First Person Camera

bionicben

Reaction score
Anglep2
Events
Unit - A unit enters Spawn Hero <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Time - Every 0.00 seconds of game time)
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds

Alright then, I'm attempting to make a "first person MMO" for WC3. I've never been good at scripting or very complex triggers, or even variables. So, I realize my triggers are extremely confusing and stupid but I normally get the job done. But apparently this trigger causes WC3 to freeze.

The goal is to have every player select a hero of their choice at a normal camera height and angle from a few taverns. Once the hero is created its moved to a different location and the camera view should shift downward to their vantage point, a set height, and turn when they do facing what they are. The problem I am having is the facing what they are part.

Angle
Events
Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to -30.00 over 0.00 seconds
Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 800.00 over 0.00 seconds

This trigger is initially turned off and turned on in this trigger..

Turn On
Events
Unit - A unit enters Spawn Hero <gen>
Conditions
((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) and (((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)
Actions
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
Trigger - Turn on Angle <gen>

So, if you can read this and have followed me.. congrats. But ovbiously in the second trigger listed as "Angle" you can't tell the computer to "Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Triggering unit)) over 0.00 seconds" because their was no action that a triggering unit spawned.

And again, if you have followed me great. If you haven't that's okay too. But I am asking for help in solving my problem. Please! If you know a way around this, I would love to hear from you.

Oh and, THANKS! :)

TheLegend

Reaction score
Need help

I have a problem with this triggers: The camera doesn't want to apply the height of the unit so whenever i go up a hill my camera gets stuck in that hill so i see my unit from below. Could you please show me a trigger that can solve this

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a problem with this triggers: The camera doesn't want to apply the height of the unit so whenever i go up a hill my camera gets stuck in that hill so i see my unit from below. Could you please show me a trigger that can solve this

this thread is pretty old, chances are low you will get any answer from these guys.

however what you need is to get the Z coordinate of your heroes positions.
(there is no GUI action for this, what you need is jass)
and then you can set the camera height to that value.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.