Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

R

Ranik

Hey baka, I have played CHLW for a couple of weeks now, and i just simply love it!

Showoff: Last 14 times i have played i have gotten the highest score.. o.0

I love going 2v4 with my pal.... xD

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Is 1.4 a legit version?
The one with bows, hammers and all recepies listed?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Great map 5/5, i dont really like HLw lition, so, and i love custom hero shizz, AWSOME MAP!!! and marine is unbalanced, should find a way to fix.

Prometheus

Reaction score
1.4 sucks
why can't you have 100% in something? or 50%?
there should be an option to have recepies but w/ no shops!

Reaction score
100% in something? as in no bonus to the creep...? you can... just dont pick it... if you just hit start on the chooser without picking anything it will automatically be set to 100%.

that is to say, if you just start the game without picking anything it will be set to "normal" which is pretty easy already with a half decent build, so i dont really see the need for a 50% setting...

as for recipes without shops... well... not everyone is happy about the change... but its hard to keep everyone happy...

and v1.4b is out fyi
get it here
changelog is on the first post

D

Drakma

hey baka i was wondering if you could explain how u made the custom hero engine in your game

iv been trying to duplicate it for a map i am making and i just cant figure it out:(

so can u PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE explain it?:(

D

Drakma

holy crap

thank you so much

ile let you see my map first when its done

Reaction score
v1.41 has just been released

v1.41
Changes
Creep abilities, added abilities to some creep, increased effectiveness of existing ones
Decreased Flash Flood damage radius
Increased Speeding Slash aoe
Changed Gold Rush to have a large aoe at low levels and smaller at higher
Lowered mana cost on auto cast arrows
Increased stock of Pack Mule to 5 instead of 3
Lowered Monster Lure mana cost from 200 to 150
Increased Tornado mana cost from 60 to 80
Volcano is no longer channeling
Lowered restock time on Upgradeable items from 25s to 20s
Lowered Concentration aoe
Trees are only half effected by gamble, ie 50% of current life not 1hp

Additions
Heavenly Grace (Ultimate)
Intimidating Presence (ultimate)
Bouncer protect system to stop them from taking orb effects
All Agi/Int/Str mode
2 new recipes

Fixes
Hopefully ironed out all the recipe bugs
Hopefully removed the memory leak problem
Monster Lure can no longer be killed
Monster Lure can no longer be tornadoed
Seperated Bounty On/Off options to prevent double fire bug
Incinerate is now fixed

latest version is attached below. enjoy :)

N

nahallacman

great map

i think 1.4 (any of them so far) is amazing
haha
i have had some great time owning people
(got a great build but its not quite pro yet)
but i have a question
why make concentrate a melee only skill?
it could be well implimented in a ranged hero too
just a thought :)

Reaction score
yes it could, however, since people already tend to choose ranged over melee heroes, its... lets say... an "incentive" to choose a melee hero.

J

Jubosh

Displace needs a fix

I like making caster builds in Custom Hero line wars and one of the great caster abilities that is never used is displace, the idea of it is great but the fact that it causes everything on the line to get effected can more often then not piss of your team since not everyone is a caster or magical damage , I would suggest keeping it effect the same but give it and Targetable AoE. Also AoE and range increase with level, this is just a idea but hopefully you'll look into it

On another note I noticed that 1.41 has some real lag issues that almost seem like they cuase the entire game to run slow, I'm running on a comp that can handle oblivion on full graphics and and a little concerned that i get lag on CHLW, being one of the people that know how to host on Bnet lag is unwanted by me and all playing with me, i'm not to upto speed with things as complex as your map so I'll let ya figure it out :)

T

trainwreckx

I love this game, however, the start seems to be very slowwwww. (after the skill selection, i mean) It's like im sending the barbarian dudes (10g) for 20 turns.

Also, there is a stage around the lvl 3 creep-sender where the creeps are much stronger are harder to kill that most heroes can handle. Additionally, the items available at the shops are either too weak, therefore useless, or too expensive preventing them from being purchased. This part of the game seems to be a shrine-kill-fest for both teams.

But the progressive random mode is fun :D

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
actualy i personaly think the items at the shop are too powerfull, by end game ill have bonus stats from items equal to 10-15x my normal stats... once i get my crown of +500 or so, my hero never seems to die, even on impossible mode (400% to all stats for creeps)

Prometheus

Reaction score
Multishot + Lifegain + Attack Speed Increase + Enemy Armor Decrease = Rape Still?

Reaction score
On what difficulty...?

Impossible is actually 2x armour, 2x speed, 2.5x damage and 3x life. :p
Harder still is godlike which is the same but 70% experience rate.

By the end of tier 3 you should be able to buy items, which you do need for tier 4 and up, and also the avatars on tier 3. But thats provided you keep a decent income.

You should never have to kill with the shrine, if you have a decent build and a decent income. At the start potions are needed on higher settings, and sometimes the odd healing ward. Don't be afraid to use the stasis trap, as in my opinion, it is the best spell in the spell vault.
On about tier 2 vampiric potions are VERY helpful no matter what kind of hero your using, and still if your in trouble use stasis trap.
When you get to tier 3, you should be on the same tier as the creep you are receiving, a crown of kings and vampiric pot can hold you. If not then get a Ring of Immortality as well.
After that stasis traps + recipes should hold you. If your whole team is dead, you can Monster Lure, wait till its about to end then stasis trap, and that will be 30seconds costing 275mana compared to 500 mana for forked lightning, not to mention experience if you can kill them.
If you're heavily under leveled, wait till they mass you, and they will, and use dragon heart when they get close, stun/lure the lane that it doesn't go up and chase the dragon. You'll get plenty of levels. :)
For tier 2 you should be about level 20~
For tier 3 you should be about level 30~
For tier 4 you should be about level 40~ (but if you're not items will carry you)
For end game you should be level 51+ (i.e all your skills level 10)

Sorry for the long winded reply, but if you do things right, you shouldn't ever need to kill with the shrine except on end game tier. :p

Reaction score
v1.42 28/11/07
Changes
Increased Endgame Income requirement from 450 to 750 lumber
Increased Endgame upgrade cost from 500 to 1000 lumber
Lowered Cooldown on Volcano
Lowered Siege Golem (tier 2 creep) pulverize damage
Creep with Thorns Aura only effect themselves
Lowered Spirit of Vengeance (end game creep) chance to critical and critical multiplier
Lowered Wrath of the wild aoe
Serpent Wards now have spell immunity
Increased Synergy level bonus
Lowered cheap mana pot to replenish 250 instead of 500
Removed Black Arrow
Buffed Intimidating Presence

Additions
Web Ward (Summons)
Orb of Annihilation (Auto-Casts)
Tainted Weapon (Passive)
Anti-Magic Potion (Magic Items shop)
All Melee (Game mode) >>> [Can be mixed with all stats mode]
All Ranged (Game mode) >> [Can be mixed with all stats mode]

Fixes
Finally tracked down the source of the lag
Fixed various tooltip typos etc

you can download it here

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I think someone has stolen the "custom hero line war" name cuz i've played one and i wasn't by you :mad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.