Creating Rivers

Fictional

Reaction score
Before you say anything about searching this for the bazillion threads. I did and I didn't find the exact problem I have. So I just realized that half way into terraining a map I'm working on that I want to have smooth looking rivers and lakes... but for that to happen I should've first created the map initially in water and raised the terrain and gone from there... If I neglected to do that is there anyway to counteract that without remaking the map from scratch.....?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
No, not really, or... Care to upload the terrain? Copy paste is the way to go here...

Create a new map, filled with water. Use raise tool and then plateue all over the map. Copy pasting units, doodads, triggers is easy.
Copy pasting the terrain can also be done, through selecting terrain with left mouse-click, hold it down and mark an area...

Takes maximum 5 minutes to get everything from one map, to the other, everything doodads units...

Removed attachment

Fictional

Reaction score
No, not really, or... Care to upload the terrain? Let me check?

Else... Copy pasting everything is really easy!

Just new map, filled with water only, use raise tool, then "plaetue" all over the map. Copy paste units, doodads, import all object data, trigger... Easy.
Takes maximum 5 minutes.

Then of course, terraining lakes, rivers, takes a life time.

If I make a new map of the same exact size and type, is there a way to just import all the terrain and have it be moved to the same location in the new map? o_O

ManyTimes

Reaction score
Yes, as I said, copy pasting...

Drag the mouse over the whole terrain, it goes green-ish. Click Ctrl+C (copy) go to window 2 (assuming you got both maps open at the same time), ctrl+v. But then again, this ruins it a bit, well, you will see...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>raise tool, plateau

Pfft. It's done with Advanced > Adjust Cliff Levels.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
How do you open two maps at once? It always says 'World Editor is already running' or something to that effect.

Fictional

Reaction score
Yes, as I said, copy pasting...

Drag the mouse over the whole terrain, it goes green-ish. Click Ctrl+C (copy) go to window 2 (assuming you got both maps open at the same time), ctrl+v. This should be done after you have used the tool. Beware of the cliff height and "enforce water height limits" under Advanced. If it should be on/off...

I'm not that much of a newb at wceditor. What I was trying to ask (perhaps I worded it wrong) is if there was a way to import everything from my old map to a new map, keeping the same position. Doodads, terrain, units... etc...

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Select : deep water / then your brush size . ( Make your river area all deep water )

Next : Advanced / then un-check " Enforce Water Height Limits "

Use the increase tool to raise the " deep'end water " back to normal level ;

Use the lower tool on the area you " increased from deep water " and it will show the river ( deep water underneath the increased land )

~All work goes to iPeez for his terrain guide , i wouldn't have known this without him/his guide.

Fictional

Reaction score
Select : deep water / then your brush size . ( Make your river area all deep water )

Next : Advanced / then un-check " Enforce Water Height Limits "

Use the increase tool to raise the " deep'end water " back to normal level ;

Use the lower tool on the area you " increased from deep water " and it will show the river ( deep water underneath the increased land )

~All work goes to iPeez for his terrain guide , i wouldn't have known this without him/his guide.

Word... that works like a charm! Thanks! +rep

ManyTimes

Reaction score
>How do you open two maps at once?
Well, file > open. You cannot have them open at the same time, but "open" as in, one is in the background, one is in the front, which was what I meant. Pardon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.