Custom AI not using custom units

Rarktor

Reaction score
Hello all, my issue is as follows:

As far as I know, I am doing everything correctly but for some unknown reason my custom AI is not able to build any custom units.

All object data imported to the AI editor is current, the AI race is set to "custom", all units including the custom ones are correctly ordered in the build priories area with no food or tech-tree conflicts, the AI is imported to the map, and the map contains a trigger to run the AI.

The trigger is currently set with the Event - Map initialization, but I have already tried Time Elapsed as well. The AI is triggering, and correctly building modified units, but not completely custom ones. The AI stalls at the first instance when a custom unit is to be built according to the build priories and so progresses no further.

Why is the AI Editor able to see my custom units, but the AI in game unable to use them?

On a side note, I noticed that altering a hero's abilities is not correctly registered by the AI Editor, so I had to copy my heroes as custom units. The alter trains the correct heroes, and the AI Editor correctly sees their abilities. Everything seems to match-up, but the AI is still unable to build custom units in game.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Have you made sure that your barracks or factory-type buildings are able to train to those units? Check under the techtree fields to see if they can. Also, check the units themselves, and make sure their technology requirements are as they should be.

Also, try playing as that team yourself to try and expose the errors first-hand.

Rarktor

Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you for responding, but I have played the custom race many times for balance and tech-tree issues. The current build is free of such errors, so the units are quite able to do what I am asking the AI to tell them to do.

I have pretty much narrowed this down to the AI in-game being unable to train/construct fully custom units. It has no problem with heavily modified units, just custom ones. I have no idea why.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.