Disable Hitpoint Regeneration

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
I am making a Footmen Frenzy map and i have a question...
At this time the game takes way too long it kinda ends in a stalemate alot of the time, so i am putting an Overtime mode in to my map, after a set amount of time i initiate several triggers that make the game end faster...

One of the things that i need to change for this mode is to disable all the hitpoint regeneration on the bases of all the players. As it is right now all the bases have hit point regeneration built in to their unit stats, differant tiers of bases have differant amounts of hitpoint regeneration, i need a trigger that will disable all regeneration.

Thanks

sLsIDK

Reaction score
Either make the regen an ability or every second make a unit's health lower according to the health they regen (i.e.meaning if footman set health to health - 2) Assuming you have no other way to heal the units, you could also have a trigger that whenever they regain health to remove it.

Devalut

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Why not make a unit some were with locust ability and give it undead aura and set regeneration rate to -100%

Reaction score
If you are familiar with JASS you can read my two year old topic on a simple script for regen disabling: click
I tried to describe what I did back then... Basically, the concept is that you run a low frequency timer (0.04 or so) and keep track of a unit's hit points. Initially you would save the unit's hp in a variable and every timer period check that unit's hp. If it is less than your variable value - set the variable to that hp. But if the unit's hp is more than the variable's value - set the hp back to the variable's data.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
That sucks. What if unit takes damage between the periods when it has just regerated some health and timer has not resetted it?

Just use some bonus system like UnitProperties for controlling hit point regenerstion, and disabling it becomes really easy.

And if you have some generalized heal function, you can also easily make target un-healable.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Okay so i made a unit with negative 100% regeneration aura, it is a nutral hostle unit that in invisible and inselectable. but the aura is not appearing right on the buildings...so what do i need to do with the targets allowed part of the ability to make it only effect structures

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Still having problems

Okay so i could not make the -100% unholy aura effect enemy units so i decided to spawn one for each team on their team that they could not control, even after checking the structures box it could not effect structures, only organic units, and on top of that the organic units it dose effects, do not have 0 regeneration it is actually DRAINING hitpoints slowly. what can i do to make it set all regeneration, (for only the buildings) to 0?

canons200

Reaction score
that is under game play constant, inside have an option(on top), building status display, set it true

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.