AoS Final Fantasy: The Crystal Wars

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Does this have to be an AoS? It sounds like such an epic idea, I don't think you should add it to the list of 5000 AoS maps.

what else would it be? another RPG to add to the list of 10000 RPG maps?

a tower defense? that wouldnt make any sense at all.

a hero arena? Another hero arena to add to the list of 20000 hero arena maps?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
what else would it be? another RPG to add to the list of 10000 RPG maps?

a tower defense? that wouldnt make any sense at all.

a hero arena? Another hero arena to add to the list of 20000 hero arena maps?

"a tower defense? that wouldnt make any sense at all."
no, then youd be defending the crystal with towers that will most likely be spells from the various jobs of the game... hey thats not a bad idea

"a hero arena"
Wc3 AoS = Hero Arena with moveing creeps and instead of game win by hero kill its game win by loss of key building

it can always be a hero survival, but that would be crystal defense rather then war now woudent it be?

btw, where cid? if your gona put him in, screw giving him that lance and give him his airship XD

Denegoth

Reaction score
btw, where cid? if your gona put him in, screw giving him that lance and give him his airship XD
You say it like FF7 is the only game with Cid.

Screenshots will be added soon, I haven't got round to getting any due to Zombie Panic and Zombie Master XD

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That does bring up an interesting point, though. What are you going to do for Cid, Biggs & Wedge?

Denegoth

Reaction score
That does bring up an interesting point, though. What are you going to do for Cid, Biggs & Wedge?
I will either make a seperate tavern for them, or number them.

Cid in FF3 will be named Cid III, Cid in 7 will be named Cid VII, and so on.
Biggs and Wedge are minor characters at best, but will probably be included in a minor character tavern.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
You say it like FF7 is the only game with Cid.

Screenshots will be added soon, I haven't got round to getting any due to Zombie Panic and Zombie Master XD

no im saying the only time when i see cid in non ff games hes always using the ff7 lance or the model is based on ff7 (cid in kh uses that), in saying exactly that cid is in just about every ff (ff1 and 2 i have not confirmed yet... mainly because i havent gotten too far in them yet... hehe its kinda hard with a full black mage party XD)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
So, An AoS With Final Fantasy, Eh?
Never Saw That Before.
So There Will Be A Lot Of Heroes... That's Always Good, But Make Them Good. :)

Good Luck With This! :thup:

~~Hai - Bye - Vine~~

Denegoth

Reaction score
no im saying the only time when i see cid in non ff games hes always using the ff7 lance or the model is based on ff7 (cid in kh uses that), in saying exactly that cid is in just about every ff (ff1 and 2 i have not confirmed yet... mainly because i havent gotten too far in them yet... hehe its kinda hard with a full black mage party XD)

FF3 cid: An engineer/builder
FF4 cid: An airship engineer
FF5 cid: An engineer
FF6 cid: Engineer who commits suicide
FF7 cid: Dragoon
FF8 cid: Headmaster
FF9 cid: Leader of a major city
FF10 cid: Al Bhed... So an engineer
FF11 cid: Dunno
FF12 cid: Not too far in the game, but isn't he an antagonist?

And a note to everyone: I have gone a week without working on this map, but I am going to start work again today. I wanna get this done so I can let my creativity flow out in a hero arena :p

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
like i said, give him an airship. Im well aware that cid is a airship engineer, that is why im saying to add him in as an airship engineer

btw, cid in ff10 made and pilots the airship you get near the end of the game
ff9 along with being a king, he also makes airship
ff12 i belive he is the leader of the judges, and seeing how they have so much power i dont see why they woudent have airships (especaly since you get to see a armada of airships get destroyed by uncontrolled mist)
ff8 he was a headmaster, but most of all he designed the school which is in the same class as an airship (okay i cant traverse mountains and deep sea, but it can hover and evade battles)

Denegoth

Reaction score
(24 hour bumps are allowed right?)
I may stop work on this map temporarily, as the lack of models is making the heroes take twice as long to make, as I need to spend a few hours looking for a single model, which ends up not existing.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
FF3 cid: An engineer/builder
FF4 cid: An airship engineer
FF5 cid: An engineer
FF6 cid: Engineer who commits suicide
FF7 cid: Dragoon and engineer/scientist type dude. he always wanted to go to space and he flys and repairs the bronco & the highwind
FF8 cid: Headmaster
FF9 cid: Leader of a major city and engineer, in ff9 all the leaders of lindblum are Cid and they're all engineers thats why the city is more advanced than any other
FF10 cid: Al Bhed... So an engineer
FF11 cid: Dunno
FF12 cid: Not too far in the game, but isn't he an antagonist?

So what's the common element?

f*ck it just make 1 cid and make him an engineer.

B

bababoom

Vincent's ultimate could be an uncontrollable metamorphosis. You target an enemy with it and he metamorphosises and the player loses control of him and he automatically attacks the target until either the target or himself dies. After he kills the target he turns back to his normal self and the player has control again, or after he dies he respawns as his normal self.

Of course he would be ranged, but his ultimate form would be melee, have extra movement speed, deal extra damage, and have a chance to cast various spells on each attack (like livewire, gigas flare, etc...).

Another one of his abilities could be Death Penalty and work similar to Nevermore's Necromastery (increase attack damage when he kills a unit) because his ultimate weapon in FF7 is Death Penalty and it increase with power as he kills more enemies.

how do you make Metamorphosis a targeting spell anyways? Been trying to figure stuff like that out.

B

bababoom

You don't. You give the unit Channel and make it use metamorphosis when it casts the Channel spell.

do you do that by setting the order string of Channel to Metamorphosis? Or thru triggers? If so I'd still have to add the actual Metamor. skill to the unit right?

Denegoth

Reaction score
do you do that by setting the order string of Channel to Metamorphosis? Or thru triggers? If so I'd still have to add the actual Metamor. skill to the unit right?

Triggers.

I have decided to temporarily stop working on the map. I have had so much creativity that has been restricted by my map being specific to a series. I wish to make a hero arena or RPG as I have quite a few hero ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.