Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

A

Askis

Is this map still being worked on?
Played it yesterday, a friend of mine had a ranged hero (Quezacotl) which didn't do dmg sometimes.
He was lvl 1 with Trueshot Aura and sometimes only his third shot would do any dmg, sometimes every shot.
Oh and he had multishot later, but you already know that it doesn't work anymore :>

Reaction score
Yes this is still be worked on, albeit very slowly. I am coming up to my finals and am very busy and will be for the next month or so. After my finals I will have plenty of time and hopefully production will be some what faster.

And also, yes I know there are issues with ranged heroes and some other bugs which will be fixed.

@herotemplar
Most of those builds that kerespup mentioned the main skills can be guessed. Just mix and match and find what works for you. Although I must say that the best ones are often ones that you've found for yourself.

@kerespup
creative names :p

Anyhow please be patient.. All will be will in good time. :)

A

Askis

Take your time, just wasn't sure if you had abandoned the map is all :)
I'll just have to play an older version to accomodate the range-lovers >_>

KeresPup

Reaction score
Yes this is still be worked on, albeit very slowly. I am coming up to my finals and am very busy and will be for the next month or so. After my finals I will have plenty of time and hopefully production will be some what faster.

And also, yes I know there are issues with ranged heroes and some other bugs which will be fixed.

@herotemplar
Most of those builds that kerespup mentioned the main skills can be guessed. Just mix and match and find what works for you. Although I must say that the best ones are often ones that you've found for yourself.

@kerespup
creative names :p

Anyhow please be patient.. All will be will in good time. :)

@herotemplar

He's pretty much right. It's fun when you win with a build you yourself created.

@baka-ranger

I like making names :p If you want some renaming or something for your skills and stuff. Feel free to ask.

Also, reporting a little bug: Some of the Ranged Heroes only deal damage when the enemy is nearer to them (200 range) instead of (600) range.

Reaction score
Use a ranged build with Orb of Annihilation as main. That tends to work fairly well, but is only in v1.42 and will most likely be out in the next version..

J

JacobSijsma

Also cleave is to powerfull in custom hero if you hit a creep the 20 other creeps around it are most likely to die in the first hit while the creep you atack needs to take more then 10 blows. Allso the aoe is to big wich makes cleave imba compared to multishot.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Did you play 1.3? Multishot > All back then, its not meant to be ultra uber.

Dan1lo

Reaction score
Hey Baka!

Baka-ranger, how long since I've talked to ya!

This is Dan1lo from the forums. I was accessing the forums like once in a month, and then they went down, finally found you here xD

I've played 1.42 and I've got some suggestions...

And just for your interest, I've seen a 1.5 version out there o_O, deleted when found out it sucked.

Now for the suggestions...
Let me see. . .
1 - I was wondering, is there any way to make the web ward shoot multiple webs 8D? I've used it, and it's kinda bad when you are surrounded by 10000 mobs, but it only shoots one web at one set speed at one mob :x.
Also... a bit of poison on it?

2 - Cleave is a bit too big on lvl 10

3 - Review some recipes at Recipe Shop 2
I was testing it at 1.41 solo...
Well, the things are that... Peasant's revenge is too weak. Pyreblaze(I think this is the name o.o) is ok, but only gives you a chance to explode, dealing 100.000 damage, which won't help too much endgame. Frost claws are kinda useless, The 2 bows...
Well, the bow that gives splash is really nice, but it's an orb effect. The other one is nice, but the bonuses are kinda bad to have endgame, 5% chance to kill is always welcome, though.
The 2 shields. The one that has 15% chance to block all damage is sweet! but the other one is kinda just for the middle of the game...

So, In overall about shop 2, many of the items aren't really useful endgame, because they're either orb effects OR too weak, and those which are useful, they only have like 1 ability that makes them useful.

Just to compare. Compare the bonuses of Recipe Shop 1 to the ones at Recipe shop 2 :D.

now moving on.
4 - I don't know if it's only at 1.41, but when tried solo, the end game creeps had and incredibly strong healing oO
I couldn't say if it was because of some creep or because of healing ward, but they were healing extremely fast.

I can't think about anything else important right now, the game is wonderful as always xD
If I remember something, I'll let you know!

Edit: one more thing - the armors at armoury oO
no one uses wood on those, believe me!
oh and... you really need to put more circles of power, just for '100%', because some guys just think 125% is the least you can play oO

Z

Zazu

hiho

First of all: real good map!

i have played much imba crap hero maps where you are able to pick heros wich are a pice of shit or the total master owner.

this custom thing should be added to all other hero maps too =) n1...

your hero war is the only funmap i got @ the moment xD

still there are some bugs and things i would make different

i dont know if it will improve gameplay but i'll tell you my thoughts ^^

btw i havent read all posts so i'm sorry if i tell something already discussed

so:

- i would like to buy tomes
i know there is this add stats thing you can buy but it has got a real long cooldown and in the multiplayer games i never got one Oo
(if you don't understand some thing i'll try to explain it in an other way my english is not the best xD)

-sometimes creeps are stopping their movement
if you send very many creeps some are going to stop
is this possible to fix?

- recipes
in theory a nice thing but it takes such a long time to create these that we only managed building up some of the endgame recipes in lan game when we said: ok break built some items

-dragon call (and maybe others dont tested all yet)
costs much mana some heros cant afford in lvl1 so they have no aility in the first "rounds" if they choose it as first skill (you arent able to see the mana cost, are you?)

-summon spells
the dragons and the beetles you can summon are damn strong and able to kill the creeps alone, at least the first levels of these abilities should be weeker.

-starting cooldown
should be selectable if possible

i think thats it so far

i'd like to hear your opinion soon

Zazu

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Cleave is always better then multi shot and will always be better for the simple fact that it ignores armor.

H

hikaizer

My friends and I have been enjoying the map and it's been fun to discover increasingly more successful builds among ourselves.

One problem/bug I have found is some ranged heroes, like the Space Marine for instance, attack at range but do not actually seem to hit and damage the enemy unless you bring them into melee range. I got around this by using the Burner Boy as my rapid-fire hero but it'd be nice to be able to use the Space Marine properly.

F

FuzzFriend

custom hero build?

im making my own custom hero ARENA. and i would like to have the same custom hero creation setup as you. were you buy abilities and then they are given to the hero when the game starts. i was just wondering if you could possibly tell me what trigger function you used for this.:)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You would use items.
Code:
Unit buys item
item = x
remove item
give ability

Reaction score
In the next version, hopefully all known bugs will be fixed. When will it be done? ATLEAST another 3 weeks from now, as I have finals coming up..

If you want the custom hero engine look here.

H

HerotemplaR

Hey baka, u said in ur post above ull most likely be taking out the Orb of Annihilation why is that??..

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Cleave is always better then multi shot and will always be better for the simple fact that it ignores armor.

That is why some maps (like ENFO) implement cleave by with zero range multishot.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
My friends and I have been enjoying the map and it's been fun to discover increasingly more successful builds among ourselves.

One problem/bug I have found is some ranged heroes, like the Space Marine for instance, attack at range but do not actually seem to hit and damage the enemy unless you bring them into melee range. I got around this by using the Burner Boy as my rapid-fire hero but it'd be nice to be able to use the Space Marine properly.

I have already found the ultimate build for CHLW's, found it a long time ago. Use the huntress, (the agi with bounce) Then as for skills, get spiked armor, thorns aura, devotion aura, debilitation aura (the armor one), and mirror image. I dont normaly use the mirror images till the bottom row of the final tier, but as long as your level is high enought you can survive the avatars and sasys useing only a killmaim.

Edit: This build works best on normal settings, in fact it is almost unbeatable when you have all the items, and are above level 51, almost unbeatable cause some times they send armys of trees and bargese and wymers and then place healing wards every where, the game starts to lag real bad and the items abilitys stop working the way they are supose to.

Ps baka any way to fix that problim yet?

D

Death_911

Custom Build

two things:
first, u made custom hero line wars, baka_ranger?
second, For an Ultimate Crypt lord build:
1. Get Concentration
2. Get cleave, or whatever melle splash thing is
3. some good aura, DEGENERATION recommended
4. pick a nuker
for ULt Use either Flash Flood or Drunken Brawler:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.