force orb effect..

madd_999

Reaction score
is there any way to force and orb effect ?

for example force orb of lightning to purge.
or if you have a custom spell using orb of lightning with war-stomp.
force it to stomp.

avalya

Reaction score
I do believe you can only use abilities that target a single enemy unit, the one you are attacking, while using orb of lightning, so no, war stomp would not work.

madd_999

Reaction score
warstop was just an example..

the orb has a chance to happen and i am trying to make a spell that will garentee the effect..

so when the orb effect doesnt work and wont purge(using the basic orb spell)... i cast my spell and on the next hit I have a 100%chance to let him purge and get on cooldown(which is inportant so i wont exadenty have the orb purge him twice.. 1 time forced and 1 time with luck)..

hope that this clears my problem..(i know i can be confusing sometimes)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure about this but you can try to give the purge ability to the hero you want to use the orb's purge and force him to use it and after he did so remove the purge ability again. if it works as i think it might the purge of the orb will be on cooldown as well.
though i am not sure about this.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Just replace the orb ability with a dummy orb ability that has 100% chance for the duration...? :)

Alternatively, make a dummy hero ability with a starting hero level of 2 (to class it as an ult) based of what your orb is based off and dummy cast it - it will go through spell immunity (depending what it is based off).

madd_999

Reaction score
@Jesus4Lyf

tried to do that.. but I dint understand quiet what you mend...

@Accname
it does work. but it can give problems if the orb spell is the same as the spell you use to trigger and it can easily bug..

---
found out two things about orb effects when you use them as an ability.
1. they wont trigger on auto targets. it will only fire on units you selected to let your hero attack.

2. when using a hero ability witch is the same as a ability your hero has by basic.. you will level the orb spell instead of gaining it next to it..
example:
when i set the effect to let it cast Shadow strike and i learn my hero the orb effect as unit ability. in game it will first cast level 1 shadow strike. after i learn my hero shadows strike t wont appear but level the orb-effect to let it cast shadow strike level 2.

i will continue testing orb of lightning(new)...

annyone else having more ideas to force my orb effect to go on cooldown??

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Don't really understand what you want here after reading the posts a few times... But..

> more ideas to force my orb effect to go on cooldown

Tip 2.

Detect buff and then do whatever you want after that.

Alternatively, you can give the OoL a Channel ability with Base ID of Berserk. To force cooldown, just add Berserk to the hero and order to cast.
Code:
Actions
 Unit - Add Berserk to (Unit)
 Unit - Order (Unit) to Berserk
 Unit - Remove Berserk from (Unit)
2 abilities of same order will trigger cooldown when casted. Not fully tested though.

madd_999

Reaction score
well that solved my problem...

in my previous post i asked about more ideas to solve it.. and then i told what thing i already had discovered..

sorry if it was confusing...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.