Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

A

ashuaki

teh beetles

Yo Baka:

First off, ty for responding to my post on teh SM, and I have just one more thing to say, though it's not such a pressing matter:

Carrion beetles make it close enough to impossible to get kills unless you play as the space marine with multishot.

It's not so bad as the SM, but it's still very annoying to deal with 2 guys on your team playing multishot space marine and a guy (probably a space marine himself) abusing carrion to steal kills from melee teammates.

I may sound like a whiner and a cryer and that i should QQ...

But i LOVE customHeroLineWars, it's my favorite map by far.

My friend Dran_Warbringer would like to say that he would like to see the space marine as a "ShotGun" type character, just to balance him out a little bit instead of juking him altogethter.

A

ashuaki

Yo baka don't mean to spam just wonderin when you think next ver is gonna come out, we're not seein any CHLW on the WC3 joinin screens, we think its die to imbalances.

BTW... a -blink option when the game starts while pikin difficulty and bounty would be nice.

Kershbob

Reaction score
I think this map is really unbalanced; when I played it on bnet everyone picked the same hero and the same abilities because they're superior to the others.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Yea, theres 1 strat and only 1 strat

Space Marine: Trueshot aura, Degen or Debha aura, Bash or crit or apo strike and Multishot

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score

Space Marine: Trueshot aura, Degen or Debha aura, Bash or crit or apo strike and Multishot

You can do that, but I find that for me goign Begen and Debha aura with Crit, Eagle eye adn Multi Shot is complete pwnage.

I do have an arguement against the marine being 100% rigged. I will agree that he is completely unbalanced considering his fire rate. HOWEVER I played a 5v5 map on bnet and basically this is what happened:

1. everybody on team one chose everythign but a marine
2. everybody on team 2 (includign me) got marines
3. every marine had multishot
4. by the time team 1 got to tier 2 buildings every player but me continually died.

You see most people say if someone has marine they'll win. That is untrue. Only until you haev a good strat to use will it be 100% rigged (like what I do :p)

Prometheus

Reaction score
What?
Eagle Eye and Multishot stack!
This changes everything!
Crit, True, Dhea, Eagle and Multi FTW!

Demonwrath

Reaction score
No Eagle and Multi do NOT stack. What it does is this:
1. Debha (or Delib I can't remember which) slows down units
2. Eagle Eye attacks from a far distance (this is good to get the chance stealers at the first 2 tiers)
3. Delib (or Beha I can't remember) at top lvl decreese armor by 1024 (massive pwnage :D)
4. Multishot gets anything within your original range.

This is the perfect strat for ppl who ahte those damned stunning zep on the last tier creeps :/

Prometheus

Reaction score
No Eagle and Multi do NOT stack. What it does is this:
1. Debha (or Delib I can't remember which) slows down units
2. Eagle Eye attacks from a far distance (this is good to get the chance stealers at the first 2 tiers)
3. Delib (or Beha I can't remember) at top lvl decreese armor by 1024 (massive pwnage :D)
4. Multishot gets anything within your original range.

This is the perfect strat for ppl who ahte those damned stunning zep on the last tier creeps :/
So they do stack, ingame they say you can't get both so yea....

Demonwrath

Reaction score
It does not say you can't get both, it jsut says they do not work with each other, meaning they don't stack :D

Reaction score
what i meant by they dont stack, is that you wont multi to the extent of eagle eye, not that both couldnt be used at the same time.

i dont play with marine, i try not to because i know its unbalanced, so instead i use a nuker build. more fun and more skillful to play. that is to say i play impossible with a nuker build, while most others use a marine.

if you use a build like that on impos, gg. but then again i know pub games are only ever on normal. so the builds you can make are really upto you, as most things will work out.

btw, its degeneration and debilitation aura, the slowing and armour reducing respectively.

C

CookieNinja

Suggestions?

First off
THE BEST MAP EVER
i love it

Ok, even though i love this map i think it could use a mapping job
maybe a jungle/ forest/ city scene?
it would be more visually pleasing:D

second off no matter what difficulty i play i never lose (not showing off) but it can get boring, so i thought maybe after the end game tavern you could make a "mirror tavern"
it can send like a mirror of your charecter, but only one at a time of course
but it would need a 10k lumber income or something

third a ultimate recipie
like have 6 good ones combined
but maybe im crazy :nuts:

lastly wanna challenge? :D

B

Bleedorok

Bug!!!!!!

I found a bug in your game. I rather not say it in front of everyone so everyone can know how to do it though. But it is a way to have infinite heroes.:eek:

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Oh ya you better not tell them how having a player leave before they've chosen their hero gives you an infinite...whoops :D :p

BAD DEMONWRATH BAD!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Reaction score
its a detrimental bug to those that use it.

so aside from the fact that i havent thought of a good way to fix it, i havent really bothered to.

@cookieninja

thank you. ive been thinking of a nice terrain to change it to, but nothing really fits like dalaran. its abit bare, coz ive let practicality take the lead. i think its got abit of a minimalistic feel XD :p

end game will is enough to end the game on most difficulties, but im thinking of adding a 6th tier inbetween somewhere.

an ultimate recipe would make recipes further overpowered...

and if you want, you know where to find me...

[look on the first page xD]

Demi666

Reaction score
well i played it but idk what verison it was but i kn u made it:p this is what is bad about it

1, Mega lag cuz of leaks i think
2, memory leaks - server split sometimes
3, often lag out my whole computer lol.. idk how..
4, u shud do better terrain xD
5, bad items though.. + u cant do -agi max , like in HLWL its annoying
----

good thing:

1, funny spells fun 2 make ur own hero:)
2, 60% good creeps:) u shud have made more tiers though

---

i give it a 3/5

C

CookieNinja

OMG i just played 1 hour 27 minute game
-_-
we just all gave up
lol
i added you im TheCookieNinja
(west) you arent ever on!
----------------
aww
you dont wanna try the terian in just 1 version :(

----------------

oh and i found a small bug

if you repick after you've chosen eagle eye and choose other skills it still works

M

Merihem

Make A Map

Maybe i sound like a n00b, i don't care, just had a question: How do you make CHLW maps? I got some really cool idea's (specially when i'm stoned :shades: )
Can some1 tell me how to make a good map?

Hail CHLW,

Joost

C

Conker

SO at first when i played custom hero line wars i thought it was gay... mega gay and lame, but after playing lition and everybody choose the same person EVERY time it got old. so when i played custom again it was a nice refreshment, plus games arent cookie cut. One game too and hour long to play, the other we beat the other team so quick we got banned... it was so funny..."take it easy guys, c'mon u are being to hard" lol priceless. good job keep the versions coming

T

TERRYperfect

Hi,baka-ranger ,I'm surprised to find a thread posted by you here...
I wanna to talk with you about CHLW,a creative good map~~
But I cant register on the forum of "www.customherolinewar.com"...

BTW,I'm a player from CHINA
ha ~ do you have MSN?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.