelpplz

k

"hey i wanna participate this is my 1st hero check it kinda cool http://www.epicwar.com/maps/download...ime%20Mage.w3x"

:O cool, a time mage, i like the theme.

Abilities are a bit bland, but then again simple makes it easy to use. However it would be nicer if your abilities made some cool looking effects. The icons probably need to be changed (they don't really suite the character).

:) I loved the footmen. I had to run around and around as more and more chased me (constantly casting lightning on them) until they finally trapped me and died. :(

Ulti was cool, not sure if the ultimate would make him playable on large maps (stopping all units on the map could be annoying). Maybe you could make a space-time mage and his ulti could be to create a tear in the fabric of space time (i.e. black hole).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
OK, I'm done with my Hero...
I proudly Present: Troll Firebug

Skill 1: Liquid Fire
Thows a Bottle of Liquid Fire towards a Target Area. Apon Impact, it explodes, dealing massive Damage.
Level 1: Deals 75 Damage + Gaya's Intelligence
Level 2: Deals 150 Damage + Gaya's Intelligence
Level 3: Deals 225 Damage + Gaya's Intelligence

Skill 2: Troll Hybrid-Mixture
Enhances attacks to stun enemy Units. Gaya has a chance of exploding apon death.
Level 1: 7% chance to stun, 14% chance to explode apon death for 125 Damage
Level 2: 14% chance to stun, 21% chance to explode apon death for 175 Damage
Level 3: 21% chance to stun, 28% chance to explode apon death for 225 Damage

Skill 3: Oblation of Fire
flies towards a target area, once Gaya reaches destiny, he explodes, dealing massive Damage to surrounding enemy Units. Gaya, however, doesn't survive.
Level 1: Deals 125 Damage
Level 2: Deals 250 Damage
Level 3: Deals 375 Damage

Skill 4: Infernal Obliberation
Enhances attacks. deals additional damage for every additional attack. Doubles the chance of "Troll Hybrid-Mixture", and adds additional 75 Damage to "Troll Hybrid-Mixture".
Level 1: Each additional attack increases the damage dealt by 6. Units that die under this effect will explode for 75 Damage.

Attachments

• BatRider.w3x
    62.3 KB · Views: 227

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Hehe wow, thats a fun hero to mess around with.

I have a question for you though, the charge function you have with that suicide ability, is it possible to do that in gui? I can't read jass very well, but i'd like to know what you're using for the speed increase.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hehe wow, thats a fun hero to mess around with.

I have a question for you though, the charge function you have with that suicide ability, is it possible to do that in gui? I can't read jass very well, but i'd like to know what you're using for the speed increase.

Of cource it's makeable in GUI.
I can make you an example of a Dash Spell if you wish...

Daskunk

Reaction score

Thows a Bottle of Liquid Fire towards a Target Area. Apon Impact, it explodes, dealing massive Damage.

Enhances attacks to stun enemy Units. Gaya has a chance of exploding apon death.

flies towards a target area, once Gaya reaches destiny, he explodes, dealing massive Damage to surrounding enemy Units. Gaya, however, doesn't survive.

Enhances attacks. deals additional damage for every additional attack. Doubles the chance of "Troll Hybrid-Mixture", and adds additional 75 Damage to "Troll Hybrid-Mixture".
Level 1: Each additional attack increases the damage dealt by 6. Units that die under this effect will explode for 75 Damage.
Troll Hybrid-Mixture Didnt seem to do anything.. :(

Suicide is nice, but not balanced, at all, I think.... >_<

Infernal Obliberation didnt seem to great as its a normal un-triggered ability, and it was his ult right? For a ult, it wasnt too good either.

It was a fun hero so use, though.

hey i wanna participate this is my 1st hero check it kinda cool
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/download/43067/Time%20Mage.w3x
Lightnigh spell was magorly imba.
Was hard to test the map, so many footmen kill you too fast, really.
Time stop didnt seem to do anything.
Lock was just a weak stun?
And a worse dodge spell than normal one.

Didnt seem much time a time mage, and most abilities were really weak and then lighting was really powerfull... @_@

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Troll Hybrid-Mixture Didnt seem to do anything.. :(

Suicide is nice, but not balanced, at all, I think.... >_<

Infernal Obliberation didnt seem to great as its a normal un-triggered ability, and it was his ult right? For a ult, it wasnt too good either.

It was a fun hero so use, though.

Did you even read what it does? It triggers once you die, and in addition to that, it's just normal bash. And the ultimate increases the chance and the damage of the of the Troll Hybrid-Mixture...
And, why shouldn't it be not balanced?
I mean, that skill is like a "Last Fortitude". Meaning you use when nothing else helps... And as for the Damage, I don't think it's imbalanced. It doesn't kill instantly like that Goblin thingy in Dota.
But, your're right, his Ultimate isn't really Custom. But I felt like that skill fits him pretty good =)

Daskunk

Reaction score
Did you even read what it does? It triggers once you die, and in addition to that, it's just normal bash.
I did read what it does, but it never seemed to bash, thats all.

And the ultimate increases the chance and the damage of the of the Troll Hybrid-Mixture...
Yeah, I ment besides that. xD
And, why shouldn't it be not balanced?
Generally so the hero coul be used for a melee map, too...

I mean, that skill is like a "Last Fortitude". Meaning you use when nothing else helps... And as for the Damage, I don't think it's imbalanced. It doesn't kill instantly like that Goblin thingy in Dota.
But, your're right, his Ultimate isn't really Custom. But I felt like that skill fits him pretty good =)
I dont play dota, but from watching, the goblin thing is NOT instant kill. Anyways, even if it isnt custom it does fit well, I gusse. Mostly it seems the sucide has to big of a AOE or somthing.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score

Looks like a pretty fun hero.
But liquid fire deals quite some damage, especialy if you have quite some intelligence. Is the obliration of fire really worth dying for? (it is if troll hybrid mixture activates, but still)

N

needshelpplz

lol

hey, maybe instead of dying, he could have a chance of doing AOE damage around him but at the same time damage himself (would be alot more balanced).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
hey, maybe instead of dying, he could have a chance of doing AOE damage around him but at the same time damage himself (would be alot more balanced).

You would die alot faster though. and your suggested skill is kinda useless against ranged unit, ay?

N

needshelpplz

lol

"You would die alot faster though."

Depends on the damage.

"and your suggested skill is kinda useless against ranged unit, ay?"

Depends on the AOE and where it is placed.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I'll rep the winner. I currently give 3 rep but if i get 7 more that goes up to 4.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
Well, since te coding quality now matters in this contest, i have a lil question^^
are there given point for edit-availableness(i guess this word doesnt exist, but i hope you get what i mean ;)) of the code??

and well i nearly finished my first 2 spells, so heres a preview of my hero^^

any critics welcome :)

EDIT: forgot to remove the dummy abilities, i added for testing reasons, sorry for that, please dont mind it

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
You would die alot faster though. and your suggested skill is kinda useless against ranged unit, ay?

Ofcourse not.
The hero flies towards the target unit.

Ranged units, usualy quite low hp and slightly behind the melee line so they cant be reached to easy, can be targeted and be jumped to. Then the hero explodes and deals good damage, especialy vs those low hp range. That makes this a exelent spells vs ranged units doesnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.