DotA strategy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok instantly I'm telling people who don't like or don't know anything about DotA , they can step back because I don't want any troubles , i only want the simple answer . Ok so me and my friend are playing 2x2 Tournament. So we need to ban and pick heroes , example:

-BANS-
Skeleton King
Dwarven Sniper

This means both of these heroes can't be picked in the game.

-PICKS-
Morphling
Goblin Techies

This means you need to pick these heroes, because you selected them.

So I want a good combo on 2x2 on mid lane, which can be good in ''pwning'' other enemies. Thanks for any comments.

Wouldn't you have a better chance posting at the official DotA forums?

People are always nodding their heads towards doublestun lanes. The classic one is Sven and Lina, since Sven can open with Storm Bolt and Lina can land Light Strike Array. Sven makes for a good carry, and Lina is good AoE.

Tiny and Techies can make the classic Hand Grenade combo.

But the best combo is Dark Seer and Nerubian Weaver. Throw an Ion Shell on a Watcher and they'll run back. It helps to deny them experience and they need to either run back to their tower or buy wards if they want to counter you. Again, Weaver is a good carry hero, and Dark Seer is all-around good for both support/babysitting and pushes.

Tormented soul and Tiny.

Tiny stuns while Lesrahc lightnings. Or a switch of roles. Lesrahc can stun with split earth while tiny tosses the unit into the air and throws in an avalanche when the unit lands.

Well, since there are going to be 2 heroes i must say that Lich will be the ultimate hero, because of his ult.Now the second hero can pretty much be Kunnka- hudge AoE with slow and stun. COmbined with lich's ulti it is verry powerfull.Another great combo is Lion+linna. Or Nerrub +Ezalor(ezalor-the hero with most aue, with his first and 3-rd spell the enemy heroes won't touch the creep.Ezalor also has mana drain and stun.He can Restore tge nerubians mana so they will be good together. Last but not least, try Abbadon+ Trax. 2 slow heroes, with abbadon's skills trax will get eaven moore atack speed and he can heal and shield her. Trax on the other hand can help the aabbadon with additiona 40%atack and20%moovment speed reduction to abbadon's 20% 20%

And one last thing- scratch the professional dota player. You are a NOOOOOOOOOOBBB. You are the people i play against with money- some weak noobs who can't eaven think up of a proper strategy and ask others for help.It is people like you from who i win money. SO please stop pretending to be somthin that you are not.

Bloodcount...Watch it. It's those kinds of post that keeps these types of threads locked and thrashed. Nice avatar btw.

And one last thing- scratch the professional dota player. You are a NOOOOOOOOOOBBB. You are the people i play against with money- some weak noobs who can't eaven think up of a proper strategy and ask others for help.It is people like you from who i win money. SO please stop pretending to be somthin that you are not.

So you think I'm a noob eih?Haha , I Didn't asked : ''what to buy for ezalor pls <.< '' i asked public opinion since me and my friend can't decide what to pick .

And you're saying that I'm noob , but you say to pick admiral proudmore . You can't pick him on tournaments and leagues , he is autobanned . That's the case about your professionality.

If you still think I'm noob , then test my skills on internet.

"admiral proudmore, he is autobanned"

Hmm, depends in what tournaments or league.
But in general he has been banned.

Well, my 2v2 pick would be no doubt Lina + Rylai...They both stunners and can easily take down more than 2 enemies if they work together..
Freeze + Array + Dragon slave + Frost Nova + laguna blade is easily over 2000 damage...
and freeze + array + Rylai ulti for more than 1 hero....

To be honest, I don't play DotA practically anymore, only in dire circumstances. Fight of Characters and Special Force Online FPS seem to be better.

In the past I always played the game, so here are some nice combos and strats I know of that will boost your performance:

This one's my favorite... the ultimate
Lina Inverse
- She's a powerful spellcaster, and her Light Strike Array is her only stun skill. Keep in mind that LSA requires aim and planning (like in Counterstrike and Basketball Defense, yea seriously:eek:), since Lina will take a few seconds before the spell is cast. (I learnt this from a strat guide online) You should predict where your opponent will move next, because if this spell doesn't hit the enemy Hero, it's a waste of mana. In late-game, learn Laguna Blade but only use it if your enemy has Hit points low enough so that you could instantly kill him. If not, and if you have Dagon, use it to finish him off. But she might have problems if she faces off against another ranged attacker or two or more melee attackers.

Knight Davion
- Davion is a highly robust character with the Breath of Fire and his ultimate (I forgot the name, sorry!) which allows him to transform into a dragon. Davion will take the brunt of the enemy attacks while Lina does the damage. But the dragon knight has lots of damage as well. Give him two important items, Battle Fury and Heart of Tarrasque late game to make him really robust and strong at the same time. You can use Davion to attack the enemy Heroes and bring Lina in to cause some destruction. Use davions Breath of Fire then Lina's LSA.

While they are stunned, don't use any Ultimate skills yet. After the effect is gone, use Dragon Slave to damage both opponents or the other one with lower HP, and use Laguna Blade on the opponent with more hit points. If Davion's Breath of Fire cools down, then use it!

The most important thing here is Movement speed, when your opponent tries to retreat, catch up with them and keep on using skills. Dagon 3-5 and Laguna Blade are good finishers. Davion is simply just a major auxiliary to help Lina out.

Btw, this is assuming that Lina has the Bloodstone and Linken's Sphere, and Aghanim's Scepter and Dagon 3-5. And Davion has Heart of Tarrasque and Battle Fury. Both have Power Treads of their respective attributes. Both have Tangos of Essifation or sapphire water that can be used after a fight.

This combo follows my philosophy in AoS gaming, "Finish your opponents off before they can escape"

This might be bit 'noobish' to you, but it works well for me in an even team battle even if this is an unorthodox tactic. Don't underestimate this strategy though, it's useful when you want to gain profits from killing.

Hope it helped..:thup:

So you think I'm a noob eih?Haha , I Didn't asked : ''what to buy for ezalor pls <.< '' i asked public opinion since me and my friend can't decide what to pick .

And you're saying that I'm noob , but you say to pick admiral proudmore . You can't pick him on tournaments and leagues , he is autobanned . That's the case about your professionality.

If you still think I'm noob , then test my skills on internet.

OK, then if you are a pro, send me a replay.

Here's a combo for pushing.
Axe and Abbadon:I found extremely effective at pushing and its a very good combo can be easily pulled off.
Axe:With counter helix, basically all he has to do is rush into the creep wave and spin or just run after the enemy heroes. Its up to the user whether he prefers Berserker call or Battlehunger.
Abbadon: With Apothic Shield all he has to do is shield Axe and watch as he chases the hapless enemy heroes. No one in the right mind would try to fight a shielded Axe. With Frostmourne, if you score a hit on your opponent this combo can easily tear him apart once Axe is lvl 6.

This combination is good as:
1. Enemy heroes cannot farm as they always have to back. To add insult to injury use Battle Hunger though I prefer Berserker call as it is more flexible.
2. You might be able to sneak in a kill or two depending on the skill of your opponents.
3. Axe and Abbadon can farm like crazy.
4. Since both players can tank unlike the int pushers who have paper hp, they have a high chance to survive a gang. Heck they might even be able to kill one or two of the gangers. Abbadon shields the Axe, Axe does Berserker call, Axe spins, spins, spins... shield blows up, Abbadon does death coil and Axe does culling.
5. First tower can be downed in about 5 mins if you are good. Of course it might not always be good to down towers early as it gives your opponents a longer stretch of road to farm.

The Phantom Lancer and the Lich - The Push-and-Slash Combo

Azwraith is a force to be reckoned with, that is, late-game.
When his skill levels are high enough, the rate at which illusions are generated for him increases, and eventually he can mass up an entire army of Azwraith phantoms for his cause. But a few people would be able to fight the entire army using a singe hero. This is one weakness of Azwraith, his illusions take more damage and deal less damage, so a powerful Hero like a Zeus w/ Dagon and Aghanims (-ap mode) or a King Leoric can easily dissapate the entire army. Azwraith's job in this combo is to push and partially farm. Now here's the Lich.

Lich - He's not so good at downing towers alone. However, he is both an offensive and supporting Hero. His Frost Armor can make nearby creeps and Azwraith's phantoms tougher. His Chain Frost proves to be effective against Heroes and nearby creeps. If Chain Frost can't finish the enemies off, then Frost Nova, Dagon and his attacks. Dark Ritual will no longer be necessary late-game, assuming that the Lich has Aghanims, Dagon lvl 3-5, Linken's Sphere and Eye of Skadi (very high mana regen). So Dark Ritual can be used to 'deny' creeps safely. All in all, the Lich makes for a good defender and an offensive hero at the same time. He keeps enemies at bay (to the point of killing them) and augments his allies to make Azwraith's job easier.

This combo's success depends on the right circumstances as usual... don't expect this one to be most likely successful. Strategies can fail at any moment.
I don't have much grip in DotA now, I was good before, I'm really gonna miss those Monster Kills I made from the old days!! I'm into FPS games and FoC right now..

Kewl that's lame thought , they are both late games , but the only effect at beggining is frost arrows and blind , which can outfarm both enemy heroes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.