Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Jming

Reaction score
those screenshots were great. however, i think that ranger's cone shot is a little too plain o_O. maybe it needs some lightening to make it flashy :>
P.S: wheres the 4 other spell? :)

Femoika

Reaction score
Nice screens, the necromancer skin looks REALLY cool.

Are you keeping older skins for the advanced classes? Seemed that the bard and the hunter havent been modified from the ranger and thief looks....

Any screen for assassins??

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
those screenshots were great. however, i think that ranger's cone shot is a little too plain o_O. maybe it needs some lightening to make it flashy :>
Well ... it wouldn't match the theme then. Some of spells are pretty plain. I didn't want to add omfg-BANG-effects to spells that have a very basic function. The Mend ability of the Bishop, for example, looks very plain because its a) spamable and b) just a HoT. All classes will get awesome sfx spells, don't worry, but the special effects are always selected by what suits the spell best - and the initial advanced class spells are meant to be useful - and thus, do not allow amazing light shows sometimes.
P.S: wheres the 4 other spell? :)
They weren't suited for screenshots, most of the time. For example, the assassin's Bladefury ability doesn't have special effects at all. It's just a very fast attack animation and knife-sounds. The special effects of the druid's Blessing of Nature were not working correctly when I took the screenshots, the Sorcerer's spell is not done yet and the Crusader spell still needs to be fixed.
Nice screens, the necromancer skin looks REALLY cool.
It's the same skin as magicians use o_O'
Are you keeping older skins for the advanced classes? Seemed that the bard and the hunter havent been modified from the ranger and thief looks....
Yes, they will have the same skins, as they differ from equipment anyways. I think there's almost no point in changing the skin because of that.

You should always consider that one quality skin equals 10-15 more attachment models or 5-7 new icons.

Jming

Reaction score
1#about gameplay : Does fire arrow burning effect stack?

2#gameplay: my friends were predicting that necromancer would get overpowered , and can solo normal mobs with its skeleton. Will the necromancer still need support to kill mobs?

3# suggestion : once promoted , allow stats reset when promoted . OR by doing quest to allow stats reset

4# question : by any chance would socerror have high threat than necromancer?

5th question : maybe theres 5 necro. skeletons were controlled to surround the creep , necromancer doesnt take damage = imbalanced?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
1#about gameplay : Does fire arrow burning effect stack?
Yes, like all damage debuffs. There is only 1 debuff icon active, but the effect itself stacks.

2#gameplay: my friends were predicting that necromancer would get overpowered , and can solo normal mobs with its skeleton. Will the necromancer still need support to kill mobs?
When we see the necromancer turning out to be too powerful, its always no problem to balance the summons down.

3# suggestion : once promoted , allow stats reset when promoted . OR by doing quest to allow stats reset
Please stop suggesting that. I stated almost a hundred times that we will implement a stat reset later.
I KNOW IT; GODDAMNIT >_>

4# question : by any chance would socerror have high threat than necromancer?
Not sure what you mean by that. Of course, since the sorcerer deals more damage, he will generate more threat than a necromancer. However, it's also more likely for the sorcerer to get an aggro reduce spell than a necro.

5th question : maybe theres 5 necro. skeletons were controlled to surround the creep , necromancer doesnt take damage = imbalanced?
You can not control the skeletons directly. It will work the same as ranger pets were you have a simple attack and retreat ability. Also, the collision of the skeletons is very small compared to heroes. I doubt it will be possible to block off bosses with skeletons.

Naflix

Reaction score
At first hello!
The game mega great!!....I'm lvl 24 squire.....I hate only 2 things it this map the first is thet i have kill the wolf and the crab 60 times and no scroll drop for squire :( and the second is i forget to save sometimes :)
I have some questions
1.How many of the map exist?
2.What is the last version?
U doing a great job at this map this is like wow (world of warcraft)
I love your game :)
Sry for bad english :)

lmjai

Reaction score
I NEVER experienced any disconnects or desyncs for MONTHS now. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. It might be a problem with Hostbots. I can not fix that, if so. I can just recommend not to host Gaias Retaliation with Hostbots - or just make sure you save before buying spells. Also, I never heard of disconnects or desyncs when talking or just clicking npcs before. Are you sure it wasn't an ordinary disconnect that was in no way caused by the map?

I'm getting desync in everygame since 10-12-09 with the HostBot, you sure you cant try anything to fix it? (because hosting with bot really makes difference)

Also a suggestion: a rollmenu with greed/need for boss drops (like the one in wow) if you care about ninja/stealers. Not that i find many, since i can insta-kick+ban with the bot but it would be nice.

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
I also get the desyncing bug, but with my Autorefresher, not a bot, ( Never did like them.) If I left my autorefresher on when I start the game, we desync right when the game starts. But if I close my autorefresher, everything runs smoothly. This problem also occurred with my friend who uses a List-Checker. Not that big of a bug, since it is very easy to just alt+tab and close the program. Just a little blip that could be fixed, if possible.

Jming

Reaction score
It would be good if someone could make a trailer for this game after the next version..

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Sorry, but as I do not use 3rd party programs at all - and thus, have no clue how they work - I can not fix problems and desyncs that come with the use of those tools.

Either not use those tools or try to avoid situations that are likely to cause disconnects when using them.

D-Note

Reaction score
Found quite a funny bug while running the last cave yesterday. One magician died on the way to the forgotten one cuz we were just running through mobs with shields (hope you dont count this as exploit :p). We triggered the cutscene for the forgotten one and the units began attack his grave. Now I had a mapmaker in my grp and from what i believe, he says the cutscene removed the grave's inventory making it vulnerable.
While im here, lemme ask ppl who are lvl25+: USWest and USEast, we have a a group of dedicated players looking to help others as well as their own heroes. Im currently lvl32 and ill gladly help newcomers like I've been doing.

Heres an SS of the bug:
Bug.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.