Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

Reaction score
Well, I was thinking that energize would be a rather huge buff while it's active, like if your enemy sends a bunch of spirit wyverns at you or something you activate it and it'll make it relatively easy to take them out. You said that one of the big problems for dps is that even if you can out-lifesteal the enemy's damage, when more enemies show up, you get overwhelmed. Energize basically takes this and applies it to a skill, so that you can hold your own against small packs of creeps fine, but against bigger packs it'll let you take them out quickly and neutralize the threat.

Didn't realize splash would be such a hassle to code. Although to be fair, I think that multishot shouldn't be an ultimate then because cleave is still superior to it in most ways.

I like lava spawns actually, much more than parasites lol.

And I wasn't even aware there was a cap on actual armor damage reduction. I thought even if it said 100% it would still continue to increase as your armor did, at a similar rate, just because the difference between 99 and 99.5 is the same as 99.5 and 99.75 it becomes so minimal it doesn't show up on your char.

Perhaps I/we can rework it in some way. I'll think about it and come back with another idea.

Indeed it is, but making it a normal skill wouldn't solve the problem. Multi-shot and cleave are basically opposites in every sense. Multi-shot deals hero damage but is reduced by armour, gains bonus from debilitation and hits all around you. As a normal skill, it would be too over powered early game, where as cleave only deals a percentage to a cone infront and is better late game...
So in its defense Multi-shot is more an ultimate for early game balance, but is still a decent skill late game.

So, I'd first like to say....DAMN! C4, u must have been working this out in your head for a long time.... wow.

Next, I'm kinda interested in the 1 lane concept, but maybe just make it one huge one, spanning the area both originally had so you'd still have to move around a bit to get the creep.

I'd also like to add that I'm willing to test, and help, if I can. Im neophytic at the Editor, but I have it at hand and am willing to assist! Give me the pratice with it I've been considering, and I might be able to hit up a couple friends who are at the very least demi-gods with the Editor, and are fans of CHLW.

^^

Afaik, CHLW is a solo project by baka.

1 lane concept is basically as you said, one fat lane that spans the width of both current lanes, and as KC says CHLW is a solo project. It's so much easier this way, I can work at my own pace and don't really need to wait on anyone else :)

C

c4tuna

well, would it make sense then to recode multishot to deal a reduced % of damage to peripheral targets the lower the level it is and scale at the same level as cleave? The fact that debil affects multishot is quite balanced out by the fact that you can't really crit with it (because if you do, it cancels out all the multishot arrows)... I just don't see why it would be placed as an ultimate in this case.

Reaction score
well, would it make sense then to recode multishot to deal a reduced % of damage to peripheral targets the lower the level it is and scale at the same level as cleave? The fact that debil affects multishot is quite balanced out by the fact that you can't really crit with it (because if you do, it cancels out all the multishot arrows)... I just don't see why it would be placed as an ultimate in this case.

It probably could be done, but not by me :p Honestly, I'm of a decent level, but something like that would be beyond me... So if someone wants to make a triggered multi-shot that would deal % of the heroes damage, by all means. Credit is given where it is due of course :rolleyes:

C

Cj25

Thank you Baka

All i wanted to say is thank you baka for the creation of this hero line. I would have said this sooner but i for got my password. I also might be able to help with the splash skill that doesnt use barrage.

S

StabbieJoe

basically

been playing the solo game, loving it, no complaints except...
when i try and open the map on world editor is says there is not enough memory to open the map.

is this some sort of protection against me modding it? or a general error?
i just wanted to make it so i could have 5 heros and control all 5 spawn locations, yes i want to play the entire game on my own lol.

i know this is not the point but i wanted to practice certain custom heros in a group which you really cant do when playing with other people. Also my battle.net doesnt seem to work lol so its a fun way to pass some time.

cheers

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
when i try and open the map on world editor is says there is not enough memory to open the map.
is this some sort of protection against me modding it? or a general error?
Map is protected.

i just wanted to make it so i could have 5 heros and control all 5 spawn locations, yes i want to play the entire game on my own lol.
Baka would have to modify the game, possible but I don't think he will.

Also my battle.net doesnt seem to work lol so its a fun way to pass some time.
You can't host, or get on to bnet?

S

StabbieJoe

it wont let me go on bnet, i dont think ive even made an account

it says the server is unavailable and that i should try a different server or if using a cable modem connect to that before trying to connect to bnet.

1.im not using a cable modem
2.my internet is working and runs at 2000kbps

my original warcraft 3 is an illegal copy but im using TFT with a legal cd key.

any help would be GREATLY appresciated

p.s.

how can you upgrade the weapons that say "can be upgraded 4 more times"
spiked knuckles of something is one of them

cheers

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
how can you upgrade the weapons that say "can be upgraded 4 more times"
spiked knuckles of something is one of them

buy the item again

my original warcraft 3 is an illegal copy but im using TFT with a legal cd key.

the illegality of ur original wc3 may be a problem, and we dont support illegal stuff like that around here. wrong section anyway :p

S

StabbieJoe

i know it is the wrong section but its was a sort of continue of my previous comment :)

but if it was illegal wouldnt it say that i have a CD key error rather than a connection one??

Reaction score
Just get some friends to play on LAN with you over a VPN program like hamachi or something.

If you cannot connect to bnet, how can they even check your cd key to tell you its invalid? But as Flare said, illegal things are not supported here, so please don't ask/talk about it anymore.

S

StabbieJoe

yeah np

ive been playing the solo a lot recently, if you use incinerate on a ranger (the space marine was the one i was using) why does it only start doing damage once the monster is in a certain range??

i had incinerate and searing flames on and i was only hurting the monsters when they came about halfway into my range.

i know it wasn't some sort of aura effect because it was happening on all tiers of monster. other than that im in love with your game lol, just killed my first death trees (or whatever they are called, the last monster) on impossible mode in solo :D woop

also is there any way of increasing projectile speed?? because i end up shooting like 5 shots and 2 of them kill the guy then the other are wasted, not sure if trueshot aura does this.

cheers

H

HerotemplaR

Hey, only just found these forums !! :eek:
but was wondering if any1 could help me with my build..
i usally go Command aura, thorns/spikedcarripace, cleave, crit and flashflood..
any advice is welcomed suggestion etc etc..

thanks..

love the map and the solo version is sweet..

J

JacobSijsma

Lawl.. custom hero line war map is allmost playn more then the original "Hero line war Litions"
I like this map, to bad that its now obvious some "Character builds" totally pwn one another.

@Hero Templar, i usually go for an agillity hero... you can try taking a ranged agillity hero for example the one with a machine gun has LOADS of atack rate, if you combine this with passive abillity's and autocast it pwns a lot... It does have some limitations though, i think it doesn't stack with multishot or bouncing shot.

Allso for ranged hero's you can buy a cheap armor that gives 200 armor for only a little gold (For melee hero's on the other hand you have to pay 1 wood for the same armor.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
You're playing a faked version then... and str heroes for the win!

J

JacobSijsma

You're playing a faked version then... and str heroes for the win!

Mmh... i never take strength hero's, i allways suck with those... because they have less atack rate the passive abillity's have less effect allso. And if you buy a sword that does bonus damage its more effective if you have an agillity hero.

Maybe spiked carapace < wtv its name, cleave atack and such are good for strength though, not sure.

KeresPup

Reaction score
Allso for ranged hero's you can buy a cheap armor that gives 200 armor for only a little gold (For melee hero's on the other hand you have to pay 1 wood for the same armor.

You're playing an old version. Version 1.4 There was a bug there wherein instead of costing 1 Lumber, the Leather Armor costs 1 gold. If you already knew about that bug, you wouldn't have abused it if you were a pro.

Go play 1.42, the bug isn't there anymore.

Hey, only just found these forums !! :eek:
but was wondering if any1 could help me with my build..
i usally go Command aura, thorns/spikedcarripace, cleave, crit and flashflood..
any advice is welcomed suggestion etc etc...

There are plenty as of 1.42 but the most used are:
(I wont tell you the exact skills and items, but you'll get the idea)
Carrion Beetle Build / Dragon Fury Build - Good for dispersing the enemies and creep defense.
Mind Control Build - Can lower EXP gain, but the ultimate skill used for this can save you from End Game summons by having them fight against each other. (Not for Low Mana Heroes)
Typhoon Gates Build - Ultimate Defensive Offense against a flood of creeps.
Concentrated Cleaver Build - Ultimate Melee Build.
Ultimate AoE Build - AoE Nukes and Disablers are useful against enemies. (Recommendation: AoE that both Disable and Damage)
Explosive Goblin Build - Late Game Bloomer, good against End Game Mobs, even the Tree.

H

HerotemplaR

you wouldnt be able to go into more depth with those builds would you?
only because its confusing if i only know like 2 out of the 5 skills to use...

thanks..

J

JacobSijsma

I think that if you play this map enough you'll eventually have your "Favorite character build", maybe if you have many pro's in your team you should create a supportive hero with buffs and de-buffs stuff like that.

( Not aura's because commonly your team has enough aura's. )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.