Guide Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

>>First, how do i get to this Clan CHLW?!?:D
When you join a chat channel if you're not in any clan, you will default to "frozen throne <country code>-<#>" eg mine is normally Aus-1.
When in said chat channle type:
/j clan chlw
If there is anyone in there you will switch into that channel, just hope that one of the people in there is of shaman rank or higher (gold box around there name) and they can invite you to the clan.

>>Next, % to proc?
Chance to activate.

>>And what's this Nightfire?
One of the items in recipe shop 2, takes 2 orbs of darkness and a longbow to create. Gives a 5% chance to instantly kill, ranged heroes only.

>>Finally, me teh suxorz with stun or stasis or whichever. lolz
After awhile or if you play enough, you will be able to read/judge when you're going to be in trouble/die, those are the times to use stun/stasis trap (same thing :p).

Thanks for clearing that up!
Might see you in battle one day! (God forbid!:D)

Edit:
GAH!
I tried joining that channel, but I'm told its restricted and I can't join it.
Does CHLW ever go through the Clan Recruitment channel, and if so, when?

I luv CHLW. I hate that it seems no one ever joins the games when I make, and I can never find.
And I tried out Lition today, and well, ugh!

But I did find an interesting CHLW, its called Final Cut i think. Best part is the mass summon and the item shopping from anywhere.
But that last part is part of the challenge isn't it. Which is also the purpose of the pack horse..... :D

I have an idea of a good build... How about Devotion Aura + Thorrns Aura + 2 summon skills? Maybe Carrion Beetles and Dragons? Or only one and Critical Hit.

I think you should make some REALLY powerful items though, late game, it doesn't matter how many Rings of Immortality you have, you go down anyway. Maybe some 1.5k Lumber stuff?

Also, maybe you should make some Deus Ex Machina-kind of creep? To make sure a game doesn't end in a draw...

>>GAH!
I tried joining that channel, but I'm told its restricted and I can't join it.
Does CHLW ever go through the Clan Recruitment channel, and if so, when?

Not as far as i know.. the clan on East tend to be Elitist/Purist, they may make you take a trial match...

>>I luv CHLW. I hate that it seems no one ever joins the games when I make, and I can never find.
It tends to fill up fairly quickly whenever I host on west...

>>And I tried out Lition today, and well, ugh!
Welcome to the dark side =]

>>But I did find an interesting CHLW, its called Final Cut i think. Best part is the mass summon and the item shopping from anywhere.
But that last part is part of the challenge isn't it. Which is also the purpose of the pack horse..... :D

Final cut is a normal HLW, made by cho_gal. It's ok, but fairly unpolished last time I played... Last time i checked it wasn't custom hero.. :p

>>I have an idea of a good build... How about Devotion Aura + Thorrns Aura + 2 summon skills? Maybe Carrion Beetles and Dragons? Or only one and Critical Hit.
If you make a summoner build, you're better off using support skills, but you can't win by yourself. I've seen a summoner go until early tier 5 with just beetles. Either take auras with one summon or use an aura minion and pick other skills with your summon. Although I must say, aura minion is hard to use... Or harder than it seems atleast..

>>I think you should make some REALLY powerful items though, late game, it doesn't matter how many Rings of Immortality you have, you go down anyway. Maybe some 1.5k Lumber stuff?
You can't survive on regen alone, you need huge hp from crowns etc.
You shouldn't even be carrying just rings by the end of the game anyway...

>>Also, maybe you should make some Deus Ex Machina-kind of creep? To make sure a game doesn't end in a draw...
Games hardly ever draw, only on normal with uber people on both teams, but how often does that happen? :rolleyes:

And whats with people saying "Deus Ex Machina"? Someone suggested that i rename Dragon Heart to that >.>

>> It tends to fill up fairly quickly whenever I host on west...

So, ur Azeroth West? Cuz im gonna join it now! :D You now have a new student recruit and devotee! And when are you generally on?

>>I think you should make some REALLY powerful items though, late game, it doesn't matter how many Rings of Immortality you have, you go down anyway. Maybe some 1.5k lumber stuff?

Sorry for the asshole-like tone, but thats what the recipies are for!
Immortal Helm
Godly Plate of the Whale
Excecutioners Blade
That wierd ass Dragon Lance or something that needs like 5 other recipie items to make

And the list goes on....

Deus Ex Machina translates to "God from a machine" or "on" it. It directly relates to divine intervention to make everything better, like Illiad/Oddessy (don't know if I spelled that right). The machine part was added because of early productions using a crane (better described as a pulley system probably) to lower actors to the stage, like descending from heaven.

The Dragon Heart summons that giant dragon which rapes every thing in its path, "coming from the heavens and making everything right again". Simple enough, no?

As for creep, wouldnt Trees fall under that category? For the average player at least?

Deus Ex Machina figerely usually relates to plot devices to solve completely unsolvable situations, often by never mentioned before methods, like James Bond having a perfect gadget for that situation, or, for an easy-to-relate-to situation, Furion summoning the force of nature to kill Archimonde.

A minor bug thing: The Sniped Shot or whatever, the one that shoots a bunch of firebolts, targets the enemy sides' summons. Might want to fix that.

Azeroth = US East
Lordaeron = Us West

I'm in Aus, so mostly go on West, but I drop in on East, not often though
It does say at the bottom of the first post...

Lol, thanks for the definition, I "knew" what it was about vaguely, but not indepth like that :p

But whats wrong with the name Dragon Heart?

@Quicksnipe comment: It's meant to be like that lol..

EDIT::
I'm on at random times.. If I'm home, I'll leave my bnet on so you can get into the channel [clan CHLW, same name =p], although I may be afk...

I'm trying to find a good tank build... Something like Thorns + Spikes (Do they stack?) + Drunken Brawler + Howl of Terror (Subject to change due to contradictionary purposes) + Inner Fire.

I'll probably get a nuker instead of Howl of Terror... Is there no Immolation, by the way?

Your welcome for the definition. lol just Google'd it XP

I see nothing wrong with Dragon Heart. Straight and too the point.
And sometimes I don't see all the info lol.
See ya soon!

Edit:
Argh! Now I feel like a total twit...
How do you change gateways? I don't see an option to... :(

When you first bootup WC3, when it has:
campaign
LAN
Bnet
etc etc

Next to the Bnet button there is a magnifying glass(?) icon, click that and you can choose which one you want to goto.

I tried Stone Wall + Inner Fire + Spikes + Concentration + Drunken Brawler, worked really well.

Still, you seem to have added an extra 0 to Inner Fire final level, I think it adds 2000% instead of 200%, ^^

Shhhhh, don't tell him that!

Now you ruined it!

XD

Thanks for the info!
Im Wolfsage on West now...
See you tomorrow or over the weekend!

No, I'm pretty certain it's multiplied by 20.

Also, Concentration seems a bit buggy, seems to stop at 0 mana and still give you the bonuses but not damage, etc. You've made sure it's MUI all well?

Well it's correct in object editor...
It's only 2x of the heroes base damage.

Are you sure it wasn't concentration? If you didn't know, when you turn it on, you get a bigger bonus then when its off.
Also I know its buggy, I just need to add a periodic buff check. I think it bugs because the mana drain is too fast...

Is it? Makes sense to me?

Concentration Tooltip said:
Gives the hero greater control over their inner energy, allowing them to focus it in key points to increase attack damage, and reduce damage dealt to the hero. |nWhen activated, the heros inner energy increases exponentially, causing an overflow which will burn nearby enemies and greatly increase attack damage and further reduce damage dealt to the hero.

Does the new one include an AI? Its not fun to play in battle.net when your heroes just delays in following your clicks.

Another Idea...

You were right, the game is a Hero Line War: Final Cut, but I swear teh description said it was custom heroes. Whatever....

But one thing that i do like about it is the Mass Creep sender. Just click once and it sends as many as you can pay for of that creep type.
Just to consider... :)

Now I shall try to find a game, hope I can!

Is ur b.net the same as the forum?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.