Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Oh, I dont know the rest of the creeps, I never played this before with someone all I do is make a hero and quit >.<

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I dont really play this much so maybe the things I say about this are fine, but heres what I think:
  • On 2nd to best creep sender or somthing, theres a unit wich casts polymorph\turn into sheep. It can cast it often enough to permanetly turn you into a sheep... You should make it cats a little less often I think.
  • In mass shadow stike (or whatever its called) it can hit a unlimitted amount of units. I think it should be limited to hitting a certant amount, its too powerfull right now.
  • Flying fortress sounds like a footman. Is that on purpose?
  • It doesnt say how you get food to level up creep sender. If im right, you get it after you have enough income, but it should say that.
  • "You must send creep to increase income!" Creeps, not creep.
  • Does not say how to get lumber, I think... I might be wrong on this one though.
  • Some spells, such as dragon call, are really powerfull, even at level one.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Sasquatch's polymorph provides a challenge. Find a way to work around it (statis trap is a good option)

Mass shadowstrike is worthless end-game (last time I calculated the damage dealt, it was a few million but that didn't phase Trees/Wyverns), and I think it's range is limited in early-game.

lol, thats a weird one

No comment

No comment

Check the questlog (if there is one ^^)

Most spells that seem overpowered early-game will quickly become worthless and you will possibly end up regretting taking the ability. IMO, the only abilities that maintain a good level of power until end-game are passive abilities with % effects (crit, drunken brawler and auras mainly) since they are only limited by your heroes physical damage output (usually) or the enemies in the case of thorns/spikes.

Also, kc102, does Crit strike and Incinerate stack if crit occurs on same attack? I know that crit strike negates multishot when crit occurs, but does it stop incinerate? And tbh, the best splash (IMO) is Cleaving Attack, combined with critical strike/drunken brawler and an armor reduction ability. The less armor the mobs have, the more damage is dishes out and it deals the exact amount it should (if you can get mobs to -71% damage reduction, you are gonna massacre other spawns)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Armor aura doesn't really do much good if your enemies still are killing you in one hit, if your going to get an aura get the hp regen/move speed reduction one.
I'm not sure how crit works with incenerate, maybe I'll stop using it if something better gets added.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Sasquatch's polymorph provides a challenge. Find a way to work around it (statis trap is a good option)
Right. I dont play it much like I said, you would know better then me.

Mass shadowstrike is worthless end-game (last time I calculated the damage dealt, it was a few million but that didn't phase Trees/Wyverns), and I think it's range is limited in early-game.
All the way up to end game, however, it can defeat over 100 units in one cast.

lol, thats a weird one
It could be its suppose to be the operator of it, or somthing.

Most spells that seem overpowered early-game will quickly become worthless and you will possibly end up regretting taking the ability. IMO, the only abilities that maintain a good level of power until end-game are passive abilities with % effects (crit, drunken brawler and auras mainly) since they are only limited by your heroes physical damage output (usually) or the enemies in the case of thorns/spikes.
Again, you may be right since you play it more, but they should be more even. Less good at the start and better later on.

Reaction score
Spell immunity, for tier 2 best creeps and tier 3 polymorph.

Avatar doesn't stop you from being stunned by inferno. The will only cast it if there is more than one hero/summon close to each other.

Oh, I dont know the rest of the creeps, I never played this before with someone all I do is make a hero and quit >.<

Single player version attaced to first post. At the moment you can only send to yourself, but i'll add an ai to auto summon later/when I have more time to develop it.

I dont really play this much so maybe the things I say about this are fine, but heres what I think:
  • On 2nd to best creep sender or somthing, theres a unit wich casts polymorph\turn into sheep. It can cast it often enough to permanetly turn you into a sheep... You should make it cats a little less often I think.
  • In mass shadow stike (or whatever its called) it can hit a unlimitted amount of units. I think it should be limited to hitting a certant amount, its too powerfull right now.
  • Flying fortress sounds like a footman. Is that on purpose?
  • It doesnt say how you get food to level up creep sender. If im right, you get it after you have enough income, but it should say that.
  • "You must send creep to increase income!" Creeps, not creep.
  • Does not say how to get lumber, I think... I might be wrong on this one though.
  • Some spells, such as dragon call, are really powerfull, even at level one.
>>Polymorph:
The cooldown on one cast is about 15s if I remember right, they can only "perma-sheep" you if there is alot of them...

>>Poison Wave [mass shadow strike]
Works as intended. It has a fairly small aoe and aoe growth per level. Most people never take it because of its lack of disable, and therefore never see its strength. The DoT effect can often get you killed, from experience, if you charge in to get a nice cast.

>>Flying Fortress sound set
Yes as you said, it's supposed to be the "operator".

>>Income requirement
It says so on the tooltip when you goto upgrade your summoner.

>>Creep vs Creeps
I believe creep is akin to sheep. As in they are their own plurals.

>>How to get lumber
Indeed it does not... But FYI 1 lumber = to 100k gold. You can hold upto 200k gold but once it goes over it will convert to lumber.

>>Overpowered skills
Only summons are overpowered because i'm not too sure how to balance them... But as Flare said, summons are generally useful early game and useless late game, which is useful to get you started on higher difficulties.
Some summons can be microed to increase their usefulness late game, most of which people don't do. eg dragons and their skills, beetles and their active.

Armor aura doesn't really do much good if your enemies still are killing you in one hit, if your going to get an aura get the hp regen/move speed reduction one.
I'm not sure how crit works with incenerate, maybe I'll stop using it if something better gets added.

Critical doesn't effect incinerate. The incinerate bonus is added as usual, on top of the critical bonus.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I have yet to see the 50...100...200...400 damage bonus, it says it does that at level 1; doesn't seem like it.

Reaction score
The stacking bonus only works in version 1.41 and up. If you use burna boy and set life mod to max, hold alt and you will see it take off bigger block with each attack.

EDIT::
I think I took your post in the wrong way, at level 1 the bonus is 50(?) and each attack will add 50, not double like you've said.
So it will go 50-100-150-200~~ so on and so forth.

Daskunk

Reaction score
>>Polymorph:
The cooldown on one cast is about 15s if I remember right, they can only "perma-sheep" you if there is alot of them...
Since you get so much money, its not hard to get enough.

>>Poison Wave [mass shadow strike]
Works as intended. It has a fairly small aoe and aoe growth per level. Most people never take it because of its lack of disable, and therefore never see its strength. The DoT effect can often get you killed, from experience, if you charge in to get a nice cast.
Even if it has a small AOE, you can cluster creeps very easly so it doesnt require big AOE.
>>Creep vs Creeps
I dont think so, but you could be right...

Only summons are overpowered because i'm not too sure how to balance them
Atm, dragons have powerfull AOE spells wich dont get that much better late game...

... But as Flare said, summons are generally useful early game and useless late game, which is useful to get you started on higher difficulties.
Even still, I think they should be evenly as good throughout the game...

Prometheus

Reaction score
I believe it is creeps, "Look at all those creep!"
No, I'm pretty sure its creeps.

The stacking bonus only works in version 1.41 and up. If you use burna boy and set life mod to max, hold alt and you will see it take off bigger block with each attack.
So it only works with Burna Boy?

Reaction score
Since you get so much money, its not hard to get enough.

Even if it has a small AOE, you can cluster creeps very easly so it doesnt require big AOE.

I dont think so, but you could be right...

Atm, dragons have powerfull AOE spells wich dont get that much better late game...

>>Lots of gold
Each one will cast it on first engaging a hero.. I haven't set an ai or anything for the creep aside from attack move to the end. All casts are run by the computer...

>>Poison Wave
The same could be said about Wrath of the wild (mass entangle)... And that disables as well :p

>>Creep vs Creeps
Creep sounds better than creeps anyway.. Well in my opinion.

>>Dragons
As the summons progress from Whelp > Drake > Dragon
Any ability they have will improve as they "grow".
Infact the spells on the dragons are in equal power to those available to heroes.

>>Summons Balance
As you quoted me, I'm not sure how to balance them... since they only have 3 forms and merely increase in number per level.. Its abit hard..
Infact I tried to match them with what they were meant to be fighting at final level and worked backwards make them weaker...

@kc102
It works with all, but you will see it more prominantly with burna boy because of his low damage and high rate of fire.

Prometheus

Reaction score
What do you think is a good hero base?
I use the "Spirit of Venegance" model.

Reaction score
Whatever tickles your fancy really. :p

Personally, for strength, I like to use the spirit of vengence as well, but also use the naga royal guard and sometimes garithos.
For agility, I use satyr, naga siren and warden.
For intelligence I use jaina, naga witch, riddler and sometimes lich.

More often than not, I play melee over ranged. Mostly because I haven't found a proper ranged build that doesn't use marine, burna boy or a bounce hero...

T

Tubba

Okay, I did some testing.

Had Poison Wave (Killed everything but Spirit Wyvs and Tree of Death, but ToD killed itself by hitting me), Dragon Call (Crap), Incineration (Great until final tier), Spiked Armor (Awesome like always), and Drunken Brawler. Used the Headhunter as a hero.

My items were Dragon Lance, the two armors which decrease ranged damage, Immortal's Helm, the bow which gives you 5% chance to instantly kill, and, uh, one more thing I can't remember.

Worked pretty good... I could take 5 Tree of Deaths at once at level 70, but not a bunch of Spirit Wyverns... Oh well. Prett nice with a solo version though.

J

JoeKR

Hey guys i skimmed through this thread and no one mentioned this build for melee.

Any melee char, preferable agi.

Delibiration aura (minus armour)
Degen aura (skull one, slow and minus regen)
Cleave (of course)
Skill of your choice (preferably command aura, or spikes for return damage)

Drunken Brawler (for evade and crit, 2 skills in one :p)

Strategy.

Max out cleave and slow aura first!! THe reason is that in mid game, you are able to slow all the enemies around you so most of the time you only have to deal with one enemy, while your crit and cleave kill everything behind.
-armour aura for the -armour of course, really good for ure crit and cleave.

DON"T GET VAMP!
Vamp in my opinion is useless, as you can buy it in game later, waste of an ability.

In pubs i did really good i could take everything BUT trees, mainly cuz i had noob teammates who kept dying, and i didn't have enuf time to buy any items, all i had was immortal helm and that other sword as final items.

T

Tubba

Killmain takes up a slot for important recipe items though... Or is there a recipe item with lifesteal?

J

JoeKR

Yea i think there is.
Yea so i wouldn't waste vamp as an ability, unless they take out killmain, which would be challenging

Daskunk

Reaction score
In solo/single player mode you can still send chance stealers wich is kinda wierd... <_>

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
to whoever said vamp aura was useless: vamp aura is very useful because of 2 things

1: it allows you to use an orb effect ability such as incinerate, essence of the north etc

2: it gets stronger than killmaim and executioner's lifesteal (I THINK) and it stacks with both since aura + orb stacks

also, as regards your strategy, wouldnt it be more effective to just do as much cleave damage as possible (by getting -armor aura) to a few units, rather than trying to deal lower damage to more units? would probably reduce the damage taken overall since you would kill a few units in a short period of timing, rather than progressively weakening alot of units over a similar period of time. im not saying theres anything wrong with ur strategy, just pointing out something which might be more effective, might be worse for all i know

as baka said, balancing summons is difficult. you cant really give them damage equivalent to that of a nuke ability, that'd just be crazy and giving them average damage just makes them a moderate meat shield. imo, just use tornados if you need a summon, since they cant be killed prematurely and have powerful slow effect :).

My usual build (when I actually played the map regularly) was:
Melee hero (usually warden/spirit of vengeance)
Cleaving atk
Debil aura
Spiked carapace OR lullaby (if no bounty)
Tornados OR dream eater (if no bounty)

That mega slow thingy, drunken brawler OR light swarm as ulti

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
About the summons, why not give them upgrades that matches the level of the hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.